Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sistema

Want to have a guild map?

Do the entrance and exit have to be on the same map? Or can we have the entrance from a map and the exit to another map?

new rule for guildmaps: only 1 entrance and 1 exit allowed.

Does this include already paid maps also that havent been implemented yet?

Yes it does.

The entrance & exit can be on different maps.

since you said that only 1 fruit is allowed to be harvested on the guild map does that mean that if i don't make the fruit harvestable i can make like a iron ore perhaps? harvestable but only in 1 location like the fruits?

since you said that only 1 fruit is allowed to be harvested on the guild map does that mean that if i don't make the fruit harvestable i can make like a iron ore perhaps? harvestable but only in 1 location like the fruits?

No

Yes it is, but it will have to be distributed to your guild members by you only.

What you'd have to do is to create a .pll file for your guildmap:

How to put Music in the game.

- Open up a .pll file in a text editor(such as notepad).

In the file you will see lines like this:

0 592 208 756 0 citybynight.ogg --White stone city night time

0 592 208 756 1 castle_road.ogg --White stone city day time

542 0 757 239 2 overworld.ogg --Lakeside Village

Each line represents the playing of a song. The parameters are these:

minx miny maxx maxy time_of_day filename description

So, in this line:

0 592 208 756 0 citybynight.ogg --White stone city night time

The first number, 0 is the minimun X coordinate value.

The second number, 592 is the min. Y coord. value

The third, 208 is the max. X coord.

The forth, 756 is the max Y coord.

The fifth, 0 is the time of day it's played. 0=night, 1=day, 2=both

Next comes the file name

And lastly, the description of the area it is played and time of day.

-Each map requires it's own .pll file

What should we do about making sounds for our guildmaps (defining sounds for the 3D objects)? Should we just send in the info for the guild maps like the request for the public to help with the main EL maps?

What should we do about making sounds for our guildmaps (defining sounds for the 3D objects)? Should we just send in the info for the guild maps like the request for the public to help with the main EL maps?

If you want to make sounds that's up to you and is for you to distribute to your guildmates. It's nothing official and cannot be sent to us.

Can we have animals on a guild map, that cant be attacked like the unicorn on ws?

Troger

No.

I thought that the sound corrections for 3d objects (like bridges over water) had to be done server side? If there is a way to provide a client-side file to repair these sounds I'll be happy to do it and distribute it to the guildies but I don't know how that's done.

The files are mapsfx_c1 & c2, and are in your sound folder in the new update. Just edit those files in the format described in the thread in the sound forum, and host it so the rest of the guild can download :)

Hiya, just wondering, I know that you can turn off spells for the whole map, but is it possible to just have a no-spell zone?

If so, how?

Thank you so much,

Jaxbot.

(EDIT: Also, how do I tell the item number for use-withs? Is it the item image ID? Thanks. again)

Edited by Jaxbot

Hiya, just wondering, I know that you can turn off spells for the whole map, but is it possible to just have a no-spell zone?

If so, how?

Thank you so much,

Jaxbot.

(EDIT: Also, how do I tell the item number for use-withs? Is it the item image ID? Thanks. again)

Under the attributes:

[allow_spellcasting]

min_x:

min_y:

max_x:

max_y:

value: 0

[/allow_spellcasting]

Make sure your value is set to 0. I hope you know how to do the rest.

The use withs are only told by Roja, you will have to get the specific numbers from her.

Edited by Kidberg

Under the attributes:

[allow_spellcasting]

min_x:

min_y:

max_x:

max_y:

value: 0

[/allow_spellcasting]

Make sure you value is set to 0. I hope you know how to do the rest.

The use withs are only told by Roja, you will have to get the specific numbers from her.

Thanks, I know what to do now :bow_arrow:

And OK, once we get our payment in, I'll talk to her about that (just gathering ideas right now).

Jaxbot.

New policy: If you want updates to your guildmap it will cost $10 per update.

This is because we are getting a lot more guildmaps and I do have to look through them all, upload it to the test server, and if there are bugs that cause the server not to start I have to fix those in the def file.

So there is no longer that 1 free guildmap update per client update period!

OK, makes sense. But is it also $10 for a bug fix update to the test server?

Because atm my map's def file had a bug in it, and it'd kinda stink if I had to pay $10 to get the new one uploaded.

If you just paid for your guildmap then you get free updates until the client update. This is for AFTER your guildmap is already in the client. I was allowing guilds to have their map updated for free once/client update, but it's too much to do now with all the guildmaps we have.

If you just paid for your guildmap then you get free updates until the client update. This is for AFTER your guildmap is already in the client. I was allowing guilds to have their map updated for free once/client update, but it's too much to do now with all the guildmaps we have.

I have no protest then. $10 isn't very much, but it's enough that says "Do you REALLY want to change our map around?".

Like the $5 house magazines. They would be free, but $5 says your not just gonna color in them.