Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Your Ideas/suggestions About The Update Changes

The problem seems to be that it's too hard to harvest/alch/manuf/craft.

It's so much easier to just level up fighting and sell the stuff you don't want and keep the stuff you need.

The way things are going I'll probably just give up on making anything and just fight for rare drops. I'm already losing money big time trying to get my manufacturing up

The only solution I see is to make monsters drop less good stuff.

Comments?

I thought I had posted already..but it seems that I thought wrong.

Lets start out with some questions:

1-What areas does the '#beam me up' command not work on for lvs20+ now?

2-What is the chance of getting an EFE?

3-Is this update to help the economy?

Now for complaints:

1-harvesting is too slow

2-harvesting events are hard to notice

3-No main source of money for non-fighters

4-Trik's buy list is shortened

Suggestions:

1-more exp for all skills but att and def (already mentioned-thought id mention it again)

2-add in harvest messages, it helps many of us

3-Raise prices of tit bars because many of us will need the money to buy materials if it comes to that.

4-Maybe iron shield and steel long can be sold elsewhere if its unable to be sold at Trik

5-Make harv faster or more efficient OR remove the harv limit

I know im missing something...will add when I remember

I've had a poll up for what people thought was acceptable. Reccommended level / 4 won ("Nothing" was not really an acceptable option).

why have, "nothing" as a poll option then?

why not just say what you mean - "we are going to make some changes and we don't care what you think, hahaha" <_<

Ok, I did't read all of this thread, so i may repeat some other's statements, but I'm gonna give my opinion.

First of all, concerning the EFEs, instead of making new formulas for existing items, it would have been better to introduce new items that use them, like steel plate using 2 EFE and titanium plate using 3 EFE. And instead of Trik not buying iron shield any more, it would have been better to introduce titanium shields (using 1 EFE), that he is not buying. I think a lot of people would have liked that, and very few people would have complained.

Harvesting: It is really boring as it is right now. It should get faster with a higher harvesting level, so it would be all right if the harvesting limit would be set to more than 120 successful harvests/hour or even dropped completely. It's too hard now to get to a useful level in harvesting.

Alchemy: It just takes to long to make FEs. How is anyone supposed to get the EFEs to make even a single iron plate mail? Especially if you consider the time one has to spend on harvesting.

I hope this update will get adjusted some more, like the last harvesting update has. Right now it really takes the fun out of this game.

The currently formula is use does take into account your harvest level. This is while we see the feedback and suggestions to help determine what will be the next adjustment to make with it for balancing things.

I really think you could make most people happy and stay in the game by using hav. skill to lessen the time needed to hav. harder stuff.... the flower speed is just fine and the rest of the update is good.

think about this if i wanted to make 30 k of fire ess so that will be 30 k of sulver 30 k of red snaps 30 k of red roses

I believe this is one of the problems that the devs are trying to solve. 30k? That's an insane amount.

Now, how long would it take to get 30k frags in Quake3? How long would it take to dring 30k bottles of beer IRL?

And for those who say the new changes encourages macroing... The old way encouraged macroing - even to the point where an exception was added to the rules to allow macroing.

I definetly think we should make it so we click we harvest instantly ive had to leave el becouse i dont have time to wait for thigns to be harvested or wait for the reasoning pot to be made. I hope that this is removed so I can return to the game.

I still think one issue that hasnt been addressed is the autoclicker itself is basically encouraging and making afk training easier again. I hate afk training in games, people should be working for their levels, not using some bot. Please, let's at least remove the autoclick thing so that the game doesn't become simply a macrocontest.

Macroing? This prevents it, beacuse if you have a device that keeps clicking, it just stops/starts harvesting over and over. It places the burden of the clicks on the sever itself, which does it for you.

Of course, I know it does not, but it is easier to explain this way.

Afk harvesting? Pretty dead after the random events. I don't even use a harvesting bag anymore beacuse of the teleport nexuses.

:D Ok, the harvesting system is too bad, but i think that harvesting was too easy before this update.. Anyway the system should be faster. But the real problem is Manufacturing changes, manufacturing is a hard profession, u know that u lose money till u get to lvl 16, then at lvl 16 u can start making iron shields and win some money... Making iron shields is not a easy work... i mean yes u get alot of money, but u have to harvest for hours if u want to get enough iron ore, coal and fes for all the iron bars and steel bars, maybe u say, well with 100iron shield u get 40k gc, but to get that u had to mine 6hours or so and with the new system, make it more time... so i dont really understand trik dont buy them anymore... anyway ppl can make less iron shield now, and 400gc would be very cheap because bars costed 30gc untill the update and now they cost 50gc so

50x8= 400gc 2x60=120gc 4x5gc 20gc = 540gc(the cost to make an iron shield nowsaday) and trik is not buying them anyway, we would still lose money selling the shields to him... i can sell the 800 bars i need to ppl for 500gc and win the same without the risk of failing and then level my manu making leather gloves. I think that manufacturing upgrades are not good, the time to manufacture is ok, i dont have problem with that.

Plz i hope the moderators read this and im sorry because of my english ;) its not my first language and i tried to do my best. Cya

ah, that reminds me. we have to go over the economy so that people can earn a bit of gold at any level. basicly what have to be done is to check up on the sale prices of readymade items (when sold to a npc) vs the cost of buying the parts from a npc. this should be balanced so that you can gain say a 10% earning on the item if you bought all the resources. this allso leaves a bit of haggle room when it comes to pc to pc trade.

if done right i belive it may improve the economy.

hmm, but it may allso make it spiral out of control. it needs a money hole or similar so that people use up their earned cash to rather then stockpileing it. hmm, fashion anyone?

Edited by duran

Harvest don't need to be attractive it needs to be FAST. I know no game where harvest is exciting *sigh*.

Regards.

Harvest don't need to be attractive it needs to be FAST. I know no game where harvest is exciting *sigh*.

Regards.

Harvesting is 'free money', it needs to be reasonable. Defining that it needs to be fast means you just want lots of raw materials for what you want to do for free.

Once we get to a good reasonable rate, harvesting might still be too slow for some high volume players, but there are other people in that game that can help you out!

As for people multing/multiplaying, if that doesn't go down, additional automated steps might need to be taken which will hurt them and real people that share an IP. This is supposed to be a MMORPG, please try to work with other people in game instead of attempting to circumvent the rules we have. I'd rather not have to actively try to enforce rule, instead encourage player to work with each other.

Harvesting is 'free money', it needs to be reasonable. Defining that it needs to be fast means you just want lots of raw materials for what you want to do for free.

Harvesting is not exactly free, as time is money in both RL and EL. Harvesting is very tedious also. I agree with teh banned 0n3na, and IMHO, harvesting should be very fast or almost instant, and that need to be balanced by more challenging (but not nesessaryly long) alchemy/manufacturing/potion making process. I objected Roja's manufacturing system proposal at first, but now I think something similar will really help if implemented properly and carefully balanced.

I remember back when it was instant, when all I had to do was press CTRL+F1, and I would get one per seconed as long as I held my mouse over the area, if I had a 50% fail rate.

You're saying harvesting is too expensive now, and are compensating for that with increased prices on manufacture, alchemy, and potion?

I remember back when it was instant, when all I had to do was press CTRL+F1, and I would get one per seconed as long as I held my mouse over the area, if I had a 50% fail rate.

You're saying harvesting is too expensive now, and are compensating for that with increased prices on manufacture, alchemy, and potion?

Freeone, the economy is not the only problem. One of the problems here is playability. With current system, everything but fighting involves only clicking like crazy at the same spot. This is also the real reason for macroing. With new harvesting system, it bacame just dumb wating without clicking. One way or another - it's not very playable. So, most (but probably not all) tedious task should be improved. The question is how to do it, and keep economy and gameplay (leveling) balanced.

It is kind of hard to personify basic tasks like harvesting. If you can come up with a good way to make up something that is fun that represents a person picking fruit off the ground and sticking it into a... whatever we use to store stuff in... I'm sure it would get approval.

The test server is good. With 30+ positive posts, I wonder why they don't transfer it to the real server.

May be this because of so many positive posts lol :D

Regards.

just the reply i expected to hear, and i think learner put up a reply to it nicely, so im not going to comment on it any more then i have allready done...

Harvesting is 'free money', well money is time and in my rl profession i can make $30 hr depending on my sales. Your not selling me on this

I went on the test server, and I think harvesting is just absolutely perfect there. Its very realistic how harvests are done at a constant speed, and its very nice how the speed is higher. The part I like the most is definately the constant speed. No suprises, and it does make things less tedious.

I believe there will be much less complaints if the test server's system was put into the real server. There might still be EFE/manu complaints though...but most of us can handle that if harvesting speed is increased.

I will hold back any comments on the speed or difficulty of harvest or manufacturing untill the next stage or two are brought out. No way to form a rational opinion with incomplete data.

I will say, however, that a bit more feedback while harvesting would be nice. I am not asking for the harvest/fail harvest messages at every try. I understand that this chokes up the chat log. Is there not a way to have messages on screen that are not a part of the log? Perhaps something like the damage numbers when fighting? A little blue or green number pops up and fades out with every successful harvest. This at least gives us an idea of what is happening.

I look forward to seeing more developments in EL.

Dent