Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Selberhad

Summoning Bot?

I'd like to make a summoner bot. My initial thoughts for it are:

-automatically harvest and produce essences for summoning

-scavenge animal parts from abandoned bags

-produce mana potions for personal consumption

-wander between known, crowded spawn spots and summon some extra mobs if there are people standing around

I am a bit confused as to the rules for bots. If a bot is totally self-sufficient and doesn't benefit specific players, is it then allowed? Is the owner then allowed to play the bot sometimes? Where is the distinction drawn between a bot who is occassionally played by a real person, and a person who illegally macro's most of the time?

If the benefits to other players are totally random, and if the bot doesn't interfere with peoples' enjoyment of the game, will it generally be allowed? The ant bots seem to be along the same lines as I am thinking...

I think this kind of bot would be very nice; in my brief time here I've seen a number of people complaining about spawn spots being overcrowded.

Thanks,

Selb

I'd like to hear the communities feedback on this idea. This bot could potentially be either very good, or very bad. Plus, the concept of spawn sites as they are currently are faulty and are in the process of being changed, so the bot hanging a round a spawn and creating more doesn't work as well.

If it will be really self sufficient and no one will profit it and also it will have areas such like storages where

it will never summon - why not? Summoning Ant. :-D

Regards.

-wander between known, crowded spawn spots and summon some extra mobs if there are people standing around

I believe it's illegal to summon near crowded spaces. Or is that just storage and beam?

Other than that, I like it.

I kind of like this idea. The question is, what would it be limited to summoning?

It would likely need to have all the required Nexus points (for both Summoning and Harvesting for Life Ess) as well as having read all of the Books.

Would it just Summon Rabbits, Rats, Deers, Bears and Beavers or will it summon Skeletons, Gargoyles, and Fluffys too?

hmmm i don't like this idea... just another ANNOYING ASS BOT trying 2 steal your bag before you can even walk on it.....

i had an ant once that jumped my bag from the rat i killed before i could even walk onto it :S

it's that i can't say or do anything againts those ants... or they would be long gone by now...

anyways... plz no more bag collecting and/or wandering bots... they suck.. and they annoy!

The question is, what would it be limited to summoning?

Just the wee animals for now. If people like the bot and want it to summon bigger things, I can modify it to do that.

trying 2 steal your bag before you can even walk on it.

I'd only have it go into scavenging mode when it doesn't see any players around. You'd also be able to ask him to stop summoing and go away, and he'd comply.

plz no more bag collecting and/or wandering bots... they suck.. and they annoy!

I don't see what is intrinsically bad about them - they just need to be made more polite, no? I've found the wandering bots very entertaining so far.

I believe it's illegal to summon near crowded spaces.

*nods* I can always make it not summon in certain coordinate ranges (storage,beam), or if there are more than a certain number of visible actors.

Thanks for all the feedback. :(

Edited by Selberhad

Oh I like this idea. I've always found the Ants amusing.

Would it be possible to set the summong bot up to accept animal items in trade from players? So we have a place to dump unwanted animal parts and such?

ooh and maybe request that it summons things we'd like to see or kill.

And maybe in the spirit of the ants it could be named Ant_Summoner or something. =D

Yeah i'm babbling, i'll go away now....