Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rya

What To Do With Prices

Ok so some people are loaded atm and others are not. Is this gonna be like a stockmarket crash or is this gonna help or hurt prices guys. Sure harder to get the meterials now so prices should go up right? hmmm maybe not. Also it is gonna be way harder to make money so people will be desperate too sell so prices will go down.. hell if i know i just know i am not gonna sit in front of a computer for 30 mins to mine 200 silver ores and make 200 health ess that sell for 600 gp for over and hours work cause u will also need to harvest the flowers, food and then alch them so making just 200 health ess could take all day so are they worth more or less?? help me here figure out which way is up

Being too desperate to sell will decrease the amount on the market, making less avalible, increasing the prices. Everything you have listed has just made the shops invalid, players desperate, and DRASTICALLY increasing cash flow for higher-level items and squashing it for lower-level items.

Please, think of the newbs.

The problem seems to be that it's too hard to harvest/alch/manuf/craft.

It's so much easier to just level up fighting and sell the stuff you don't want and keep the stuff you need.

The way things are going I'll probably just give up on making anything and just fight for rare drops. I'm already losing money big time trying to get my manufacturing up :)

The only solution I see is to make monsters drop less good stuff.

Comments?

the game is getting worse.

Yeah mostly because these developer are more concerned with these macro problems that were always evident in the game. It's funny how people who do not play will change it so illogically and unreasonably. The whole idea is like damn how dumb are you to implement this, it's not that they screwed up that pisses me off. It's that they add this unfun stuff over and over again and do not add anything to the game. I as nilly thought I would be playing this game forever, but now as Volta said upon leaving, I just do not like the way the game is headed. I hope the developers actually add something fun to this game before it dies, I would hate to see their project die so abruptly, but I will leave if proper steps are not taken to keep the fun in and the macro stopping stuff out.

It's a game it's not supposed to be realistic or hard people, it's supposed to be a past time activity. Where you can turn on your puter and play 20 min or an hour or whatever and come out saying whew, that felt good.

It's a game it's not supposed to be realistic or hard people, it's supposed to be a past time activity. Where you can turn on your puter and play 20 min or an hour or whatever and come out saying whew, that felt good.

exactly what a game should be - fun.

most of us have other things in our lives we do other than play el (or any other game) - the whole point of playing a game is to take a break from the hard stuff we do irl.

if a game isn't fun, nobody's gonna play it.

exactly what a game should be - fun.

most of us have other things in our lives we do other than play el (or any other game) - the whole point of playing a game is to take a break from the hard stuff we do irl.

if a game isn't fun, nobody's gonna play it.

that's exactly why i dont' get these people complaining about it being too easy, and such... you guys have no grasp of reality, you have ruined el for the rest of the community, thanks very much.

first of people, define fun. one persons fun is another persons hell...

secondly. the quickest way to fix combat is to remove item drops. basicly no more more armors, shields or weapons dropped by any monster.

this will remove the ability for the fighters to be selfsupplyed and the rest of the gamers suddenly become usefull again.

right now its like playing a singel player game, you only have to rely on yourself for stuff. this should change. but that does not mean adding classes. but what it may mean is that one would have to choose what one wants to do after some time playing. rahter then haveing ready made classes you make your own class as you go about playing. this means restricting the total amount of points spent on nexuses and similar, and allso increaseing the nexus requirements for most things.

i see a lot of people complain over and over about it killing the casual gamers ability to get ahead in the world. well a multiplayer rpg is not a game type that you play for 5 min to half an hour and then come back 2-3 days later and do the same again. atleast not if you expect to keep up with the dedicated player.

most people that hit the high levels in mmorpgs spend maybe 2-4 hours pr day in the game.

so, what do people want? a game where one can kill fluffys and cyclops after 24 hours of gameing or a game where one must spend time to build up ones caracther. not just alone but by interacting with other players for supplyes and other aid?

first of people, define fun. one persons fun is another persons hell...
fun 

n.

1. A source of enjoyment, amusement, or pleasure.

2. Enjoyment; amusement: have fun at the beach.

3. Playful, often noisy, activity.

all i want in an online game is something where i can find cool things, talk to interesting people, fight things when i want to, and if possible make or buy pretty things to wear/use as i need to.

if it takes too long to do anything, and/or you keep getting failed/lose things too much, it is no longer fun - it is tedious.

tedious is not mentioned either in the definition of the word, "fun" nor in the definition of the word, "game".

funny, that.

well, a game should be challenging to should it not?

last time i checked a challenging game was often defined as fun (as long as the player have a sense of achivement or progress).

problem is that right now there is no challenge in any skill besides combat as the only result from a failure is that you have to try again.

so, how can we change that?

as for your list of fun things to do stasia, most of those take time make for the game (graphics, dialog, code), and it all have to be balanced. right now there is to little and what there is are to closely spaced.

and when i asked you to define fun i didnt ask for the dictionary definition of fun but what people was asking for when they said they wanted a more fun game. its simple to ask for things to be more fun or entertaining but at the same time not state what one find fun or entertaining. this however forces the people working on this game to guess what others my find fun. and as i stated in a earlyer post, one mans fun is another mans boredom...

I have so much to say but i dont want it to come out as flames.

The game used to be fun. Alot of us old players come for friends accross the globe with whom we chat with.

I would rather have mothernature kill me than sit for 1hr to get 48 fruit.

I have never heard anyone complain about too many ppl have irons. Or the economy for that matter.

Changing the game is making older players want to leave, and impossible for new players to get a start.

They had a good game the way it was.

oh yea as for prices: Communist community we get our allotted 2 breads 2 gc and 1 wine per day. Make good use of it......

Edited by mdnicegirl

i for one don't have trouble harvesting *remembers all i have harvested sense the update has been red snapdragons* oh boy..

I for one am going to stick it out and see what happens, I've invested too much time and effort into EL to leave.

But not knowing the future is frightening - What will the prices do, drop or climb? What's the next update gonna be? Which of my friends is leaving next? Will I log-on one day and find EL is no longer there? What are those people doing in white coats? - i didn't think you could buy white coats in EL, oh they want to take me somewhere....... but i don't need healing, look my health bar is 100%, besides i can heal myself. No i don't want to go somewhere calm and relazing......no ......nooooooooo......NOOOOOO ;)

who deleted otl's anyway i been stickin it out from all these "anti-macro" updates that just make the game harder for macroers, but really they just create new ones to go around :P

those of u who wait, gl