Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Susje

Trade bots' code

In another forum, a guy is saying EL trade bots scam the customers. I'm not a programmer, but being a bot owner I'm sure at least the bots in el-services server can't scam.

Each bot server has its own programming code and I realized a strange thing. Adarah is a unique bot because is the only bot (as far as I know) that can trade with the customers directly to/from the storage and the only one that accept more items than wanted items in a trade.

By example: Adarah say is buying 1 desert pines ring for 130gc each, but if I put 5 rings in the trade window there is no warning because it's buying only 1. The items above that amount are accepted, but with zero cost. If I accept the trade, the bot would take the 5 rings and pay me 130gc, so I would sell 1 ring for 130gc and donate 4 for free to the bot.

21q4ox.png

I think that code should be changed to avoid a newbie or a player who doesn't know that feature can be disappointed, or a guy sow distrust over all EL bots (guilty or innocent).

Adarah was from before the no bots allowed at storage rule.

Not all bots are el-services.

You can write your own bot code, discuss it with Radu and try to get his approval for your bot code.

I will probably not see any replies to this post, since I rarely even look at EL forums or really do anything of worth in EL anymore.

You can write your own bot code, discuss it with Radu and try to get his approval for your bot code.

I will probably not see any replies to this post, since I rarely even look at EL forums or really do anything of worth in EL anymore.

- I know Adarah bot is very old. It was working the first time I played EL. Is Adarah the first trade bot created in EL? Does anyone know it?

When I asked old players and mods about the reason Adarah has another different rules many of them didn't know why. The only interesting response I got was "It's because RIVA guild members helped Radu to develop EL some years ago". I don't know if they helped economically or programming some code for the server, if this is true or another rumor in the game. If anyone does know it, please tell it here.

- Yes, I know there are several bot servers and every one has a different code approved by Radu. Prolly the bot behaviour in this server is a feature, not a bug, but I think it should be changed. Some player posted a dispute whined in the forum because I change prices in my bots according to the market prices. What would do a player if (by example) sells 100 items to Adarah and discovers after the trade that bot only paid for 1?

Edited by Susje

- I know Adarah bot is very old. It was working the first time I played EL. Is Adarah the first bot created in EL? Does anyone know it?

When I asked old players and mods about the reason Adarah has another different rules many of them didn't know why. The only interesting response I got was "It's because RIVA guild members helped Radu to develop EL some years ago". I don't know if they helped economically or programming some code for the server, if this is true or another rumor in the game. If anyone does know it, please tell it here.

Decisions about bot placement and acceptable code features are taken by radu (and/or Roja, perhaps), so old players and moderators could only tell you what they have heard. Also, the rules on bot placement have changed over time, and I'm not sure bots were obliged to change place on a change of the rules (i.e. only new bots or old bots changing location would be asked to follow the latest rule set)

- Yes, I know there are several bot servers and every one has a different code approved by Radu. Prolly the bot behaviour in this server is a feature, not a bug, but I think it should be changed. Some player posted a dispute whined in the forum because I change prices in my bots according to the market prices. What would do a player if (by example) sells 100 items to Adarah and discovers after the trade that bot only paid for 1?

Wasn't your reply there something along the lines of "But you see what the bot pays you before you finalise the trade"?

Same goes here: this bot shows the gc in the trade window (per your screenshot) before you accept the trade, so if you don't agree with the price paid, don't finalise the trade...("caveat emptor" seems perfectly applicable here)

So in both cases: pay attention before accepting the bot's offer, thus no need to change any behaviour... (actually, in this case it's even easier, as the information is right there where your attention is while trading: in the trade window; whereas item prices must be communicated through PM, so elsewhere on the screen)

Disclaimer: these are my opinions only, and I'm in no way affiliated with Riva or responsible for any of Adarah's code.

Edited by revi

I think paying some gold coins less for an item if the owner changed the price before the trade is a matter and paying 0 (zero, nothing) gold coins for an item is another different matter but is my opinion. It can be wrong like every opinion.

For me, trading an item for gold coins is selling but giving away an item for nothing is donating. Bots usually have a "donate" command but if you sell items without using the "donate" command before the last you think is you are donating, not selling.