Roja

El Music!

[Windows]

To turn on the music you'll need go in to Program Files\Eternal Lands

and find EL config.exe open it

and go to the audio tab

and check the box that says sound and music enabled

[Linux]

Linux ueser need To turn on the music you'll need go in to Program Files\Eternal Lands to go to el.ini scrolldown untill they find #nomusic=1 change 1 to 0 and save your music will work if doen't then let me know so I can give you more help

crap,you mean i was suppost to save music.zip in my EL folder then unzip it?cause i clicked open when i downloaded it then i extracted them into the el folder (yes it made a music folder and no no other folders are in it)

EDIT:YES!!!!SOUND!!!!IM IN EL HEAVEN!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!! :P

EDIT x 2:Well i just edited all my pll files with 1 100 and now no music plays at all

EDIT x 3:Well i just reunzipped and not messed with the files and the music now plays all the time but it skips alot which is kinda annoying and i wish there was a game setting to let you lower the volume of the music,i mean its loud!

EDIT x 4:Well i think im gonna turn it off because it freezes and slows my computer down waaay to much

Edited by Buuhan1

i wish there was a game setting to let you lower the volume of the music,i mean its loud!

Most PC speakers have a button called "volume", try turning that one down a bit :P

i wish there was a game setting to let you lower the volume of the music,i mean its loud!

Most PC speakers have a button called "volume", try turning that one down a bit :P

harde har har,i did do that to the point i couldn't hear anything else exacpt the music

hahahaha :lol:

okay this is going to sound noobish....i downloaded the files, created the music folder, and i kinda understand what u guys are talking about, but could someone do an easy walkthrough to help me get this to work?

p.s. i downloaded the file into the "my downloads" folder and then unzipped it into the el folder. and i do not have cvs.

Edited by elvenpyro

ehh im confoozled, mine says

13 13 34 34 0 smokeonallhorizons.ogg

13 13 34 34 1 inthetavern.ogg

61 13 82 33 0 smokeonallhorizons.ogg

61 13 82 33 1 inthetavern.ogg

109 12 125 28 0 smokeonallhorizons.ogg

109 12 125 28 1 inthetavern.ogg

what do i do?

Roja,

I wonder if you could post a pll-package with the correct (as in working) files for people to download. That would save a lot of posts and frustration i think.

ok

1st: elvenpyro, download the zip striaght into your el folder or it wont work,then unzip it *be sure to have "Use folder names" checked and unzip it into your el folder and it will automaticly work*

Second: I tried the entire 1 100 thing and the music don't work,then i just left it with its original numbers and it plays and repeats fine

3rd: If you have a very slow computer do not enable music, cause i just did, my computer froze, i kicked it, i rebooted and it said it could not find a boot device, i opened my tower, reconnected everything i kicked lose, computer back, so take my word for it ;) ,and i have a Dell so this computer is even crappyer

4th: Aitrus, leave the default numbers, don't change em.

5th: but if you still don't have music make sure sound and music is checked in your ELconfig.exe and/or el.ini file in your el folder and the buttons are checked in your tools menu, but if your still out of lock then go right ahead and try the 1 100 changing.

Read the thread - it depends on which version of the client you have.

If you have the current standard downloaded one, or the official patch, then you need to edit the .PLL files. If you have a client based on the current CVS code, either compiled by yourself or someone else, then the .PLL files are correct and don't need changing.

YAY Music! For the 1.0.0 client downloaded from the site, just replace all the numbers preceding the filename with "1 100". Works for me.

So for instance, in the map6nf.pll file, instead of

0 0 383 383 2 portland.ogg

It should be

1 100 portland.ogg

Hope that helps :D

Can someone post a working client for these guys to download and use the new playlists instead?

Certainly. Here's one from CVS (2?) days ago (I'll update later).

http://www.freewebs.com/theironguard/elc/EL-Client.exe

Edit: Here it is. Just compiled it. (You should unzip this in the EL folder _after_ you've installed the above one, since it has all of the dependencies.)

http://www.freewebs.com/theironguard/elc/EL-Client-CVS.zip

Edited by crusadingknight

whats the defference between the CVS version and the one you download from eternal-lands.com?

Can someone post a working client for these guys to download and use the new playlists instead?

Certainly. Here's one from CVS (2?) days ago (I'll update later).

http://www.freewebs.com/theironguard/elc/EL-Client.exe

Edit: Here it is. Just compiled it. (You should unzip this in the EL folder _after_ you've installed the above one, since it has all of the dependencies.)

http://www.freewebs.com/theironguard/elc/EL-Client-CVS.zip

Doesn't work for me. I use WinXP Pro.

libxml2.dll seems to be the problem

Edit: turned out that it was the file zlib1.dll that was missing

Edited by Derin

whats the defference between the CVS version and the one you download from eternal-lands.com?

The diffrence is this one is not official yet, and patches can be applied to this one. Patches are in this forum.

Nah, the CVS one "might" be unstable.

Anyway, I zipped all the playlist files that I edited. It makes the music work for the client 1.0.0, which is downloaded from the site.

http://dev.definedworks.org/misc/pllfiles.zip

Unzip location should be exactly as is below:

C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\music

When prompted to overwrite files, click on Yes (or Yes To All which applies to all the files).

Edited by liquidAir

Actually, it's more stable than 1.0

Actually, it's more stable than 1.0

_might_ - Perhaps we messed up one day, then that CVS version would be unstable ;-)

i downloaded www.audio-converter.com and converted a mp3 song to ogg and had it convert and save it right into the el music folder, and then edited one of the maps to play it, well it doesn't instead when i enter that map the music option is automaticly disabled and when i go back into a defferent map its back...

edit: i fixed it, i just renamed the song to portland

Edited by Buuhan1