Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wytter

Mapedit.ini

Greetings all,

I was wondering if you thought it'd be useful with a .ini-file for setting certain map editor variables (such as initial screen size etc.). If so, which variables would you like to be able to set in the map editor?

make it not automatically point to the "maps folder" when saving/opening

make browser close everytime you choose an object

Just updating a bit so I remember to implement them:

#video_mode
#close_browser_on_select
#show_position_on_minimap
#show_grid
#auto_save

I will check to see if I can accomodate with your first wish as well Mike :-)

Edited by Wytter

OK, I added the mapedit.ini for the map editor. Furthermore I fixed some bugs that were causing the map editor to crash.

You can get the new map editor at:

http://bjorn_mm.users.whitehat.dk/elc_patches/mapedit.exe

And the mapedit.ini is available both here:

http://bjorn_mm.users.whitehat.dk/elc_patches/mapedit.ini

And in CVS.

Notice the auto-save feature ;-) Just set it to 0 if you don't want it, otherwise it'll save ever n minute (specified by #auto_save = <time in minutes>) to Autosave.elm in your maps folder - if anything bad happens and the map editor segfaults you can always open that one.

Edited by Wytter

Autosave..that'll be useful, Thank you! :) But, Can you add an option to choose what it will name the file?

Edited by Hazor

Hazor - Sure, that can easily be done. Just didn't figure it'd be important what the file was called, you'd know it's an auto-save from the last map you worked on :)

Buuhan1 - There's no problems what-so-ever loading that map here. Perhaps you should redownload the game?

Edited by Wytter

it works fine in another other map editor, i suggestion you fix the errors and crashes in this

Like I said, I can't fix a bug that doesn't happen on my system. If I knew what caused this to happen I would've fixed it a long time ago ;)

#crash_ocassionaly = 1

#work = 0

#max_fps = 2

#wild_monkeys = 1

#radiation_burns = 1

#randomly_spaz_and_blow_up_computer = 1

#accidently_click_save_when_trying_to_open_your_map_so you_have_to_start_over = 1

LOL sorry but ehres a good one

#texture_detail = 1

1 high

2 medium

3 low

4 very low

Not quite the right thread, but it..fits enough, and making a new thread for such a small thing would be of little point; Can you make the grid height adjustable with a couple of buttons in the editor? and make the buttons changable in the .ini? :-P

Not quite the right thread, but it..fits enough, and making a new thread for such a small thing would be of little point; Can you make the grid height adjustable with a couple of buttons in the editor? and make the buttons changable in the .ini? :-P

Want it to follow the height of the object you're currently working with or should it be freely adjustable, or both?

Freely adjustable.

OK, will be in the next release.

Use +/- on your numpad to raise/lower it 0.1f

Edited by Wytter

Great =) Thanks!

Is the build with an ini for a linux system only?

Also, how about a quit confirmation when escape is pressed? I've lost hours of work from hitting it. Years of gtkradient made me too used to having the escape key deselect objects B)

And maybe a seperate save directory specified in the ini? It is just a little time consuming to keep switching back and forwards between the 2d texture directory and the maps directory. I constantly use both buttons.

Edited by Quall

No, that .exe is for Windows (Linux doesn't use .exe-files...). And the .ini is supported on all platforms, however the data directory is only supported on Linux.

Sure, a confirmation window when escape is pressed sounds like a good idea...

sry, I am not too familiar with linux. Anyways, hmm, anyone else get this popup error when trying to launch this map editor?

The procedure entry point UTF8Toisolat1 could not be located in the dynamic link library libml2.dll

I am using the dll from the release stated in the sticky. Perhaps there is a newer one? The old build works fine, so i can still work with that until I get this problem sorted.

Edited by Quall

Would it be possible to add these two things to the map editor please?

1. Make the statistic display (all those numbers and such at the bottom left) be in white instead of black? I can't see jack-crap when it's nightime, or when the display is over a dark texture.

2. Make it so Esc no longer exits the editor. It's a really bad thing to have there, accidents happen frequently. Or if you don't want to remove it as a quit button, could you have it autosave if it is pressed?

Thanks.

How about key configuration? Although, that is a pretty big request so I understand if it is a no.

The reason I ask is because I use a laptop. Some of the keys are placed differently. For example, my delete key is in the top right corner and my insert key is next to the spacebar. To move an object up and down, I have to use those keys which are place somewhat of a distance apart.

Rather, how about you assign the alt+arrow (non number pad) keys to mimik the ctrl+insert/delete and the ctrl+pageup/pagedown keys. Something like:

Alt+up/down arrow = ctrl+insert/delete

Alt+left/right = ctrl+pageup/page down

That way, all object control will be with the arrow keys.