Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Your Ideas/suggestions About The Update Changes

Please read rule #12 before you make any posts about the new harvesting changes and any other things about the update:

12. No bitching, spamming, or insulting about something in the game. Complaints ARE allowed, but if you're going to complain about something, then try doing it in a meaningful, and positive manner. First take time BEFORE jumping into a post and THINK about what you're complaining about. Then state what you have a problem with, and also provide solutions to the problem, or ask people if they have any. Do NOT insult people, such as the creators of the game who have worked hard to bring you a FREE game, because they do want this game tobe the best it can be.

It is good. No more multiple window juggling. I can go fullscreen, so I don't lag in console mode.

However, we need the messages back. Will increase traffic, will decrease "How did I get 23 cactuses when I only clicked once?" messages. Also, could we have the autoharvesting optional, like sit lock?

I would suggest a rollback... while we were slightly annoyed/pleased by the havesting events... at least there were some positive sides :)

This update just seems to have negative response... and as with all systems... if the users hate the 'new upgrade' then you take it out, and rollback ;)

I (and everyone ive ever know in the game...) would really love it if harvesting didnt take so long. i harvest once every 10 seconds now and everyone in the game really hates it, i like the fact that its auto now, but it really needs to be faster. ;)

Edit: crap!!! that post wasnt from hazor, it was from me (alderan) i forgot 2 change it 2 my name b4 i posted it... plz dont kill me hazor :)

Edited by Hazor

ok... Well i am glad that you are continually updating el, the last update was a mixed blessing, i cannot mine titanium ore anymore because it takes far to long

Before= 350 tit in 10-15 minutes

Now= 20-40 tit in 10-15 minutes at 41 harvesting

please get rid of the auto harvester, i have my own clicker for that =\

Ok, i took a breath, and write it again here...

1. Noone will make tit. longs and tit. chains, cuz it will be waste of eFEs...

2. Noone will make steel longs and iron shields (that were making only for Trisk cash)

3. Harvesting and Producing...

a ) paradise for macroers, only they can make many stuff sleeping IRLm, so only they will be happy

b ) terrible slow (Snails Lands ?) i was making great project, how can i finish it now if i need 10k matter ess ? playing 2 months 24/7 ?

btw i started harvesting sulfur, went to eat dinner, and when i came back it didnt finished yet...

c ) that is terrible boring...

I realize that had to be a big idea, but, im sorry, it failed :-(

Edited by Gen_Axis

Also, fix it where it doesn't Turn off unexpectantly without telling you. Also, I don't like not being able to click anywhere else without it turning off. Makes little things like eating a chore.

Good idea in theory but needs a lot of fine turning.

making a auto mixer would make the fe production alot easier btw :) just a suggestion ;). besides the new harving systems is imho gr8 only need to be tweak (alot , sorry guys). The efe's in the long's and serps etc a gr8 turn to fix the economy if you ask me.

Guest slam

I agree the auto harvestor seems to run very slowly. My opinion is that it needs to be sped up. Or that the harvestor speed is based on a factor of your harvesting ability and the ease of the item you are harvesting. But that sounds like a lot of code to write.

Currently, it is very frustrating....I just turn it on and leave the room for 10 mins

so I can get 200 lbs. of things. Perhaps as things get more coded, it will be a better help.

o Auto harvester = too slow, forces AFK harvesting a lot => bad

o No "harvest stopped" message when the harvester stopped (see my posts in programming forum) => bad

o lowered prices for ore and bars => bad

o no "You harvested.../You failed.." messages => for gods sake, YESSS they are gone!! => perfect ;-)

o no visible status, if the auto harvester is on or off => bad

o teleport nexusses without a message, not good for noobs => bad

o platinum coin costs 1100gc. unusual, better do decimal => confusing => bad

Just my 2 cents.

Piper

To be honest i dont really know what to say, other than OMG this new harvest update is soooo bad ;)

I dont understand what the benefits are, other than to ppl who know how to macro. Most of the ppl i know in game had a legit auto harvester anyway but this just encourages ppl to be afk while harvesting.

I cant even believe iam going to say this but i cant play EL with it taking this long to harvest as that is all i do as an alchemist and potion maker :)

I cant offer any suggestions as i dont know what you are trying to achieve with the harvest update.

Its just a real real shame, i can only hope and pray that it will be changed otherwise it looks like im having to go back to my real life :)

Guest Cameron

i agree harvesting is slow & does need tweaking but on the other hand all other changes i think are great will boost the market ;)

Guest Sylvia

I like the new autoharvest up to a point. It does save some wear and tear on my mouse (not to mention my hands...ouch!) which is a definite plus.

However I agree with previous posts that the amount of time it takes to harvest seems a bit extreme. Just gathering some fruit took literally 5x as long as it did before. I don't want to think about how long it will take to get high level ores.

I hate to admit, because I like being able to sit back and watch my inventory fill up, that it's also a bit boring. I find myself sitting in the other room watching TV now just checking on the harvest now and then during commercial breaks. Stopped by itself...hmm...better click again. *poof I'm gone* Now that there's less user interaction required, the amount of time I spend actually playing will be drastically reduced.

:)

well bad joke update yea ;)

well get back the iron shields at tirk and speed up the harvesting

manu sys is more secure now but whats up with sugestions to use bones at swords?

thanx to the team u crashed the ecosys in a sec

I THINK ITS PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ores should NEVER have been that accessible in the first place

NNNEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love it Roja =D

Harvesting: 124134134/10

EFE in new items: 9/10

2 EFE in iron plate: desnt concern me/10

everything else: bleh, i haven't read theat part.

The harvesting is easy, now that you'll never misclikc a bear or anything like that, and can look at other windows while harvesting ;)

the EFE in new weps/ armor are nessecary to give this economy a jumpstart. 70% of people just look at higher prices for armor and weapons and think it is horrible, but really the moneymakers(e.g. FE, HE, tit bars, potions, etc.) raise too.

Well, here are my thoughts and comments, so far;

Harvesting how takes more time depending on how complex it is

Harvesting is painfully slow in this new system. I don't get it at all. Now you will have to wait a long time before you can actually make something. Where did the fun of the game go?

harvesting diamonds at 1/10 seconds, blue quartz at 1/5 seconds, fruits at 1/3 seconds, is just slow, it's not fun, it's not good. This will kinda force you to do something else while harvesting, was that the general idea?

Having a serverside harvester is good (not nessecary, but good), making it painfully slow is....not

EFE; getting an EFE is very hard and to put it in more items is not adding to the fun, in my opinion. The idea is; I take it, to make these items more rare, which I really don't see why they have to be. If people want to use an item (which isn't that easy to make/get in the first place), why shouldn't they? Now you have to make 1000s of fe to get those EFEs, harvesting is slower....so the process is slowed down to a point where you basically read a papaer, make your homework or something, while harvesting these items, then click click click.

My bet is that soon everyone will have tons of fire essences in their storages.

Trik buys fewer items....

If you can't get your hands on a titanium chainmail, for example (needs EFE to make) you will look at buying it. The defense temple sells one for 38 000 gc. How can you get that kind of money if you can't sell items to Trik?

Price adjusted on Titanium bars

Have not tested it, but given the general feel of this new update, I assume it is lower. Where/how will you make money now, I wonder?

This game is more and more geared towards fighting. For us who like to do things instead of killing them, are feeling very side-stepped. It would be like all monsters spawns once every 10 min or so, that would slow down fighting I bet.

#beam me up is disabled on some maps for lvl 20+

I wonder why...I have no answer to this one, nor do I have a clue why....

I thought of this game as a fun, great game, recommending it to my friends. Now I honestly don't know what to think (if thses things persists).

Kind, but sad regards

Derin

This post is completely flame free, please read.

Since stuff is rare now, please...

1) Tune Tankel to be more efficient with repairs, or

2) Give players the ability to repair. For example, repairing a titanium serpent sword could need a new serp sword (for the magic), and a number of titanium bars and fire essences.

Instead of the huge amount of EFE, blacksmith's forges could be introduced. I'd rather pay big bucks (in game money, I'm poor in real life) for a forge, instead of making tens of thousands of FE to get a single EFE. This means you could use the forge (and time) in the place of the EFE(s). Besides, how cool would that be to have your very own blacksmith's shop? ;)

Alternatively, you could make it so that you can try to make an EFE somehow. Perhaps have it take 100 sulphur and 100 of each flower, and make it very high level so succeeding is very hard at best. Or perhaps make an NPC that trades 2000 FE (don't have to bring them in one shot, no player can carry 2000 EMU) to one EFE. Or perhaps an NPC that generally trades enriched essences to other enriched essences. For example, I bring him enriched water and asks "What a beautiful Enriched Water Essence! What would you want in return?, and then I could choose an EFE. Or if that is too good, make it 1 enriched essence and some gold. Or just a lot of gold.

Harvesting is a bit slow, so is manufacturing (including potions and such). It's not a bad system, but even Iron takes a long time to harvest now. I think I got 3 harvests in 30 seconds. I would humbly suggest lowering the times a little. Also I wouild like to see success messages.

That's about it. I hope you found my suggestions at least somewhat reasonable and maybe even doable.

Edit: Fixed one typo.... ^_^

Edited by Korgan

Roja the slow down, was extemely unnessecary, i know lots of people that don't have 3 hours a night to paly. many of my guild members get on like 1 hour maximum a night you make this game so it takes forever to do anything at a good rate. I suggest you up the time, because your making people have to spend all there lives on el, and the people that already do not want t because they do so much in that time period.

isn't that the point of a game THAT IT IS REALISTIC IT'S A GAME!

I think that it's pretty good. The system could use some speeding up though. But the fact that it's hard to gather the necessary ingredients will make things increase in price and dry up some free floating funds.

But, why harvest Sulphur w/Leather Gloves? That doesn't make sense.