Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wolf_Lord

New Update Rokcs!

OMG NEO!!! thats all well and good if ur DonPedro, and have 88/88 a/d but, it makes it harder for the rest, so in other words, congrats to Don and the rest of the top 10 fighters you will always be top 10...

DonPedro has worked hard for his levels and I doubt anyone will really be catch up any time soon. The only time warriors have an advantage is when you go into a pk map anyway, they now need to pay higher prices for the items you are making so they can continue to train there skills. Players who have the most time on there hands still have an advantage, nothing has changed really in that regards.

Very good story. The point is that the harvesting is so slow now that most people (especially newbies) will not be able to achieve anything in the game without completely giving up on real life duties. How many lilacs do you need to harvest to be able to buy anything worthy. And how many days must be spent to gather needed amount of them? And of course I don't see much fun in looking at the non-moving screen while it performs autoharvesting + going to storage or shop from time to time.

Lilac harvesting time is the same as always or if not exactly the same pretty darn close. Go to VOTD there's a flower shop right there nice and easy for you. Try talking to some friends while you harvest your flowers or make some new ones, that's all part of the fun of EL. Needing to spend extra time gathering needed items is part of the balancing out of EL... it really dose make since in a way if you think about it.

Oh came on i'm in top 10 and i dont like it. It would be impossible for me to get money for pots and ess becouse prices will grow up

of course i can do it by myself but i will make 100 he and 30 pots in hour or more and i will use all of it in 10-20 minutes

Yes this is exactly the point, Everyone needs to work harder and warriors no longer have a complete advantage and Newbies will not have the best armor or weapons right off the bat... Hmm I don't really see a problem here unless your Lazy.

It's starting to look like Hell

Last time I checked you couldn't harvest in Hell <_< So I don't know what your talking about here as far as the new update is concerned.

NeoSeS

The main reason I play games....is to escape from RL, to escape from this fucked up world we live in. So why change EL into that world?

This also scares of a lot of newbies, why would they play a game that takes hours to do something or make something...when in the end you just fail 50% of the time?

I already have a lot of things to do and hardly any time for EL, maybe it's best to just quit...or only chat...EL right now is more like a graphical chatroom for me then a game to achieve something in.

I hope this gets changed back or altered...

The main reason I play games....is to escape from RL, to escape from this fucked up world we live in. So why change EL into that world?

This also scares of a lot of newbies, why would they play a game that takes hours to do something or make something...when in the end you just fail 50% of the time?

I already have a lot of things to do and hardly any time for EL, maybe it's best to just quit...or only chat...EL right now is more like a graphical chatroom for me then a game to achieve something in.

I know all about having lot's of things to do trust me, EL is a fun place for me to escape as well, but I play becuase I enjoy the game not because I want to be the best in it. Newbies won't be scared at all, they won't know any diffrent so...

I hope this gets changed back or altered...

As you can see I truely hope not, of course that never mattered in the past.

While I thank you for the serious and well thought out responce (sensible discusion on mmorpg boards is all too rare :P ), I must disagree:

The point I was making wasn't about expense, it was about time: I could make say, 30k exp per hour harvesting and alching in the mine, with my gf helping bring fruit etc. Combat at a similar level for her, in the mine with the goblins, was getting roughly the same ammount of experience, maybe slightly less.

Now, I'll be lucky to make 15k per hour, while fighters will still be making 25k-30k (and remember, their exp per hour goes up as they reach harder mobs, I'm making HE which is about the fastest exp I can make sustainably with alchemy). This means, if I want overall levels and pickpoints (vital as I'm sure you realise), I'm really gonna be stuffed using alchemy to get them, I'm going to NEED to use combat if I want to really raise my OA at any kind of speed. The changes, basically, SLOW leveling for most players. While combat might be slightly more expensive, it will still remain basically profitable, so the warriors will just be making less money. However, they will still be leveling up, and when they reach high levels far before I do, they'll be the ones killing fluffy/dragons/whatever the future holds for vast exp and amazing weapons, while I'll still be struggling to make 60 out of 100 titanium/mythril/whatever bars without failing, making far less from it too. (I am of course assuming higher level items will be added, but really, I have to assume that - if there's never any need for anything above titanium, there'll never be a point getting my alchemy level over around 50).

The update might not screw up my profit, but I care about EXP, and that, that's going to be my problem.

Now, I'll be lucky to make 15k per hour, while fighters will still be making 25k-30k

This is not so, because they will have to work at other things and train other skills to make the money to buy the items for there training. Once the surplus of supplies in EL Drops and everything becomes more Expensive the Fighters will suffer as much as anyone.

it(Figthing) will still remain basically profitable, so the warriors will just be making less money

I said Earlier for a more overall Balance monster drops should be lowered as well. Money is to easy to get in the game or was up until now, if they lower the monster drops in gold, weapons and rare items such as books then you will see a more balanced EL. High level fighters still have an advantage, but they to will need supplies also and once they spend there stockpiled supplies they will be buying supplies just like everyone else so the harvesters alchemisers will still be making decent money for there work. *Degradable Weapons* This was perhaps the most intricate implementation in the game as now the number of GOOD weapons in the game will drop and the supplies needed for them will skyrocket.

The update might not screw up my profit, but I care about EXP, and that, that's going to be my problem.

Yes there you have a valid point experience and item value have both become much more difficult to obtain and increase so but it effects everyone equally, so there is the Balance.

NeoSeS

Well, your second point misses that monster drops can more than cover the cost of fighting - my friend kills goblins in leather armour with no weapons, it's better experience anyway. Fighting is still basically profitable. Anyway, you appear to agree here that SOME kind of change is needing, yes, nerfing fighting to even it out is also a posibility

Lastly, it doesn't affect us all equally - currently fighters have an advantage, and if that's made harder too, then in every skill, someone with a high level has the HUGE advantage over a new player, as the new player need to put in twice as much work as they do to actually get the level they got in the time pre-update...

omeone with a high level has the HUGE advantage over a new player
Yes you are correct the players with high levels have an advantage now, but the new players will have a chance to catch up to them with a bit of hard work as you can only do so much now in the game before you have to stop to make money. I'll edit this post later I have to go now. I'll return later after work and continue arguning the points with you all at that time.

NeoSeS

Okay I'm back let the fun begin...

it doesn't affect us all equally

Considering that the update went to everyone and not just certain people it certainly dose effect us all evenly. Now you won't see it at the start, but in time you will see the effects taking over all of EL. Once players stores of surplus supplies are diminished from damaging, dieing and just plain natural using up of all the surplus the prices will rise, forcing people to work harder in general. Warriors will have to find ways to get money once there supplies of Health essences and such have run out. Manufactures will have people working harder than ever to create EFE's for there higher priced items. Charecters will no longer have the best weapons and armor right off the bat. Harvesters will be getting paid more for there work and the most importan reason that this effects us all evenly is that the most fundemental way of making money is still in place and as prices will be increasing the ways of making money have stayed the same so in order to achieve goals people will all have to work harder. Warriors will have to spend a little time harvesting to get the supplies and or money to make the items they want and need to use to make there required supplies. Manufactures will have to work harder and longer at there craft to be able to creat the items they wish to sell.... the whole way around it will defietly add longevity and life to the game as well as a certain level of balance to it all as well.

NeoSeS

Hey numnuts get the drift not everyone plays alot of hours..one being my brother daughter and nephew... this just ruined it for all of them ok so take your measly noob but and relive what part of el you have never seen... the old server and yes your official name is numnuts to all that see you

yeah wolf, i am definently with rya, not all of us have 500 hours. You probably aren't working, and you want the game to be harder. Who the hell do you think you are? game and hard are not suppsoed to relate, games are past time activities, baseball i play for fun not because i want it to be hard. You must have less a life then me, all my extra free time is on the computer, but you... you want to work? what the hell is your problem. Half my guild quit because they're only on half an hour a day, and you encourage it?

Rya I have no idea why you of all people would quit and or complain about this new update. You have acheived greatness in a state of EL that was simple and easy to level up, alls you had to do was have a lot of time and pacience on your hands and there you go 1000 EMU high level Warrior skilled player extroidare. Players who have a lot of time on there hands have always and will continue to have an advantage in the game, the ones with less time suffer no more of a disadvantage than any other set of players that has less time than another set of players.

9+ hours a day, has a major advantage over anyone playing less than them...

8 Hours a day uber player potetnial

6 hours a day slightly less uber potential

4 hours a day average player potential

2 hours a day.... Has a disadvantage to everyone playing more than them.

In stead of leavig why don't you stay and gather the supplies for your brother daughter and nephew so that when they do decide to play they don't feel so much of a disadvantage at playing less time <_<

Numnuts hmm I guess that all the people who I help in the game, train in the game, supply entertainment for in the game and such will all be calling my by my new name now. I haven't personaly attacked anyone in this argument why do you so chose to do so now?

I have contributed much to EL in many diffrent forms, perhaps if I hadn't bothered being my extroverted, generous servential self I may even have had uber stats not nearly as close to yourself but better than what I'm at now most definelty, but instead I give of myself in the game, I argue proficently for somethign I belive in and you have to insult me for nothing other than your own anger and stupidity... I'll wait to the next post from someone less abuseive who can argue points and not insults. Insulting is fun, here's a good one for you "Sir_Quiter" I think that should be your new name. You come upon something that makes your life difficult and you up and quit instead of trying to come up with some way of bringing balance to it or finding another way to enjoy the game. You have acomplished more in the game than most and yet you would leave instead of trying to futher your greatness through perserverity, inginuity and Evoluting of your charcter. SO here you go my final fare well to you

Numbnuts: Bye Sir_Quiter

Sir_Quiter: By Numbnuts

Sir_Quiter: Enough already I'm leaving, I quit...

NeoSeS er um I mean Numbnuts....

yeah wolf, i am definently with rya, not all of us have 500 hours.

I wish I had that much time... I spend almost as much time on the forums as I do playing the game. When I'm in the game I don't work towards my own advancement, but the advancement of my friends and Guildmates. I've achieved all I ever needed too to be happy in EL and Now I'm a teacher in the game and I host Quests and do all sorts of other things. I'm just not selfish, ignorant or self centered. The game is most definetly more balanced now and yes it made the game harder but that gave longevity to it as well. You can't be the uberest player over night anymore and that is what pisses people off more than anything.

You probably aren't working

I work 45+ hours a week, raise a son and Support and enjoy my family... I work as hard in real life as some of you do in the game...

and you want the game to be harder

I want the game to be fair and have longevity. I also want World Peace, seems whenever you go against the grain you get smeg for it.

Who the hell do you think you are?

I do not hide who I am in any way, you know me and you know just what kind of person I am, read this entire post and tell me that you can't figure out who the hell I think I am.

Game and hard are not suppsoed to relate, games are past time activities, baseball i play for fun not because i want it to be hard. You must have less a life then me, all my extra free time is on the computer, but you... you want to work? what the hell is your problem.

In Baseball if you defeat a supperior team *Which is more difficult* it is more rewarding than if you defeat a team that is no where near your equal. Now that EL has become more difficult it has also become more rewarding at the same time.

Half my guild quit because they're only on half an hour a day, and you encourage it? 

What is the point of playing EL for only a half an hour a day. I spend that much time just saying my hello's and good bye's. I have a life inside the game and that is what I enjoy about it, I have friends, rivalries. I play EL to get a break from real life and I enjoy it. Things that in my eyes make it better make it more enjoyable.. SO yes I encourage it.

NeoSeS

im with wolf-lord on this. a rpg isnt something you just spend a hour or so on pr day and expect to go up 5-10 levels of skill (not unless your into diablo and similar).

rpgs take time to play. and online ones like these should have a economy where one have to trade with other players to get what one needs. right now the fighters dont have to do that and therefor they jump ahead of the rest. simple solution? remove the weapon and armor drops.

to fix something one should not boost the ability of the others as much as restrict the growth of the ones ahead (alltho to much of that and well people start to complain as it cuts into their habbits and patterns).

allso, harvesting is the odd boy out of the non-combat skills. its one where you dont need anything other then time. therefor entropy introduced the exp limit. but people got around that by useing autoclickers and macros.

now however the autoclicker is part of the server and can therefor be used to control the growth of the harvesting skill. this can be done by slowing down ones rate of harvest when trying to harvest something difficult, heavy or some other factor.

i have allways hated the fact that in this game everything have been a one second job. makeing something should never be a 1-click experience. it should take time. time taken is that sets the value of a item as you either take the time to do it yourself or you pay someone for the time they spend to do it for you.

im with wolf-lord on this

Finaly I was starting to feel all alone here.

i have allways hated the fact that in this game everything have been a one second job. makeing something should never be a 1-click experience. it should take time. time taken is that sets the value of a item as you either take the time to do it yourself or you pay someone for the time they spend to do it for you.

Exactly, perfectly put Duran.

NeoSeS

Lilac harvesting time is the same as always or if not exactly the same pretty darn close. Go to VOTD there's a flower shop right there nice and easy for you.  Try talking to some friends while you harvest your flowers or make some new ones, that's all part of the fun of EL. Needing to spend extra time gathering needed items is part of the balancing out of EL... it really dose make since in a way if you think about it.

Harv time it twice long, so it seems that you are a fighter, imagine that I tell you to go kill rabbits to keep playing.... Yes, it will balance the game..we all become fighters.

Yes this is exactly the point, Everyone needs to work harder and warriors no longer have a complete advantage and Newbies will not have the best armor or weapons right off the bat... Hmm I don't really see a problem here unless your Lazy.

Maybe, but there will be no noobs to corroborate that. Lazy? hardly... I dont have 20 mins to look at the screen without doing nothing to harv a load of veg to make something. This changes IMO make regular players AFK harvesters.

Edited by lpm

good job wofl you have totally ruined your credibility in my book. The game is meant to be challenging yes, but not to the point of frustration. How can you be rewarded if there is no way to reach that point? Is a reward as great as the loss of a freind? NO!!!!!!

Also rya can paly a lot of the day, but his brother and daughter cannot he is sympathizing those who actually feel teh pain of this update.

good job wofl you have totally ruined your credibility in my book. The game is meant to be challenging yes, but not to the point of frustration. How can you be rewarded if there is no way to reach that point? Is a reward as great as the loss of a freind? NO!!!!!!

Haven't lost any of my friends over this and I have many in the game... Guess mine were more dedicated than yours, or the friendship of there guild members was worth staying around for even if the game now was not... Hmm don't know either way none of them left. I have Managed to harvest a total of almost 3k silver ore in the past couple days since the new update and it may take a little longer, but not a whole heck of a lot longer. Imagine for harvesting for about 3 hours I can now make 3,000 Life essences or 1,500 Health essences. Not to much of an upset there really and I even managed to give about another 1,000 ore away to guild members... Nope I still like the update sorry.

Also rya can paly a lot of the day, but his brother and daughter cannot he is sympathizing those who actually feel teh pain of this update.

Rya also insulted me and said he was quiting, I merely stated that perhaps instead of quiting he should use his skills and attributes to help the members of his family out so they don't feel the effect of the update as much. Games are not suppose to be work, they are suppose to be fair enjoyable and now that the game has longevity and a challenge to it I will be able to play it that much longer before it gets boring to me. But because I see the overall picture and understand what the creators are trying to achieve here I'm getting smeg for it... Okay I'm done now whatever have a great day I'll wait till an actual inteligent and useful post comes along. If you don't like the update, post in the proper area and/or just quit EL, I like it I'm staying and I have given plenty of reasons why it's a good addition to EL, alls everyone else has done is complain that OMFG life just got to difficult I can't get to level 50 with out actualy working for it now, but I'm the bad Guy....

NeoSeS

BTW

good job wofl you have totally ruined your credibility in my book

It's Wolf not wofl(Since when did I become Breakfast), or you can call me NeoSeS or you could just have called me Numbnuts as Rya did, but I don't really care about being in the book considering given all the obvios bad spelling and grammer you are probably the only on that can understand it anyway...

SINCE I LIKE IT, IT's GONNA GET Changed anyway that's what always happens.

See I told you so... :P No one had anything to worry about. If I like it, it gets changed, just the way it always has been and always will be. *Sighs* Life goes on and I'm still playing EL, but I just wanted to say "I Told you so" you all had nothing to worry about.

Catch you all later and Rokc On as always in the Land of EL.

NeoSeS

wolf, u may like it, lots of people may like it, but do u honestly believe tht just because a hand full of people like it, it's fair. if you do, take a reality check.

yea, some things are more balanced, but, wot if the lovely chain gets broken, and no1 wants to pay the harvesters, or the manuer's and want to do it themself, then u just took some1's complete enjoyment out of the game, just because YOU find it fair and nice, doesn't mean we all do, and you don't have to argue it so much, you have your opinion, we have ours, and quite frankly neither of the two sides of the arguement give a fuck about the other, and THT my friend, is real life, stop prostesting, and go play.........

Edited by simma

wolf, u may like it, lots of people may like it, but do u honestly believe tht just because a hand full of people like it, it's fair. if you do, take a reality check.

yea, some things are more balanced, but, wot if the lovely chain gets broken, and no1 wants to pay the harvesters, or the manuer's and want to do it themself, then u just took some1's complete enjoyment out of the game, just because YOU find it fair and nice, doesn't mean we all do, and you don't have to argue it so much, you have your opinion, we have ours, and quite frankly neither of the two sides of the arguement give a fuck about the other, and THT my friend, is real life, stop prostesting, and go play.........

Hmm wonders where the heck that came from. Alls I did was reiterate the orignal reason for the post. I specificaly stated and I quote

SINCE I LIKE IT, IT's GONNA GET Changed anyway that's what always happens.

I told everyone not to worry so much, because I know I'm in the far left or far right as far as the developement goes and as such when I like something all the cry babies and winers in the game don't like it. I just told everyone not to worry about it as I knew it would be changed eventualy anyway :D

So nice being right :P

you don't have to argue it so much

Oh really I being one of the proud few and only people who like the update, don't have to argue three times as much to counteract all the people bitching and complaining about it... that makes no sense. If I can out argue 10 people all on my own as to the good reasons for the update, why shouldn't I when no one else was willing to or felt the same as I do. Besides, I like arguing, I enjoy it and being able to do it n words is fun becuase you can use others words against them and have proof of what they said. Arguing for what I like in the game is just as much fun to me as playing in the game itself and if I managed to convince them to keep some parts of the new update instead of getting rid of the whole thing entirely then I did what I set out to do.

NeoSeS