Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Derin

Harvest And Teleports

I strongly suggest that the teleports while harvesting is removed.

It is not fun anymore, and I figure with the new server-side system, there is little or no need for this.

That not going get to change at all. You need reason why think better without beside saying no fun at all. Like that it does not change price at all with or with out it. But think put in there to try to stop people total macro for harvest stuff.

Edited by jamesvm

Well, i was under the impression that macroing was off with the server-side harvesting.

That is why I want the teleporting gone.

Full ack, Derin.

These teleports sucks!!

Piper

PS: Derin, if they really remove those teleports, we cant play anymore "bet who will get tp'ed first" in garg cave ;-)

Guest Baltar

I agree! get rid of the teleport during harvest! I have only been playing two days and have been teleported twice and killed both times. :rolleyes:

Haha,

I don't have any problems with these random things, I often have fun when I get teleported to a place I don't know.

The thrill of hoping not to die and not knowing what you will run into, isn't that exciting ?

Ok sure, if ur all afk, get teleported, and then get killed, I just LAUGH at you, I mean don't be afk, that's what these events are for, including the teleporting.

And never say it happens too much, it's all random and pure luck/bad luck

Greetz,

Salem

lol well thats crap i think ...i hate the teleportin you can do any harvestin with it doing that and you cant bag sit and harvest and make because of that...and it makes it hard on the noobs to.....so i say REMOVE it

The teleports are only good if your a bag jumper.... If you are trying to have a group project (lets just say FE) you have someone mining sulfur while other players harvest the other things that are needed. In the mean time you get teleported and the bag that you have been working on gets jumped and there goes all you hard work down the drain. I think one of the best things about EL is the fact that it promoted group efforts and frowned on bag jumpers. The way the tide has changed it feels like it is working for the benefit of the bag jumpers while hindering the people that work together. I know that this was not what the developers were trying to do. This is just what I have seen for myself. It really sorrows me to see a great game heading down a different path from the game that I fell in love with. The changes that have been made I know were meant to improve EL, but as of yet I still don't see the improvement. I have seen far to many of my friends leave the game due to these changes. I myself am really considering leaving the game for good. That was not a threat, I know that me leaving will not make or break this game. It was just a statement to get across the distress that I feel toward these changes.

Keep all of the other Random Events, Just lose the the Teleports.

They're more annoying then useful! We can hardly make a decent load being teleported half way across the Continent like this and since they don't effect Macroers one little bit, They serve no purpose other then for the Devs to Laugh at us and Bag Jumper to profit!

bags are open season. if you dont want to loose something then dont drop it...

if you want to transfer something between people or have more then one person gather something, use trade to stransfer stuff around.

bags where never intended to be a extra holding space of stuff, the fact that its used that way dont change anything.

in my view a bag should be removed a set time after it was first created. not a set time after the last item was dropped in it. that way they are no longer usefull as a storage device...

I agree on the teleports thing. Twice today I was teleported while sitting in a vegetable patch working on essences, only harvesting 3 veggies every time I ran out of food for making essences. I got teleported before I could even get 3 veggies which meant I had to 'beam me up' and do the walk back to the veggie patch to continue.

Bee stings and walls caving in are fine, as are other events stopping your harvesting. Random teleports are not.

bags are open season. if you dont want to loose something then dont drop it...

if you want to transfer something between people or have more then one person gather something, use trade to stransfer stuff around.

bags where never intended to be a extra holding space of stuff, the fact that its used that way dont change anything.

in my view a bag should be removed a set time after it was first created. not a set time after the last item was dropped in it. that way they are no longer usefull as a storage device...

http://el.platinum.linux.pl/getstat/getstat.php?player=Duran

I am sorry duran, but with your skills...Actually bags are *required* to make needed quantity of items.

Your manu is 1 and alchemy 16, you haven't really played this game since a year or more, so excuse me,

but what you can know about the way we manufacture in this game and what is needed for our effective work?

In other games players has a comfortable ways to make needed qty of items, in this game we have to build

features ourselves. Bag purpose is not a comfortable way to manufacture items but at the

moment that is THE ONE solution, so maybe I am being a bitch but if person with level 1 of manufacture

and 16 of alchemy is telling me "if you don't want loose your items don't drop it" blood is boiling in my veins.

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

It's possible to manufacture - it's just not possible to MASS-manufacture without bags. Don't you think that perhaps, with later changes to the alch/pot/manu system, it won't be necessary to mass-manufacture anymore? Maybe this teleporting is just to get players used to the idea that bags should not be used. Just my opinion.

-Lyn-

Maybe this teleporting is just to get players used to the idea that bags should not be used. Just my opinion.

-Lyn-

Lyn,

You have me beat there..... dropping items on the ground should of course be possible, whether it's in a bag or not.

But that doesn't matter, because the subject here is teleporting while harvesting, which is beginning to be extremely annoying, regardless of making a bag or not.

As it is now, you know that you are going to get teleported, question is when, not if. It is not fun, so I want it removed.

Yes, of course... I'm not saying that dropping items should not be possible. What I'm against is really the technique that most players use of dropping items or ingredients in bags during manu, since that again promotes mass-manufacturing. Ideally, just manufacturing from whatever is in your inventory, rather than from the thousands of ingredients stored underneath you in your bag, is supposed to be the "right way" of doing things. Teleportation puts the bag-manufacturing at risk, therefore discourages the use of that technique.

However, I do agree that it has the side effect of annoying a lot of players who don't bag-manufacture, so perhaps it WOULD be best to remove teleporting, and implement another way of attacking the bag-manufacture problem (remember, removing the bag-manu problem is just my opinion, not an official dev target). But Derin, if you want to be taken seriously, why not post a more balanced post, listing down all the pros and cons, instead of just championing one side of the affair? Consider it from all angles, dispassionately, and in as much detail as possible.

-Lyn-

Edited by Lyanna

Actually bags are *required* to make needed quantity of items.

Well, check out my stats... :-)

I *never* use bags for metal bars and essences, so don't have problems with my "mass production". Anyway, i don't understand, why does it needed to teleport to monster maps? Experienced player can easily handle with it (MM perk or cape), and only, who got "repressed" - newbies, collecting flowers for their first tutorial quest.

What I'm against is really the technique that most players use of dropping items or ingredients in bags during manu, since that again promotes mass-manufacturing.

I assume you are talking about alchemy here. First of all you have to define 'mass' what is 'mass' in production? Making 200 health essences or 400 health essences (for example), is that mass production? Well, in my opinion, it depends on what the things are used for. While figthing one could easily use 400 health ess in 1 hour, so in that case, 400 health ess isn't much.

Speaking of Manufacturing...

Say that you want to make a titanium steel longsword.... for that you need 1 enriched fire essence, the chance of making 1 efe is 1/10 000. basically this means that you have to make 10 000 fire essneces to get the efe you wanted in the first place. Is that 'mass'-production? Yes and No, if the entire purpose is to get 1 efe, all you do is producing a lot of bi-products to that efe. Should you be penalized for that by teleporting away every 5 min? Is that fair?

But Derin, if you want to be taken seriously, why not post a more balanced post, listing down all the pros and cons, instead of just championing one side of the affair?

I think I could say the same to you....

I'm looking at the 'fun'-part of the game, and simply, being teleported isn't fun, I don't know how to explain better than that. The other events while harvesting are ok, just not the teleporting stuff.

cute teh banned 0n3na, realy cute. dont forget that i have been following this game from the very begining, and i know what was the intention of many of the features over what perverted ways people use them now.

bag where never thought of as a secondary storage for raw materials. it was designed as a item drop of stuff you no longer needed and so on.

allso, what makes you think i have not played the game in a year? im in there atleast ones a week. im a casual gamer however, i dont go fanatic about something like a game. even less so if a game is beta. i dont see this game a competition to gain the highest stats, the most gold or the best gear. im here for the social interaction with maybe a bit of gameing on top.

if your sitting at the same spot makeing essence after essence or bar after bar and then have the nerve to ask for a more fun game i say that you should get of your virtual but some more. its not the developers fault that you have choosen the most noninteractive job in the whole game.

again i state that if you hit a teleport nexus and you have stuff on the ground then its free to grab, no ifs, buts, or anything like that. your kind is exploiting a game feature side-effect and pay the price for that risk.

you keep reminding me of a spoiled kid teh banned 0n3na...

teh banned 0n3na, with all due respect, Duran is right. If you dont want to loose something, dont put it in a bag, you'll here a lot of people say that, including the developers. I manage to alch or manu fine by keeping the ingredients in my inv, and if i need to bag anything, its items such as fruit and flowers that i bag, Certainly NOT the major ingredients.

I suggest respecting other's views and not lashing out. Who would you blame if you didnt teleport, but your bag just 'poofed' because of someone bag spamming?....

Guest Baltar

This random teleport and "fatal" random events is really ruining the game for me. I have only been playing for 4 days and I am already tired of this. I have been teleported next to a monster twice (and killed both times). Today I logged on and started harvesting food, before I had gotten any food, I was teleported (fortunately on the same map). I returned to the food and started harvesting again; this time I got 3 veggies before I was teleported again. Come on guys!! Harvesting is an essential part of the game!!! We HAVE to do it so why are you punishing us for doing it!?!

The thing that has really pissed me off is the "random" events. I can handle the bee stings and the Mother Nature ones. My problem is the Instantly FATAL events. In 4 days I have been killed twice ("Birth certificate expired" and "Gone the way of the Goldfish"); both time i have lost all armor, weapons, money and most of what I was carrying and sent to hell. I know struggling to survive and progress is part of the game, but, these random killings have got to stop or it will turn people off from playing this game. :unsure:

I, on the other hand, disagree with duran completely! Just because the Bags were added simply as a method of deposing of useless materials does not mean that it couldn't and shouldn't be used as in the most productive ways available to players! I mean, this is like complaining that Newbies can make money off of Selling Flowers at the Flower Shop or that Players can manufacture at Raven! It’s there, it doesn’t Hurt anybody or the game, and it supplies players with a means to function in a way to make up for their weaknesses in other areas so why the hell shouldn’t we? I mean, if your hands are full and you need to use one hand to do something, of course you’ll drop something with the intention of picking it back up once you’re finished.

Also, When I Mentioned that it profits Bag-Jumpers, you completely took that statement out of context! I didn’t mean that the Teleport hurts Bag-Producers! I literally meant that it’s only benefit is that Bag-Jumpers are the only ones who gains anything from the Event and that the game shouldn’t be based on just waiting around Harvesting Hot-Spots, waiting to pounce on someone daring enough to drop a bag or get hit by a Event, which is where the game currently is heading!

As For Bag-Producing, Being Teleported isn’t what hurts us all that much. Any Smart Producer knows to account for that random chance and make adjustments for it. We know to never drop anything that we could possibly risk losing. Usually this would be Food or maybe just a little something to give us that extra space in our Inventory so we can actually do anything! Other then that, we accept the fact that what we leave behind is there for the taking so we never leave anything that is worth that much and doesn’t set us back to lose it.

So, random Teleports don’t hurt Bag-Producers very much at all since we all have our little ways around that. It does on the other hand, ruins the day for any Mass-Harvester who barely walks in the door before being shot across the continent with but a single ore to show his or her trek across Desert Pines!

And forgive my Rudeness but I just don’t think you fully understand the Ebb and Flow of this game enough to understand where we are coming from! Just casually logging in every week or so doesn't give you a proper perspective on the life and community occuring in the game so I don’t think you have all that much credit as to say what is or is not reasonable or what the Developers did or did not have planned for the game! And I don’t care what you’ve had to say or do with the game a year ago. This game as it is today and That Game a Year ago are very much different from one another and sometimes player much improvise with some of the features to make up for lack of other features currently not implemented in the game.

It’s you here who reminds me of something but I’m too polite and courteous to say it out load!

Edited by Kami

And forgive my Rudeness but I just don’t think you fully understand the Ebb and Flow of this game enough to understand where we are coming from! Just casually logging in every week or so doesn't give you a proper perspective on the life and community occuring in the game so I don’t think you have all that much credit as to say what is or is not reasonable or what the Developers did or did not have planned for the game! And I don’t care what you’ve had to say or do with the game a year ago. This game as it is today and That Game a Year ago are very much different from one another and sometimes player much improvise with some of the features to make up for lack of other features currently not implemented in the game.

If this is at Circeo, list of said developers:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/index.php?content=developers

4th from the top. I think he knows what is intended.

freeone3000 Always does that...

Edited by freeone3000

Oh, no, no no! Cicero just posted his before I could post mine! If it wasn't clear, all of that was towards duran, with some few broader implications!