1. 1. Rostogol price/availability

• 1 USD, not very rare
    • 2 USD, somewhat rare
    • 5 USD, as it is on the main server
    • 7 USD, rare
  2. 2. Updates

• Only bugfixes, minor tune ups
    • Add the new stuff from the main server
  3. 3. Cooldowns (for items used during fights)

• Same as main server
    • 1 second
    • 5 seconds

Aguing what they voted for to try to encourage others to vote the same way?

To increase their postings count and state their opinion why they voted as they did?

OK, allow me to amend my question:

Just curious, why do people feel compelled to post what they voted without adding any additional information? :cry:

(a quick scan shows at least 4 posts like that above)

I suspect Piper may be on to something with his first suggestion.

1$ Rost

bugfixes

1 sec cooldown

I will own all with pr0 leather and pickaxe :pickaxe:

And I was undecided before, but I will definitely be checking out a PK server.

Get rid of c1 and make it all c2 :pickaxe:

The non PK island and spawn from the underworld could be on anitora.

Just curious, why do people feel compelled to post what they voted? :P

Well in most forum votes the votes are only accepted if accompanied by a post, otherwise any randomer who has no interest or knowledge in the topic at hand can vote and mess up the result :hug:

Well in most forum votes the votes are only accepted if accompanied by a post, otherwise any randomer who has no interest or knowledge in the topic at hand can vote and mess up the result :hug:
Interesting. I have never before seen such a requirement (or even unofficial policy) on any forum I've visited. This of course excludes stereotypical AOL'ers who like to post "me too" replies. :P

voted for 7 usd for a rostogol, so that pk server won't be flooded with those.

Imho the cheaper rostos the better, coz u will lose less if u die, which means u will be able to afford to die more often, so u will fight more also.

Even if rosto is 1 usd u need to remember on pk server it will be harder to make money( low lvl players only, most "making-money" areas pk) :D

And if some1 buys from the shop and rostos r only item to buy they will be bought a lot anyways, undepended if they r sold for 1$ or 7$.

If u fight a lot there is possibility of dieing when u forgot the rosto, i saw DonPedro died like that, Nitager too, me of coz too once, it can happen to any1, so ur enemy can have nice drop from u :laugh:

mp

voted for 7 usd for a rostogol, so that pk server won't be flooded with those.

Imho the cheaper rostos the better, coz u will lose less if u die, which means u will be able to afford to die more often, so u will fight more also.

Even if rosto is 1 usd u need to remember on pk server it will be harder to make money( low lvl players only, most "making-money" areas pk) :D

by the same token, PKing will be one of the main sources of making money. the more rostos you have, the more fights (not that I am in ANY way against more fights), and the less drops, so the less money changing hands due to pk, but the more rostos being sold at the shop. imo its a fine line to balance on.

1$ rostos would be cool. Suppose the people who bought them sold them for 5-10k in game. it's not super cheap, but it's not that expensive either.

don't do the major updates, it takes away from what the pk server is all about: PK.

1 second cooldowns would be nice

and lastly, i figure the armors/weaps that are in the main right now would be fine, perhaps with the exception of the c2 weaps. BoD, BroD, etc.

Yes, ur here absolutely right, im afraid that there will be several ppl who will buy themself bod+brod+col+full tit set from npc and will chase the rest of the server around.

It will be at 2 weeks after server is made at max( coz at that time server will be able to "produce" enough money for them to buy that equipment).

They will of coz sell a lot of rostos for that , and probably for 1-2k gc each ( if rosto will be 1$ per :D ).

For a normal player only defense againt them will be to join their guild :hug:

<quick edit> To not look like i only complain here: it can happen but doesnt have to, there r simple ways to prevent this situation, for example making npc prices really high, like double or even tripple than on main server, or removing bod/brod/col from the pk server.

Its all up to Radu how it will look like, so lets wait and see :D

mp

Edited by masterpiter

I am not an old player. But when i started playing el the most pr0 armor was full iron and the best sword was the serp. Col was available only from the NPC. I had a nice game play experience but i prefer modern el than that.

To be honest i don't like old school pk at all. I prefer fighting with a cutlass and a col cause pk is more spectacular this way. Other players that started el before me enjoy old school and this is very normal.

There is no reason at least for me (other's may disagree and i respect that) to pay just to play el of 2005 or el of early 2006.

I thought that the pk server would be almost like the normal with cheaper pk and without a hard economy system and generally with more pk action.

Also i don't believe that there is a reason for Brod's to exist in the pk server. And cooldown of summoning stones should be increased cause players are tired of fighting bears instead of other players.

I don't have any problem with pure summoners though.

I know one thing- the cheaper pk the more pk.

If players have to use expensive equipment( and col, bod, brod and other stuff like that is very expensive) u cant expect to have a lot of pk.

Just check pk on the main server, 300-800 players online but about 10-15 of them do sometimes pk, in 2005 there was less players online, like 150-500 maybe, but many of them was pking and dieing on pk, coz it was cheap.

U didnt need to have col+brod+bod+ full tit to stand a chance vs some1 else, enough was tit serp for 5kgc, tit chain for another 5k gc , leather pants+boots, iron helm and steel shield, mirror or bp cape, u didnt need more, maybe some pots/essences/rings.

With such a little money spent( u could harvest for it 4 hours) u were ready for pk on the highest lvl.

Even if ur enemy was way stronger and had thermal u could mirror-kill him, coz there was no col, so his health wasnt big.

Try to do the same now, with some1 who's stronger and got better equipment ;)

mp

Definitely the cheaper pk the more pk. We agree to the basic.

What i don't understand is why TD is empty and pk maps are full in non drop days. I mean if the problem of pk were tit plates and expensive weapons why TD isn't popular?

And why dp arena has more players than other pk arena's although newbies are fighting with col?

My opinion is that pk stopped when the economy changed. Yetis drops were decreased and players started spending all their gc to buy hydro bars for nexuses. Also yetis became stronger so less people could slaughter them and make money. And of course endless training was a problem too.

Anyway i hope some useful conclusions will come out from the new server. I am wondering also how the new server will affect the main server.

What i don't understand is why TD is empty and pk maps are full in non drop days. I mean if the problem of pk were tit plates and expensive weapons why TD isn't popular?

Coz u always have to look at cost, in NDD u can be poor and weak and u wont lose much except some pk points and ess/pots, unless some gay will try to brod u :pinch:

In td u can lose ur items which is 10-15k gc per death(if u use oldschool equip), or way more, up to 600k gc if u use expensive stuff( thats why i voted for cheapest possible rosto's, weaker and poorer ppl will be able to pk then, not only strongest/richest).

And why dp arena has more players than other pk arena's although newbies are fighting with col?

Many of those "newbies" play longer than most ppl on fluffies/feroses, they use best possible stuff coz they know if they use cheap armors they will have big dissadvantage vs some1 with expensive items. Btw, from what i saw dp arena pretty dead now too :hiya:

My opinion is that pk stopped when the economy changed. Yetis drops were decreased and players started spending all their gc to buy hydro bars for nexuses. Also yetis became stronger so less people could slaughter them and make money. And of course endless training was a problem too.

Endless training is not a problem, all who trained a lot quit already coz no fun to train on yetis( imagine u would train on monster that is 20 lvls below ur a/d but hits u so much and so often like it would be 20 lvls above, thats what yetis r now)

I like new yetis coz almost always spawns r empty, no1 able to train long on them, even if very strong, so i can come, kill for gc with cutlass for 2h, and go afk, come back later and spawn still free B) .

No comment about nexuses/hydro bars :(

mp

Edited by masterpiter

I know this is a bit off topic. but PK being very quiet on main server, do you really think it will be so active on pk server? Maybe in the beginning it will. But I think the novelty will wear off fast. I agree with cheap rostos. But this sounds a alot like the thread where everyone wanted a "old school" pk map. And RotD /TD has been for the most part empty since its creation. But, maybe I am wrong. If it works out I will consider joining onto the new server.

Jumpy

Me lasher and many others pk in TD regularly. It's easy to fight, 1 sec cooldown helps a lot. so we can dis / tele as much as we need with no worries. People just need to quit bitchin' is all

Stricken is right, its pretty hard to die on TD, small cooldown helps a lot weaker players, u will always be able to restore and refil mana, even if way stronger player attacked u, and even if u have to diss- u simply use diss and tele and ur safe. I had some kills there too, but i wasnt able to kill any1 using col yet ;)

mp

take friends/summons with you to catch the diss, even low levels can help this way.

learn to pk ;)

Summon stones dont work on TD map :D

Though friends work well

Jumpy

stones? Take ingreds for rabbits/beavers/rats, all they're for is to catch the dis, not actually fight.

The problem is TD is multicombat (isn't it?), rabbits will simply suicide to your opponent before he even thinks dissing.