Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Your Ideas/suggestions About The Update Changes

There are no indications of increasing the enriched essence construction rate.

No, it is now impossible to hit 120 harvests an hour unless you have harvest level 30 something and are harvesting flowers.

Well, I really dislike the new slow autoharvester, however I think, that basing the harvesting speed on maybe the weight (there would be a problem with titanium, I know) of the goods or better on the harvesters level would be far more better than basing it on a certain value (harv-rec-lvl/4 is additionally IMO extremely high for) for each kind of item as it is now, so that people who gain harvesting levels could feel that they get better and better.

Macroing will increase, because it very easy now to harvest flowers and to get money from it.

Leather Gloves to harvest sulfur - it is really a very good idea. I hope that the gloves can be damaged exactly as a pickaxe. Well, if you really want to make harvesting more harder.... harvesting roses might be also dangerous for the hands.

I don't understand why the players can not sell iron shields and steel long swords to Trik. Why wouldn't he like this weapons? If the economy was meant to be fixed with it, he could just pay less money for these weapons, but with these harv and manu news there will be less shields and swords in the game anyway.

I guess, that you don't mind that dozens of people will begin PKing and monster fighting if they consider manufacturing or alchemy hopeless. I hope that the gold cave won't be crwoded.

EDIT: I agree that manufacturing time could be increased as i was done (although I'm not manufacturing advanced things yet). With potions it could be different (you know, you have only to put all the ingidients together and stir ;) ). Harvesting didn't need to be made longer, because you need not less than 7 ores to make a metal bar, so it takes IMO long enough to harvest enugh ore to make sufficient bars to produce a weapon.

Edited by Catz

When I first started playing this game my favorite part was the harvesting and manufacturing system. It was in-depth enough to be interesting, but quick enough to suit someone like me who can usually only play 20 minutes to an hour at a time. Then came the "random effects" --not so wonderful, but none of those really bothered me except the teleports. But this change completely destroys everything I liked about the game. Now harvesting/manufacturing simply takes far too much time for a semi-casual player to succeed at. Please back out the change or at least reduce the delay by a hefty amount. I'd like to continue to play, but don't see myself doing so under these changes.

Thank you,

Dagar

im a freakin mastermind! make a button to turn the auto harvesting off, Everybody is happy then!

Aitrus a whole fricken button for as simple as a command as that (u do know everyone will have it off unless the auto-harvester is fast enough for them)

Aitrus a whole fricken button for as simple as a command as that (u do know everyone will have it off unless the auto-harvester is fast enough for them)

i have no idea what that meant aero o.O

harvesting should be returned to the way it was. looking blankly at the screen while your character harvests takes away from the big time. If I wanted a game where the only thing to do was fight things, I would have played a first person shooter. :P

plz, chage harvesting back to the way it was :P

i like most aspects of the update except for the time limits.

the time limits are making me frustrated, with that in mind i suggest you change them back to the way it was and leave everything else as is.

Guest Hooie

I have mixed feelings about the auto-harvest. It is good in design even though it is slow. will the rate of harvesting increase with increased lvls. If not maybe it should be.

the speed of the harvest is just plain rediculous and you have no idea what your player is really going through,i know alot of people asked for this and it would be good but the speed if awful,so im with everyone else when i say,plz change the harvesting system back :P

Yeah. Notice the protest they had to break up. If they have to get a moderator to dissemble a meeting of 32 players, at least 5 major ones, for one purpose, do you think they need to change it?

Edited by freeone3000

I have a few comments:

1. I appluad the idea of the auto-harvester it will eliminate the need for all of the auto-clickers and other things that other people do, i do think that it could use a few changes (such as making it faster)

2. everyone just needs to trust ent and stop bitching because u probably remember all of the chaos around the 1st harvesting changes (boycotts, flames) etc. And all of that was extremely unnecessary. And just like what happened in the 1st change, there will be some flaws that will be updated, we just need to give it some time.

i would love to be happy and constructive here.

i just can't think of anything good about this. as some1 already stated...if you (as in the developers) would tell us (as in the players) what you wanted to achieve by this update maybe i could.

my thoughts:

- yes, if you want to catch more macroers, this will help. you will get LOADS of new macroers now, afk-harvesting is not avoidable anymore for anybody.

- yea, if you feel it's "you" against "them", you definitely scored big time

- yes again if you wanted to finally get rid of all honest non-fighters.

IF these were the goals of this, gratz, you hit the nail right on the head.

very sorry i can't be more constructive right now, if that was not what you tried to achive, it just really beats me.

:P

I thaught i would add my points to the disucssion:

The idea of harvesting automatically is resomably sound, but with the current system it is exttreemly flawed. it is not based on experience anymore, so it is far more apealing for a noob to harvest tit ore and dimonds than those of us who chose to go into this field.

A solution to this is to index it with your levels like before, so those who focus in an area are and have verry high levels are not penalised, and everyone has a motive to increase in level.

Harvesting is also way too slow, i feel that harvesting time should be based on a fixed value part the way up the system. for example makeing vegtables or fruit take a second, thus makeing flowers much easy to harvest, getting lots more each second. To achieve this increase in flower harvesting, it could be possible to be able to harvest more than the current ammount of flowers (ie get 4 or 5 snap dragons at a time)

The previous economy worked well, efe's where extreeemly rare, and difficut to get, so it was a luxury to be able to get platemail. by makeing it harder you only hurt those who don't have platemail yet, not those who have it.

if you look at the top 20 you can see that only 7 people have the recomended level to make iorn plate.

I am luckey i have a full sute of plate, 2 serp swards and a tit long, so this will not effect me much, but it will seriously hinder most of my friends. These items are there because they are alredy hard to make and only avalable for those who have spent thair time working to get the money and/or ingredients together to make them. they are there to provide something to apire to and with the old system it still took time for the average user to get the item. for me it took a week worth of harvesting tit ore to get the money (32k and a fiew shields) aswell as constantly looking on the market chanel for people to buy them. this is not easy, and further restricting other players from getting them is not fair.

hey do the mods/developers have plarte?? are they trying to change the game to unfairly benefit themselves? (*Puts on tin foil hat*)

The last thing i must say is stoping turk from buying items is a really bad thing for those who are starting to progress through manufactureing. when you start manufactureing you can make fur gloves, this is good, as you can make a tiny profit selling them to the general store, the same with fur hats and cloaks.

then something is there to seriously hinder your advancement: you can now make lether goods, except you can really only sell them to turk (though the update will counteract this atleast), then after a lot of lether gloves you can make lether armour, which too can not be made for little or no profit. then after strugleing for a while you can finally manufacture something of value, the iorn shield, you can even sell them to a npc and make some money, or atleast you could, so you need to strugle for a bit longer makeing lots more usless items untill you get to the next items which you can sell and make a profit.

.... that is untill the next update to the game when items become too dificult to create and there is no profit.

to summerise, i don't feel there was anything wrong with the economy that we had, shure lots of items where getting far cheaper than they should normally be, but we still have a free market. isn't the capitalist way "let the market decide." if the market means items should be way cheaper than you want, so be it. and thanks for reading my really long rant

Well, I just have one more thing to say:

Hello Recession.

ALSO

everyone just needs to trust ent and stop bitching because u probably remember all of the chaos around the 1st harvesting changes (boycotts, flames) etc. And all of that was extremely unnecessary. And just like what happened in the 1st change, there will be some flaws that will be updated, we just need to give it some time.

The difference between the first update and this one is the fact that our economy is direly threatened now. If this goes on too long, what will happen? Read up at the top of this post.

Edited by Daxon

I've had a poll up for what people thought was acceptable. Reccommended level / 4 won ("Nothing" was not really an acceptable option). We are definitely open to the idea of tuning the speed, so stop saying that the game is ruined. Anybody want to make a better formula suggestion?

I've had a poll up for what people thought was acceptable. Reccommended level / 4 won ("Nothing" was not really an acceptable option). We are definitely open to the idea of tuning the speed, so stop saying that the game is ruined. Anybody want to make a better formula suggestion?

Can't hide the truth, Cicero.

As for a better formula, how about boosting the recommended level of the item more, so instead of these stupid 2 veggies=5 seconds or whatever crap, you fail more, but if you're lucky, it still works fine. Hell, I would gladly take titanium recc. level 60 right now over this crap.

i have no idea what that formula means and i bet most who voted for it do neither.

and "nothing" was the favorite for the reason that ppl don't care for the serverside harvester, that's a gimmick for devs, not for players.

autoclickers and harvester worked fine.

i suck at maths, but how about (IF at all) making the harvesting speed depending on the harvesting lvl ?

i suck at maths, but how about (IF at all) making the harvesting speed depending on the harvesting lvl ?

I agree with you on something.

*Takes a screenshot*

*Takes a screenshot*

:P *passes out* :P

Ok i held a meeting in wsc here are some ideas we gathered. One thing was from fruit down should not be affected much as this is a way for noobies to level a little. Second thing is yes all mierals should take more time too harvest but depending on your harvest level and item you are harvesting with it's levels like level 20 can harvest 1 coal every 20 secs and level 60 gets 1 coal every 2 secs diamonds for level 20 1 every 30 seconds level 60 i every 3 seconds something like that. Some people also stated they did not like having autoharvest they liked there own and requested an on/off button to use the autoharvest feature. So basically what we have said is harvest spped= item harvested devided by players levels of harvesting i cant do formulations i am a redneck sorry....this goes for alch and manu as well this is what i ediited

Edited by Rya

*Takes a screenshot*

:blink: *passes out* :blink:

Have a pillow and ice pack. :(