Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kdpadua

Harvesting

Should the harvesting speed be increased?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Should the harvesting speed be increased?

• yes
    • no

I think it should totaly be removed

Oh yeah and everybody who already lvl'd alch owns the battlefield now and the ones who didn't and have to do it now will never catch up with them. I'm talking about P/C

Edited by Dorplein

I may be the only one... but I like it the way it is :unsure:

Me too. I hate, when items almost worth nothing, because it was too easy to make them in very big amounts.

Yes, this is a pain. 13 veggies in 1 minute kinda sucks. However, I think this change will help out alot in the long run. Yeah, I'd like to see it faster, but at least you have autoharv built into the client now.

I know there are some/many who hate it, but I kinda like it. Makes the harvest skill more meaningful.

Aelric

I am not sure of the autoharvesting itself wasn't the crash cause (not that i want/care/need to know, but since it was implemented the whole game went from slow to slowest). So i voted YES, but if the above it's true, it will only cause more problems...

Edited by shanga

well i also think harvest should be increased...

but only in porputions....

like flowers fast and like tit or gold slower

cause irl its harder to mine...

and manu is annoying slow

:(

--SWBM :P

To mine minerals IRL you have to:

- Find a right place on rock to hit.

- Raise your pickaxe to take a speed, pickaxe is heavy so especially for female or a child it takes effort.

- Bend down.

- Hit.

- If you success and piece of ore will be taken it will not autojump to your bag like in game, you have to

pick it up.

- If piece of ore is too big or too heavy you have to hit it several times again before you can put it in your

bag.

- You get tired, mining is a hard work.

To harvest vegetals:

- Bend down.

- Grab flowers in some proper location to not damage it.

- Pull.

- Put in the bag.

Sometimes flowers has fibrous stalks - then pulling takes more stengh, effort and time unless you have a

knife, sometimes they are bushed so you need a small axe to cut them, sometimes they have spikes so

you need gloves or you have to very carefully find a location.

So it is smegging Captain Obvious that you need damn more time IRL to harvest.

To harvest in game:

- You have to click.

- You have to look like a sheep or an idiot on your screen and wait for your inventory to fill up.

*hint* *hint* dear developers.

Regards.

hey, why don't we make it so that those who mine a lot get cancer and die? Seriously, its an mmorpg, some degree of realism is nice, but you can take it too far...

hey, why don't we make it so that those who mine a lot get cancer and die? Seriously, its an mmorpg, some degree of realism is nice, but you can take it too far...

Yeah dying on cancer is extremely funny. Ha ha ha. There should be some skill named: Cancer dying perfection. At level 10 you can write a testament.

Regards.

Of course everyone is going to Vote Yes here, they all want the easy unbalanced Chaotic version of EL again...

NeoSeS

If everyone wants it...why not do it???

This change is better in long term but most people don't see that.

Of course everyone is going to Vote Yes here, they all want the easy unbalanced Chaotic version of EL again...

NeoSeS

do you think this game is more balanced now?

balancing != making harder and more annoying.

There are different ways to balance game, I posted my suggestions in another thread.

BTW, what exactly was so unbalanced - I hear about it all the time, but I cant figure it out.

do you think this game is more balanced now?

balancing != making harder and more annoying.

There are different ways to balance game

I dang agree.

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

I think harvesting should be FUN. I think it would be cool if it were some sort of mini-game. To all people *cough* Wolf_lord *cough* who think more time makes harvesting a challenge and not a chore, here are some definitions for you:

Challenge: A test of one's abilities or resources in a demanding but stimulating undertaking: a career that offers a challenge. (How is clicking once a test of one's abilities? In fact, how is click repeditively on one spot a test of one's abilities?)

Chore: An unpleasant or burdensome task. (Does this sound familiar in any way?)

So, I believe that the harvesting system closer matches the chore definition than the challenge one, but I'll let you decide.

Well,

It's quite obvious the speed ruins our gameplay.

I am "Special Ranks" officer from my guild, I need to have atleast 3 misc skills above 20.

With this latest update, all i can train is harvest, because by the time you are at your harvest max for that hour, the next hour is close, so no time left to go fighting or whatever.

This way I'll never become what I wanted to become, I haven't logged in today yet, I'm about to check if anything changed.

I really do hope something did, cuz I can NOT play like this at all !

Greetz,

Salem

This is an mmorpg, not a collection of random minigames. MMORPGs such as this, UO, EQ, WoW, DaoC and thousands other are not supposed to be 5 minute affairs for you to play with you're little pals, they have an average player age of around 20-25, and are populated mainly by hardcore and serious gamers. If you don't like working hard in an mmorpg, mmorpgs are clearly not the game for you. Stop moaning about it and go back to playing "Street Fighterz 47" or whatever on your PlayStation :P

That's the point, us real gamers can stick to playing proper games on the pc, while the little kiddies can go play with their consoles. Unless that's too advanced for them.

I might have a trainset in the back of my cupboard somewhere, maybe that'd entertain Shadow fire? I'd probably have to set it up for him though, otherwise he might have to do too much hard work :P