Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PsychoticKiller

Reseting

I think that when you reset your character, it just takes away your perks, nexuses, and attributes. You would get back the pickpoints that you spent on the perks, nexuses, and attributes and keep your overall level. You would only be able to do this over a large number of game days to prevent people from abusing the option. (EX: Getting 5 artificial nexuses to manufacture and then getting 5 vegetal nexuses to make potions) This would be good incase someone gets a perk (good or bad) that they later regret getting. That person wouldn't have to work for weeks to get back the pickpoints for thier nexuses and attributes. I think it's a really good idea. Whadaya think? :P

I think that when you reset your character, it just takes away your perks, nexuses, and attributes. You would get back the pickpoints that you spent on the perks, nexuses, and attributes and keep your overall level. You would only be able to do this over a large number of game days to prevent people from abusing the option. (EX: Getting 5 artificial nexuses to manufacture and then getting 5 vegetal nexuses to make potions) This would be good incase someone gets a perk (good or bad) that they later regret getting. That person wouldn't have to work for weeks to get back the pickpoints for thier nexuses and attributes. I think it's a really good idea. Whadaya think? :D

No. Simply no. If you want to #reset, then you should be penalized to regain back all your experience for your bad choices. Carefully design your character the first time and you'll never have to worry about this.

I think that a reset is...a reset. And, having said that. I think it's fine the way it is.

There are downsides to resetting as well, so I, for one, wouldn't use the #reset command lightly.

Plus don't you think most people don't know much when they first start out!?!? They might think, "Hey how bad can hellspawn be?" or "I'll definately get the excavator perk, instead of spending money on that cloak." If I got something like this, I wouldn't want my exp to be completely wasted because of 1 mistake!!! It wouldn't hurt anyone at all. Just because you don't need it or want it, doesn't mean that someone else wouldn't kill for it! :) I'd better not get another response like those last two. This is used so that you can fix things that you screwed up. "A reset is a reset." is the gayest thing i've ever heard. How would you like it if you somehow found some glitch in the game by accident and your character got deleted automatically. Reset is almost as bad as that. One stupid mistake that is later regretted, leads to complete loss.........***hole.(At least i bleeped it out <_< )

*I forgot to put this in my previous post :D *

The problem, Psycho, which has been stated before, is that it is far too easy to abuse.

Yes, it might be nice for someone who took some particularily brutal perk. However, there are too many ways to mess around with it.

A player might take all of their attribute points to speed research, complete all of the research, and then #reset and redistribute the pickpoints

Someone could, in a system without boundaries like you suggest, NEVER put points into nexuses (nexii?) until they needed them, and then switch everything back as soon as they were done. (say you need 5 artificial nexii to do X thing... you #reset, get the nexii, make... oh, I dunno, tit bars, then #reset and put your picks into attributes.) Same thing for perks - players would only take the ones that suit them at the time.

It's not realistic, and it's not good for the game. It was a good idea, but it will result in far more grief than it would solve.

Regards,

Kenjutsushi Kyuketsuki

The Vampiric Swordsman

Do you people not get it!? I specifically pointed out that you wouldn't be able to do it over a LOOOOONG period of time!!!!! That means people wouldn't be desperate enough to completely screw up thier character for like 2 months straight!!! Or if you insist on saying that it would be abused, make it so that you can only do it once or twice EVER! Do something like #special_reset insted of just #reset. You could only do a special reset once or twice. Or once a month or once every two months. Simple abusing problems aren't difficult to solve. What are you people, completely braindead or something?

Do you people not get it!? I specifically pointed out that you wouldn't be able to do it over a LOOOOONG period of time!!!!! That means people wouldn't be desperate enough to completely screw up thier character for like 2 months straight!!! Or if you insist on saying that it would be abused, make it so that you can only do it once or twice EVER! Do something like #special_reset insted of just #reset. You could only do a special reset once or twice. Or once a month or once every two months. Simple abusing problems aren't difficult to solve. What are you people, completely braindead or something?

The thing I don't get is your point.

We have a reset command that works the way it is supposed to.

If you do a reset you have to deal with the consequenses.

This was discussed in detail when the reset command was implemented.

The point is some people reset thier characters, because of a bad perk that they got that they really regret. If someone wanted to reset thier character like they it's done now, they might as well just make a new one. The point is that they won't have to reearn all the pickpoints that they waste by resetting. :P Dumbass.

Fine. Fuck it. All this is doing is pissing me off. The thing that makes games suck, is when people take it too seriously. IT'S A FUCKING GAME!!!!! People don't play a game to be punished or get pissed off, or be flamed down because people don't like a good suggestion because they're already powerful and don't want other people to be able to catch up. Fuck you all. I hope you all have many children, and are stabbed by all of them and then shot by your husband or wife. You can all rot in hell......

And you saying "It's supposed to hurt." dumbass. THAT'S WHAT SUGGESTIONS ARE FOR!!!!!

Edited by PsychoticKiller