Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nidan

Do You Hit Your Computer?

Do you ever abuse your computer physically?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever abuse your computer physically?

• Well i did throw my mouse through the room once
    • Oh yes, i hit the screen constantly, i even banged my head against it one time, but the computer won
    • Yes, i kick my computer all over the place, that'll teach it!
    • Yes! Computers R Teh EbuL!!!11~ I chose all of the above!
    • No computers are my friend
    • My computer beats ME up all the time!
    • I would, if only i wasnt such a wimp :'(
    • I am a dumbass and have no opinion

Poor computers, according to this German scientist a lot of people are behaving aggressively against their computers, they throw with the mouse, hit the screen and kick the case. I am wondering if EL players are as violent as the rest of the worlds population :)

http://www.mbrinks.de/Abstract_eng.pdf

Edited by Nidan

I tend to hit or kick mine, often enough...

Edited by Hazor

lol, i hit my computer often.

Once hit it with my head but that was because i fell asleep behind my computer. :o

i dont. my roomate does. it scares me sometime how violent is he towards it. All is quiet and then suddenly BANG!! roomate: u stupid piece of #$%"#$ "#$$ "#3 i pwn u "#%$#3 :o

My computer abuses me!!

No realy i swear!! I go to replace the stupid power suplie (on my 3rd one dont ask) and the damn case bites me (well it pinched my finger till it bleed alot)

and thats not all ite reall... oh wait it can hear me... oh crud HELP!!!!!

We have my friend on tape...erm, how can I put this so it won't appear as vulgar as it really is?.....banging...the keyboard. He is embarassed greatly by it, as you would be to o :lol:

...And I'm not joking. I really have the tape.

Edited by crusadingknight

i only abuse the school computers because they are too slow to be usable i usaly just throw the mouse and smash the keyboard :unsure:

my home computer is my fwiend even though its too slow to play a game like city of heros its good enough for el and internet browsing

hmm maybe ill make a game called city of heroine... :D

no but sometimes i hit entropy :unsure:

u go girl :lol:

My girlfriend slams my mouse on the table sometimes.

no no no YOU go girl!!!

wish my spouse would play with my mouse. :unsure:

EDIT: Sorry for the vulgarity...regressed to the good ol' college days

Edited by Quinticus

Computer friend...if windows dosen't work I say oh well to my mom and boot up Linux :D (whcih i use more than wwindows anyways...I need to fidn that stupid Offic 2000 disk thou...I need FrontPage on my linux partition <_< ..atleast Photoshop is working :D)

Oh yeah...I do dream of smashing computers with slege hammers thou :D WooT! Slege Hammers!

I hit my computer every time it freezes. Right under the ventilation holes under the side of the case, there is the main disk thingy. When it freezes, I hit that. The computer goes BEEEEERGH! BEEEEERGH! and then works fine. How come hitting it always works?

Computer friend...if windows dosen't work I say oh well to my mom and boot up Linux :D (whcih i use more than wwindows anyways...I need to fidn that stupid Offic 2000 disk thou...I need FrontPage on my linux partition <_< ..atleast Photoshop is working :D)

Oh yeah...I do dream of smashing computers with slege hammers thou :D WooT! Slege Hammers!

Muppet :o

Using Frontpage is like using a baseball bat to stir a salad.

Click here you retarded hermaphrodite

[sorry for offtopic, i just got frustrated]

No, I treat my computer with kindness and respect, and it doesn't usually crash on me. *Hugs his computer.*

Muppet tongue.gif

Using Frontpage is like using a baseball bat to stir a salad.

Click here you retarded hermaphrodite

[sorry for offtopic, i just got frustrated]

LOL...lets get soemthign straight here...I use DREAMWEAVER for designing my pages and only use Front Page for quick small changes in pages...it's convient and the only reason I use it...otherwise I hate it...it creates horrible pages uncompatable in Firefox soemtimes, crashes, is horrible, made by microsoft, etc....

You show me a program that will allow me to quickly edit pages by just loggin in like FTP and double clicking and quickly editing and i''ll happily dump Frontpage ;-)

i'll see if bluefish does that...

EDIT: To continue my lsit of why Frontpage stinks...it dosen't support PHP :o , it poorly integreats objects, it's crashes....billgates....umm....did i say it was made by microsoft?

EDIT: Ok..dont' ask me why...yes i know it's stupid...but I perfer editing thigns directly ont he server and that is why I use Frontpage...i just have thigns auto backed up eveyr night.

EDIT 3:

Support for remote files using gnome-vfs (depending on your gnome-vfs setup, you'll have FTP, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, WebDAV, Samba and more)

mmm...thsi may be what I want...WooT! now i dont' ahve to worrya bout finding that stupid Office Disk :D

Customizable syntax highlighting based on Perl Compatible regular expressions, with subpattern support and default patterns for

* HTML

* PHP

* C

* Java

* JavaScript

* Java server pages (JSP)

* SQL

* XML

* Python

* Perl

* Cascading stylesheets (CSS)

* ColdFusion

* Pascal

* R

* Octave/Matlab

Synax Highllighting...WooT! i love this program already...consider it already on my slack partion :D

EDIT: Oh..this stinks...it's an awesome program but the whoel reason i use Frontpage is for quick updates...I will admit this programw ould be great for doign my hacks on scripts and modifiing thigns...but when I just need to change a little text ons oem page (most of my pages are static...like 10 static pages and then the 100 dynamic pages....the static pages are kind of dynmaic but whatever...). I just like having a WYSIWYG interface for doign a quick updat elike that...

Edited by chatterbug89

lets give chatterbug a big round of applause,i have never seen a post with that many edits *claps*

hmm, I have been known to use the russian mechanical method in fixing my desktop (i.e. beating it with whatever large blunt instrument is lying around) but my notepad requires a much more delicate touch... I use the steel toe boots for that... perhaps that's why it isn't working right now :o and why I can't get on EL...

Just maybe... *EL withdrawl convulsions*

anyone seen my boots???

~E.S.

Those who talk to me know I'm always in a struggle with my computer.

It's annoys me on purpose, I know it.

<_<