Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripp9

What Is Up W/harvesting?

Are you sure it's actually slower ? I have a feeling it's the same just the fails aren't visible anymore so it seems slower because nothing happens.

edit:

apparently wrong. it is slow...

Edited by Xilcox

It *is* slow, example:

Diamonds = 1/10 sec

Blue quartz = 1/5 sec

Fruit = 1/3 sec

This is what i was afraid of, someone, somewhere lost the perspective here....

My question is: where is the FUN in this? I'm totally clueless....

Derin

Guest Mariah

I DONT like the change in harvesting! It is hard enuff for a newb to get anywhere in this game as it is! Have to work your booty off to get all that money to learn ALL that stuff ...and now took the Best(and thats not good)way of making decent money and screwed it!Could we have some mercy on newbs here please? ;)

IMO it is crazy. Why? Because harvesting is ONLY method to earn money and create something. So it is ONLY method to lvl up, e.g. on manufacture, alchemy, etc. With so slow harvesting it is going to be impossible to train skills, because you have to have a week to harvest ingredients :]

It's nice that i can harvest and same time look at map or something, yes i like it, but it should not be so slow!

It is a game, and the most important feature of all fames is to make game playable. With harvesting iron 1 per 7 seconds it is IMO not playable. For low levels it is not easy to harvest because small strenght/load. Making it harder is not needed.

So as I said, i like to know WHY?

Maby it is because you like people to buy e.g. Fire essences in the shops instead of making it 'at home'. To do it just make prices lower, not harvest impossible ;-)

i was making water essence in nordcarn

for those that dont kno water essence needs 1 of 4 ingredients, bsf, lups, blueQ and a sapphire.

i alrdy have 50 of the flowers and 50 sapph in my inventory, i went to mine the quartz to make the water essence, it took me half an hour to mine to 50 quartz to make the water essence.

i have harvesting lvl 50

if u think this is an exageration please feel free to try and mine some quartz yourself

;):D:D:D:D:D:(:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

What is up with automatic harvesting, and really slow at that. Honestly, if I wanted a game that forced me to fight things all the time, I would have played a first person shooter!

I call upon the masses to rebel.

Game name should be changed: from Eternal Lands to Eternal Harvesting.

Regards.

I hate this idiot update i harvested 4 ore in 20 minutes ;) they need to change the harvest and alchemy things back. It's already hard enough in this game.

Honestly, if I wanted a game that forced me to fight things all the time, I would have played a first person shooter!

EXACTLY

Things seem to get more and more complicated for non-fighters with every update. Sad ... If things continue to go in this way, EL will end up with population of all fighters at the average age of 12.

Harvesting is too slow - it took me 25 minutes to harvest 120 diamonds at lvl 62 harv (without teleports luckily). My friend (less lucky) spent 20 minutes on mining 60 emeralds

It's almost impossible to lvl up manu now - how can manuer get money for leather pants ingreds if he can't even sell iron shields ? Ah, and it takes 10 seconds to make pants to make it easier.

I DONT like the change in harvesting! It is hard enuff for a newb to get anywhere in this game as it is! Have to work your booty off to get all that money to learn ALL that stuff ...and now took the Best(and thats not good)way of making decent money and screwed it!Could we have some mercy on newbs here please? :)

Hehe, you said booty :)

Honestly, if I wanted a game that forced me to fight things all the time, I would have played a first person shooter!

EXACTLY

Things seem to get more and more complicated for non-fighters with every update. Sad ... If things continue to go in this way, EL will end up with population of all fighters at the average age of 12.

Harvesting is too slow - it took me 25 minutes to harvest 120 diamonds at lvl 62 harv (without teleports luckily). My friend (less lucky) spent 20 minutes on mining 60 emeralds

It's almost impossible to lvl up manu now - how can manuer get money for leather pants ingreds if he can't even sell iron shields ? Ah, and it takes 10 seconds to make pants to make it easier.

Someone has it aginst all 12-year-olds. Notice that is stereotyping. --I am 12. Deal with it.--

The things that actually give this post some intellectual merit:

Yes, the harvesting is slow. Why doesn't someone on the other end WAKE UP!!!! and do something about it? If there are ten or more threads with more than 20 posts on each, each protesting the same thing, why don't they agree that the majority is aginst it?

I know the results of the poll, and I also know that there were less than 150 votes. If only 3/8 of the people voted, and six less than half were aginst the harvesting changes, what would have happened if seven more people would have voted?

Any time it takes to create an item that is too basic over about 1 seconed is excessive. It takes 3 seconds to make warm fur gloves at level fourteen manufacture? If they were that difficult, would you have a 100% success rate at level zero?

Edited by freeone3000

Yeah like freeone said...

ISN't the idea of this game to make cash... people will pay it when they like it ... NOT when u stopped a FEW people with unfair positions... take 2% down like it should... not 100% cause ur not thinking!!!!

i was sure id play the P2P version a while ago (even bought a t-shirt)... with the nature damage.. no change ... this... keep it and count me out... this is no fun anymore... if i wanna fight all the time there are dozens of games that worked out the fighting better... i play this cause the game WAS well balanced...

hope u guys descrew it ... or its goodbye for me and many more of us!

Silencio

Guest hollowman

Now I'm a new player so excuse me if I offend any of the long time players, that I'm sure know more than me.

Now I started playing last Thursday, which was the 18th and today is the 26th. Now I’ve played with the old harvest system for a bit and the new.

I honesty don’t see what the problem is, sure it does take longer now to harvest and manufacture; however, most mmo’s take a long time to harvest and manufacture.

I was kind of shocked when I first started playing how quick things moved, as compared to other games.

The one thing I will say about the new system is I like the auto harvest, but now that it takes longer I should be allowed to leave my computer or check something on the net real quick with out having to worry about being teleported and killed. There is nothing fun about watching my guy sit there for 20 minutes. That is the only real problem I have with this new system.

Also I would like to point out, I am a new player and I feel I’m doing pretty well for myself. So would the older players stop using the excuse that the new system is making it harder for new players? :P Don’t get me wrong I do see some problems that do exist for new players, but the harvest system isn’t one of them.

See ya in the game.

Hollowman

I know what ur talking about... most games take ages to make stuff.. but u can make stuff as an extra game-part...

THIS GAME WAS MEANT TO BE BALANCED... all good games where u were meant to be able to do lots of things without fighting (i name u fairyland as an example)

harvest way faster then this + now it looks more like a way to big extra!!!!

in this game most people worry more about making stuff then fighting... and thats the only thing that DIDNT change with ALL(!!!) of the changes since Entropy left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest hollowman

I still don't think the havest system takes so long where everyone needs to get all crazy about it.

I've been playing for a week and I'm at level 25 for my harvest, I think that's pretty high for a week of playing.

U used to be able to start make some stuff in 2 or 3 hours.. now it cost u 2 or 3 hours to just GET resources for a few essences !!!

When i was a newb it took me 3 hours to get to 25 harvest... not 7 days...

it still sux!!!!