• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Burn

Burn

Goblin

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

Packages available for OpenSUSE 13.2, Tumbleweed, Leap 42.1 and Leap 42.2.

i586 and x86_64 builds available for all (except Leap 42.1 which is only being released as a 64-bit system).

- Builds are from unchanged official GIT repository code, so you have all the latest updates and bugfixes for the client.
- Data files are updated to include the current knowledge list and encyclopedia (as available in GIT)
- 4 Packages:
1. elc - the main client (required)
2. elc-data - the game data files (required)
3. elc-sound
4. elc-music
Sound and Music are optional, and install the same sound/music as found on the official download page.

I'll update the repository whenever there's enough GIT changes to warrant it. (Doesn't happen often.) You can see the date of the GIT grab in the version.

1-Click Install

Go to this download page at the OpenSUSE Build Service. Select the OpenSUSE version you're using, and 1-click install.

Zypper install

Go to the above-linked download page and click "Add repository and install manually" for instructions.

YaST Install

If you know how to add a repo in YaST, use the repo links found in the Zypper instructions. If not, just use the 1-click install and the repos will be automatically added.

Edited by Burn, 22 November 2016 - 07:18 PM.

#2 bluap

bluap

Feran

• Moderators
  • 2218 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

Nice work! Almost makes me wan to try OpenSUSE but I guess I'll stick with Debian derivatives for now.

Edited by bluap, 08 December 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#3 Burn

Burn

Goblin

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

Been a SUSE user since version 7.1 way, way back in the day. Can't be bothered with trying others any more because "it just works". And that's all I need. A stumbling block here or there but nothing major and always relatively easy to deal with.

Though I gotta say the latest release, 13.1, is definitely worth giving a try. I haven't had a single issue with it yet. The KDE setup is very nice, quick, stable and probably the most impressive I've seen. (I don't use Gnome but I've heard people saying it's set up similarly well.)

Simple enough for any average Win user, but all the "power stuff" for the coding crowd is there as well. And there is very little in the way of Linux software that isn't available in some repository. The Build service (like I used for the elc RPMs) hosts thousands of unofficial programs, to go along with the thousands of official builds.

*steps down from the gecko pulpit* :-P

#4 Burn

Burn

Goblin

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:27 PM

RPMs updated for current git20140104.

Changelog (since Dec. 7th build):
* Sat Jan 04 2014 flamesworld@gmail.com
- Update to current git code. Changes include:
-- Identifiers in HUD showing Harvesting status, Special Day info, and Poison status
-- Remaining spell duration indication (not working in this build - may need server changes to work properly so don't hold your breath on this one ;-) )
-- ctrl/alt zoom for storage item indicators
-- Option to not display console messages for mixed items when other windows are closed
-- Suppression of "You are too far away" messages when within five seconds of each other
-- Other minor internal fixes

- Update to current encyclopedia (Halberd of Action added)

- Added item_info.txt file to data files for trade info in console

Edited by Burn, 06 January 2014 - 10:33 PM.

#5 terrier

terrier

Rabbit

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

Thanks for making the packages available :)

Unfortunately I can't get the 12.3 version to work for me :bangwall: It's fine until the "Password" screen and then crashes as soon as the progess bar gets to "Done"

Running EL from the console gives me an "Illegal instruction" message when it crashes...

Any idea what I can do to get it working?

#6 Burn

Burn

Goblin

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

Hmmm...

I don't have a 12.3 box anymore. All the builds are done on OpenSUSE's build service, even the ones I'm using on 13.1. So they are actually being built on a 12.3 platform.

Sometimes there's more info in the ~/.elc/main/chat_log_201401.txt file, can check the end of that file after a crash to see if any error messages appear.

In YaST Software Management top row menu, Package -> All Packages -> Update if newer version available (just to make sure you have the latest everything).

It shouldn't be missing requirements, pretty sure I included all those in the spec for the RPM.

If nothing shows there, I don't really know what to say. "illegal instruction" doesn't say much, unfortunately.

I could suggest rebuilding the RPM from the .src RPM (can be downloaded from the first-post link if you dare try) but you'll likely have to install a lot of -dev packages to do that. :-/

But as a last resort, can try replacing the binary with one of bluap's builds, which I used back when I was on 12.3 http://twinmoons.org.uk/el/git/ until it can be figured out what the issue is.

Edited by Burn, 06 January 2014 - 10:30 PM.

#7 terrier

terrier

Rabbit

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:30 AM

Hi Burn - Thanks for the quick reply :)

I didn't think it would be an easy solution!  Anyway I've downloaded one of bluap's static builds and that seems to be working fine...

If I get the chance I'll download the RPM source and have a go at rebuilding it and see what happens.

Thanks again :)

#8 Burn

Burn

Goblin

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:52 AM

There's also the option to try clean default settings.

Simplest way to do that is rename your ~/.elc directory to something else (like ~/.elcREAL) forcing EL to create a new default .elc directory with a default .ini file.

If that still crashes, open that default ~/.elc/main/el.ini file and set "poor_man" to 1 and try again.

If it works with poor man on, slowly set better settings to see at what point it crashes.

If you do rebuild, these are the requirements per the spec file. (Scream if it doesn't build due to a missing requirement not on the list.)

BuildRequires:  Mesa-devel
BuildRequires:  fdupes
BuildRequires:  gcc-c++
BuildRequires:  libSDL-devel
BuildRequires:  libSDL_image-devel
BuildRequires:  libSDL_net-devel
BuildRequires:  cal3d-devel
BuildRequires:  libogg-devel
BuildRequires:  libpng-devel
BuildRequires:  libvorbis-devel
BuildRequires:  openal-devel
BuildRequires:  unzip
BuildRequires:  update-desktop-files
BuildRequires:	libxml2-devel

#9 Burn

Burn

Goblin

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:20 PM

RPMs have been updated to the current GIT pulled today.

Enough changes warranted an updated build. Particularly the work bluap and radu have done to show timers on shield/TS/Invisi spells so you know when they'll end. (Please test these and report any issues!)

The timer shows as a blue bar behind the spell icon in the bottom left of your screen. It'll get smaller until time is up.

* Wed Jun 13 2014 flamesworld@gmail.com
-- Timers showing on spells to indicate how long before the spell stops.
-- Mother Nature Takes a Dump added to counters
-- Auto-Saving no longer occurs during fights to avoid a lag
-- Pressing ctrl or alt while hovering over item in inv or sto will increase font size of amount number
-- Heal Allies added to spell list
-- Many various internal fixes
- Update to current encyclopedia

#10 Burn

Burn

Goblin

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:22 AM

Enough changes to warrant an updated build, so the repository has been refreshed with new builds from the GIT code as of today.

(OpenSUSE users: If GIT gets updated with a change you're desiring and I haven't rebuilt for it, give me a holler in-game, or post here and I'll do it as quickly as possible. Otherwise I'll only update as it seems warranted.)

* Tue Oct 14 2014 flamesworld@gmail.com
-- Fixes and adjustments to spell timers
-- Storage item filters
-- Fixes to showing of encyclopedia
-- HUD tab option to always enlarge text (sto, bags, trade windows, quickbar)
-- "Distance" in Session tab shows number of steps taken
-- Fix crash when leaving buggy (usually guild) maps
-- Suppression of "already fighting with someone" single combat messages    
    when within 5 seconds of each other so it doesn't spam.
-- Other various bug fixes and internal tweaks
- Update to current encyclopedia

#11 Burn

Burn

Goblin

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:19 AM

For OpenSUSE users, this repo will be updated to the 1.9.4 client after the server update. Immediately if I'm online, maybe a few hours after as radu likes to do stuff when I'm asleep. ;-) But I have files prepped and ready.

#12 Burn

Burn

Goblin

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:57 AM

My OpenSUSE repo is now updated to 1.9.4. (Was gonna wait till server update, but radu hinted last night's invasion was the last one before update so may as well get it over with.)

Available for 13.1, 13.2 and Factory, in both 32 and 64-bit formats.

Post if any issues. I'm not personally finding any on my 13.2 64-bit system, and am unable to test any of the others.

#13 Burn

Burn

Goblin

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:57 PM

Repositories are updated now to include builds for Tumbleweed and the (coming soon) Leap 42.1 release.

The Factory build has been removed as it is no longer supported.

The Leap build should work with the release candidate/gold releases if you've installed one of those. No guarantees of course.

Same official 1.9.4 release, so 13.1/13.2 users won't see a change, just adding repos for the other releases.

NOTE: I can only build for supported openSUSE releases btw, so if you're on 13.1 you may be outta luck soonish as it will be the next to lose support. Nov. 4th's "Leap" release is a good excuse to update your system. ;-)

medium.png

Edited by Burn, 31 October 2015 - 03:08 PM.

#14 Burn

Burn

Goblin

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:31 PM

Builds are now available for the new OpenSUSE Leap 42.2.

Will update it soon to a more recent GIT build.

13.1 builds are discontinued (distro is no longer supported).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users