Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Your Ideas/suggestions About The Update Changes

I've had a poll up for what people thought was acceptable. Reccommended level / 4 won  ("Nothing" was not really an acceptable option). We are definitely open to the idea of tuning the speed, so stop saying that the game is ruined. Anybody want to make a better formula suggestion?

If nothing was not really an acceptable option why was it listed! 35% voted for it! That could have changed the entire outcome of that pole!

I've had a poll up for what people thought was acceptable. Reccommended level / 4 won  ("Nothing" was not really an acceptable option). We are definitely open to the idea of tuning the speed, so stop saying that the game is ruined. Anybody want to make a better formula suggestion?

If nothing was not really an acceptable option why was it listed! 35% voted for it! That could have changed the entire outcome of that pole!

It showed that 65% (55% if you count the "I don't care I macro harvest all day" option) of the voters didn't mind a change to harvesting of some sort. That constitutes a majority. Therefore, the harvesting system has been changed to server-side autoharvesting. It is the specific nature of the change that is upsetting people at the moment.

-Lyn-

shure, ignore all the values that you don't agree with, that's accurate.

What would you give up to have auto harvesting on the server?

Harvesting speed (once every 2 secs)    [ 8 ]    [7.55%]

Harvesting speed (required level / 4 secs)  [ 18 ]  [16.98%]

Harvesting speed (other, please specify)  [ 1 ]  [0.94%]

Increased difficulty in harvesting  [ 11 ]  [10.38%]

More bad events  [ 6 ]  [5.66%]

My left kidney  [ 12 ]  [11.32%]

Nothing  [ 38 ]  [35.85%]

I don't care, I macro harvest all day  [ 10 ]  [9.43%]

Other (please specify)  [ 2 ]  [1.89%]

Total Votes: 106

If you look at the results, they are about even(depending on how you count the votes. with no clear winner. ie 56 for auto harvest and 50 against.

so this can not be used as any proof of support. This poll also has verry little to actually do with the changes themselves. it just suggests that people feel that the idea is good in general.

i personally don't care wether there is a server side harvester or a client based auto harvester (as autoclikers are officially legal). what most the people here complain about is the way this is introduced and the drematic effect that it has made to makeing the trade of mineing so difficult. if the reson for all modifications are to stop people from macroing, then why make it harder for everyone else and encorage people to break the rules and afk harvest.

The basis for the economy is based on harvesting, as all items that can be made need harvested good as ingredients. so every little change to the harvesting system has a huge efect. i don't mind a little change, but changes should be far smaller, and be phased in over time instead.

ps could the login message be changed, to announce updates???

I like most people don't like the change. I do understand that this is beta testing, and will work with the change... I have a lvl 55 harvest, and I think that should count for something! It was not from macro harvesting look at rest of the skill if you want. They just need to adjust the outcome!...

With the harvesting change the teleport while harvesting should be taken out. It seems that with server side harvesting they can stop the harvest randomly, and that should have as much an effect on macro harvesters as the teleport, the teleport just makes it harder for the fair players. Also would be nice if they implemented a must sit before harvesting. Allow more people to see resources when area's get crowed, from taking so long to load up!

Ideally, a Harv 60 char should spend about 5 seconds on diamonds, not 1.

Why? I don't understand why it would be so good

I got 4,2 million harv xp and diamonds are lvl 40 (913k xp). Isn't mine 3,3 million additional xp enough to speed it up to 1 second? ( i would even agree on 2 seconds ;) )

Maybe base time (= reco. lvl/4 - just like now) needed to mine mineral should be reduced by 10% with every lvl above recomended lvl?

that gives on diamonds (lvl 40):

your lvl: time to harv diamond (in seconds):

40 - 10

41 - 9

42 - 8,1 - rounded to 8

43 - 7,29 rounded to 7

44 - 6,56 rounded to 7

45 - 5,9 - rounded to 6

46 - 5,31 rounded to 5

47 - 4,78 rounded to 5

48 - 4,3 - rounded to 4

49 - 3,87 rounded to 4

50 - 3,48 rounded to 3

55 - 2,05 rounded to 2

60 - 1,2 - rounded to 1

if you are at reco. lvl or below, you harv item in it's base time (10 seconds for diamonds)

for fruits (lvl 18)

lvl:

18(and below) - 4

19 - 3,6 -- rounded to 4

20 - 3,24 - rounded to 3

21 - 2,91 - rounded to 3

22 - 2,62 - rounded to 3

23 - 2,36 - rounded to 2

27 - 1,54 - rounded to 2

28 - 1,39 - rounded to 1

my general idea is to make difference based on %( it doesn't have to be 10%, nor it has to be reco lvl/4 as a base time). pretty much the same way as failure rate.

if you are close to recommended lvl - each level changes alot to you. if you are high above it - the diference is little, but still EXISTS - so there is SOME purpose to lvl up

Edited by Azazel

Hmm... I see a lot of people wondering why I wanted Diamonds at 5 seconds. The point was that it would do three things:

1) Reduce the supply of diamonds, so that there would be less mass-crafting,

2) Allow for differentiation between the harvested items still, for a Level 60 player (red snapdragons are still easier to harvest than diamonds, no matter what your level)

3) Make it worthwhile to go beyond level 60. ;) (Remember, level 60 isn't at the top yet... there's still plenty more room to expand, so it shouldn't stop at 1 second).

-Lyn-

I love the New #beam me up

i havnt tryed the harvest out yet.. but im a fighter :-)

EFE's in tit long/serp is great!! Yeh selling 10 serpents and 30 tit longs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$$$$

They are only true benefitors

Disclaimer: I can't wait to get home from work to see what it's all about.

But: Everyone complains that it makes harvesting take much longer. But those who actually tell the numbers, mention numbers that sound similar to the old, non-macro harvesting. You could harvest much faster with a good macro program that can send the click at the exact second, without getting bored - and this gives me the impression that a large part of the people complaining were those who let the computer play for them.

Remember that this change was to make the game more fun to PLAY. So, please compare PLAING before with playing now, instead of comparing MACROING before with playing now. (And no, for the sake of this discussing, I don't care if autoclickers are allowed for harvesting or not).

Hmm... I see a lot of people wondering why I wanted Diamonds at 5 seconds. The point was that it would do three things:

2) Allow for differentiation between the harvested items still, for a Level 60 player (red snapdragons are still easier to harvest than diamonds, no matter what your level)

3) Make it worthwhile to go beyond level 60. :o (Remember, level 60 isn't at the top yet... there's still plenty more room to expand, so it shouldn't stop at 1 second).

-Lyn-

1) players don't use diamonds for mass crafting ;) but it's not my point. my point is:

Why for god's sake do you want less mass-crafting ?????

There is mass-fighting and nobody complains.

[sarcasm] Maybe cyclopes and ogres should spawn once / half an hour to stop it? Maybe we should introduce Male and Female Ogres and make they spawn only when such couple meets somewhere on the map? Don't you think it would be more realistic?[/sarcasm]

2)

Yeah, but they don't have to differ so much at very high levels. difference between lupines and sunflowers should be much bigger for newbie than for high lvl player

3)

Agreed, this can be adjusted easily in the system i have proposed

Edited by Azazel

Lyanna I am going to kill you in very cruel way. *wink* *grin*

Look on top 20 list. There are TWO people who has crafting above 50 and ONE (me) who has crafting

60. And you call it mass crafting? Very funny. Crafting is very difficould, painfull and expensive and we

don't get even 1/5 of money we put into crafting, it is the one skill that requires 6 nexuses, alot of work

and patience. Crafting is harder to level up than manu and gives crappy profit. Crafting NEEDS an

advantage. Currently it is only a hobby not a skill and no one makes rings with diamonds because it

gives crappy exp and is cost 3 times more than any other gem to polish. RaWr...

Regards.

3) Make it worthwhile to go beyond level 60. :) (Remember, level 60 isn't at the top yet... there's still plenty more room to expand, so it shouldn't stop at 1 second).

1) As if harvesting and polishing diamonds are child's play. Please consider what it involves.

3) By the time I attain lv 60 harvesting, I'll be a brain dead. Please privide all harvesters with auto clicker so that everybody can spend their time for more meaningful activities other than blankly staring the screen.

Leeloo:

with previous system i could get 120 diamonds in 3-4 minutes. Now it takes me around half an hour. What do you think: whould i rather go afk for that time now or before?

the longer it takes to perform action the more it tempts players to use macro to do it for them and not wast their time

I try to explain that for XXX time. all latest improvements hit honest players and encourage macroing (altough making it harder probably). I doubt if you can make system that will be in 100% immune for macroers. But if you will make it, it will surely be 100% immune to human players

Lyanna Unfortunately i disagree with point 1 and 3.

if you reduce the supply of dimonds and try to stop mass crafting how do you therfore expect people to go above 60

though i still like your second point, there should be some difference between harvesting snap dragons and dimonds. i have a major disagreement on thair effect. if you look at my stats i am level 54 in harvesting, and hopefully wish to get to your suggested level of 60, but as you know it will take a lot of work to gain the experience required to get there and how do i do this now?

why did you come up with 5 seconds??? and why should this be the same for everyone, isn't the whole point of haveing levels is to express how the better you are at something the better you can perform tasks.

Azazel i was just about to post something like your posts (i hit preview and saw your post)

Heh about MikeH - he was my guide when I was noob, he was hardcore training potion so even if he is

sometimes rude and behave in chidlish way you people owe him respect because he plays this game

longer than 80% of us. He may know less about new server though.

Regards.

Okay I agree with Salem's formula (I was trying to figure out something of the sort) but round it up instead (if ur 20 lvl's highger then recommended it should be quite quick no matter what)

Also many of my guild members (5 or so) are threatening to leave game

I don't need that as i only have about 13 members in the first place...

Well, okay. I guess the 5-second formula doesn't work. It's just a suggestion, anyway, and like all suggestions should be looked at carefully and taken apart - thanks. :angry: Nevertheless, I think we all agree that the point on differentiation of items should stand, as well as the benefits for levelling up beyond 60. Salem's formula does not fully account for those, but maybe Azazel's or chatterbug's might.

-Lyn-

Heh about MikeH - he was my guide when I was noob, he was hardcore training potion so even if he is

sometimes rude and behave in chidlish way you people owe him respect because he plays this game

longer than 80% of us. He may know less about new server though.

Regards.

Respect has nothing to do with it. I stated the fact (not directly) that he isn't playing EL anymore and therefore he shouldn't judge latest changes (because he DOESN'T KNOW them well enough).

No offence intended

Oh yeah and everybody who already lvl'd alch owns the battlefield now and the ones who didn't and have to do it now will never catch up with them. I'm talking about P/C

nope because you could get super much exp of Alch and that could be used for P/C and now it takes much longer to harvest all the ingreds and you can't get exp as fast as before so the people who already lvld Alch very high and got high OA will own the battlefield

I've had a poll up for what people thought was acceptable. Reccommended level / 4 won ("Nothing" was not really an acceptable option). We are definitely open to the idea of tuning the speed, so stop saying that the game is ruined. Anybody want to make a better formula suggestion?

cicero i seriously was ready to give up that left kidney for this :lol:

and like i said before....nothing is perfect from the start, and accepting this, there will be some flaws to this update. And because of this.....

SUGGESTIONS ARE NECESSARY, BITCHING IS NOT

Edited by elvenpyro

Remember that this change was to make the game more fun to PLAY.

So where is the fun in sitting and waiting until your inventory fills up?

I would suggest to devs to stop think how to make this game harder. If you want to make it fun try to increase amount of different items. Almost everything requires FE to manufacture, but many other essences (air, earth) have no use or almost no use at all.

One of the most annoying things in the game after harvesting is making FEs - just click, click, click, and you need to get tons of them for bar making and crafting. And to add insult to injury (my finger really hurts after i make 1k FEs) autoclickers are illegal for that.

There are very few middle level items affordable to new players. There is nothing

between titanium chain (~1000 OLD price) and iron plate (15-20k old price).

Also, all the good stuff is very rare - it requires EFEs which are hard to get. May be there should be more the 2 grades of FEs, with probabilities to get ranging from 1/200 to 1/10000, to allow making armor and weapons of different quality.

Another suggestion is to use different essences to temporary enchant armor and weapons - giving them fire/ice/shock aura for a limited time that will hurt enemies when they hit you (for armor/shield) or when you hit them (weapons).

And one last thing. Please make server base automixing or allow autoclickers to mix. It won't help much with high level items anyway since you will run out of food fast, but it will really help to mix tons of fire essences. May be it is even possible to get all the ingredients in inventory, click "Mix" button and after some time just get a message like: "you made x items".

basically, the whole game has been unbalanced towards older players, and 3 items now will never be made again. Harvesting now is a skill now biased towards macroers, rather that honest, real players. As a result, alchemy is now at least twice as hard to level. Seriously, this either needs to be reset NOW to what it was before, before long term damage is done, or you're gonna need a server wipe and restart to make the game fair once more. If one of these isn't done, I personally am probably going to leave - its not about the change, but about the attitude of the gms - I've played a large number of mmorpgs before, and personally, if this isn't fixed and soon, there is no long term hope for this game, it will either die or become filled with noobs and unable to keep highlevel players. I'll be watch the events over the next few days with hope.

This game has massive potential, the gms appear to be shooting it down themselves. It's such a waste.