Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cicero

Testing New Formula

I'm testing a new formula (and still tweaking it). If you would like to test, please post feedback like so:

Your harvest level

What you're trying to harvest (and its level, just for convenience)

Approx amount of time it takes you to harvest it

To test, please sign on to the test server. Change the server port in el.ini to port 2001 (and change it back to 2000 when you're done).

quickley tested it, i started to get my harvesting level up by harvesting red snap dragons and it seems to be close to the old system. currently harvesting vegies at lvl 6. it takes about 40 seconds per vegtable which is quite resonable.

could you give us testers increased levels so we can test the effects a little better on higher levels?

Guest Mariah

I tested it quickly too but was gaining harvesting lvls quickly and at about lvl 5-6 harv was getting one flower per sec..i like it! :lol:

ok tested it with level 59 harvest and although its not brilliant it is much more bearable than what we have now, i was able to harvest coal, iron ore and silver ore about every second.

yeah Cicero,

Thats totally it, was much better testing it with my own stats, easy to compare :)

I'ld say change it allready, start using it :)

[Edit]: btw, here are my results:

Harvest Level = 25

Silver (recommended lvl 24): 3 seconds

Fruits (recommended lvl 18): 2 seconds

This seems quite allright to me, better then now, silver takes me atleast 15 seconds at lvl 26 now, so I love it :huh:

Greetz,

Salem

Edited by Salem

ok, now harvesting tit ore is acceptable, it takes 4 seconds at lvl 54, which is an acceptable compromise.

when testing mining gold ore it takes around 4 seconds also. finally vegegables take 1 second.

I think this is good enough to be put on the main server, it might get a fiew complaints for being a little too much time, but overall it is an acceptable compromise in harvesting time.

by the way, wich formula is it useing??

This new formula seems to be much more reasonable. Now just need to tweak a few other things and perhaps add some more positive notes to this update and everyone will be happy.

Yes! I love this new formula....it's not too great for the newbs...but now when I got to harvest I harvest vegies like one every 1 or 2 secounds...instead of tghe one every minute! yay! i like this formula :(

Lyanna

Level 36 Harvest

Red Snapdragons (level 0)

Time for 50 harvests #1: 51 seconds

Time for 50 harvests #2: 51 seconds

Time for 50 harvests #3: 52 seconds

Time on average: 51 seconds

Time per harvest: 1020 ms

Red Roses (level 6)

Time for 50 harvests #1: 53 seconds

Time for 50 harvests #2: 54 seconds

Time for 50 harvests #3: 53 seconds

Time on average: 53 seconds.

Time per harvest: 1060 ms

Swamp Candles (level 11)

Time for 50 harvests #1: 50 seconds

Time for 50 harvests #2: 55 seconds

Time for 50 harvests #3: 51 seconds

Time on average: 52 seconds

Time per harvest: 1040 ms

Quartz (level 16)

Time for 50 harvests #1: 104 seconds

Time for 50 harvests #2: 105 seconds

Time for 50 harvests #3: 105 seconds

Time on average: 105 seconds

Time per harvest: 2100 ms

Vegetables (level 20)

Time for 50 harvests #1: 105 seconds

Time for 50 harvests #2: 105 seconds

Time for 50 harvests #3: 104 seconds

Time on average: 105 seconds

Time per harvest: 2100 ms

Silver Ore (level 24)

Time for 50 harvests #1: 108 seconds

Time for 50 harvests #2: 107 seconds

Time for 50 harvests #3: 105 seconds

Time on average: 107 seconds

Time per harvest: 2140 ms

Gold Ore (level 32)

Time for 50 harvests #1: 163 seconds

Time for 50 harvests #2: 157 seconds

Time for 50 harvests #3: 167 seconds

Time on average: 162 seconds

Time per harvest: 3240 ms

Emeralds (level 37)

Time for 50 harvests #1: 167 seconds

Time for 50 harvests #2: 162 seconds

Time for 50 harvests #3: 170 seconds

Time on average: 167 seconds

Time per harvest: 3340 ms

Diamonds (level 40)

Time for 50 harvests #1: 356 seconds

Time for 50 harvests #2: 370 seconds

Time for 50 harvests #3: 380 seconds

Time on average: 369 seconds

Time per harvest: 7373 ms

*Note: By 50 harvests, I mean 50 successful harvests. That's why there is greater fluctuation in the higher-level materials.

*Note 2: I noticed that sometimes the harvested amount goes up randomly - either 1 or 2 items per harvest. Is that deliberate, a bug, or just my latency?

*Note 3: There are occasionally still random stopping of harvesting, with no harvesting event message. Is it deliberate?

*Note 4: We're going to need more detailed reports from lower-level as well as higher-level harvesters...

-Lyn-

Edited by Lyanna

Only thing I can are gems. And I am going to test it now.

EDIT: Not acceptable for me. Still too slow, one sapphire every 4 seconds at level 59. Evil. Harvesting

is only idiotic looking till you inventory will fill up, it has to be FAST to not bore people to death and not

ruin game play.

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

Gave test server a go... and love it :D

35 harvest 35 alchemy no excavator cape or perk

play server

silver ore 1 every 8 secs

creating HE 3 secs

test server

silver ore 1 every 2 secs

creating HE 4 secs

does the time taken to create essences decrease as alchemy level gets higher above reccomended level or will that remain constant?

Edited by Catweasel

forgot to mension could we have the auto harvest atleast continue while you talk. this is a big step back for a lot of us, as we can sit and harvest while talking, and helping n00bies on chanel 1. it becomes a pain haveing to restart harvesting after each thing you say or do

Well I don't know why you can't sit, eat or even more a little, and if wall mother nature gets pissed off on

you, you stop harvesting too. Or usually it just stops without any reason without further notice.

Regards.

Well I don't know why you can't sit, eat or even more a little, and if wall mother nature gets pissed off on

you, you stop harvesting too. Or usually it just stops without any reason without further notice.

Regards.

forgot to mension could we have the auto harvest atleast continue while you talk. this is a big step back for a lot of us, as we can sit and harvest while talking, and helping n00bies on chanel 1. it becomes a pain haveing to restart harvesting after each thing you say or do

Noticed on test server you could still walk and make essence something fundamentally harder than eating while you harvest or talking :D

teh banned 0n3na, sorry but i must say this:

you sound like a spoild child that wants anything it can point at and wants it NOW.

where is the fun in that?

---

as for other stuff, talking should be allowed while harvesting. alltho i guess that right now the new harvesting code basicly stops whenever a new command comes from the client. if so then it can probably be fixed in the future.

eating while harvesting im not to sure about,alltho it seems reasonable to allow people to eat while working. dropping something to the ground however should stop you from harvesting.

walking and makeing essences, hmm. should be that progress is only made while standing or sitting. however you should not start over after moveing. this way sitting (with sit lock) have a meaning...

Only thing I can are gems. And I am going to test it now.

EDIT: Not acceptable for me. Still too slow, one sapphire every 4 seconds at level 59. Evil. Harvesting

is only idiotic looking till you inventory will fill up, it has to be FAST to not bore people to death and not

ruin game play.

Regards.

Hmm. May be they changed something since yuo posted but I also tried sapphires and it was not that bad - I think may be about every 1.5-2 seconds.

I have harvesting 42 and tried titanium, sapphires, quartz, tiger lilies, and diamonds.

titanium and sapphires were a bit slower then with old system

quartz - about the same speed

tiger lilies - i think it was faster than before

diamonds - it feels slower, but hard to tell exactly since it could be caused by relatively frequent failures.

teh banned 0n3na, sorry but i must say this:

you sound like a spoild child that wants anything it can point at and wants it NOW.

where is the fun in that?

I understand her very well. The game supposed to be fun, and I don't see much fun in sitting, looking at nonmoving screen and waiting until you inventory fills up. Still, it would probably require radical changes to the game to take care of that.