Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cicero

Don't Click Teh B34rs

What would you give up to have auto harvesting on the server?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. What would you give up to have auto harvesting on the server?

• Harvesting speed (once every 2 secs)
    • Harvesting speed (required level / 4 secs)
    • Harvesting speed (other, please specify)
    • Increased difficulty in harvesting
    • More bad events
    • My left kidney
    • Nothing
    • I don't care, I macro harvest all day
    • Other (please specify)

Just wondering. In case, you know . . . we were going to put this in . . . or something. Just hypothetically, of course . . .

I use an autoharvester anyway. And if you had an autoharvester built into the official client, there would be a lot more afk macro harvesting.

EDIT: Grr you posted before me. Oh well, press alt-enter to go fullscreen. You can just sell that kidney on eBay or something...

Edited by goatsgomoo

Yeah, but it would be LEGAL afk macro harvesting. If you can't stop it, tax it and legalize it. Selling a kidney on Ebay. I tried it, cost me 30 cents beacuse it would cost them too much in shipping.

Edited by freeone3000

I unpinned the other one and pinned this one up. This is now the new Poll of the Week.

-Lyn-

EDIT: By the way, before things become more confused, I think you'd better distinguish between autoclicker harvesting and macroing, Cicero.

Edited by Lyanna

I unpinned the other one and pinned this one up. This is now the new Poll of the Week.

-Lyn-

EDIT: By the way, before things become more confused, I think you'd better distinguish between autoclicker harvesting and macroing, Cicero.

Yeah, macro is when it sends the ID of the harvestable item to the server. (Or something like that.) Anyway, why was the other one locked. (You were talking about the item wipe thread, right?)

No, I was talking about the "What Features do you want" thread... it was almost 1 week, anyway.

-Lyn-

I'd prefer (req_level>>2)*1000 ms per harvest :-)

Edited by Wytter

Is the (req_level>>2)*1000 ms

required level less than 2 times 1000 milliseconds

or

required level divided by 2 times 1000 milliseconds?

Neither. It's bit-shifted right by two, which is the same as dividing by 4. He's just being a smart-ass. :)

Seems I am an idiot because didn't underestood WTH is that about.

Learner told me that simply autoclicker functionality will be server side and it will turn off actions such

like mixing while harvesting which can a little kill macroing that I think is brilliant idea.

Regards.

Would the people who want to keep sending automated clicks back and forth over the network, when they could just as well be done on the server be willing to pay the bandwidth bill?

I would not be surprised if these automated clicks are 50% of the total bandwidth used.

I use a auto clicker to save my hand from killing me worse than it is...lol... but just got non afk hav..... and watch dvd's and tv as i play... so never really gets boring hav. to me....

Well, if autoclicking uses so much bandwith now it is important to developers, game administrators to make server side autoclicker. Seems that it can lower the load on the server... And for normal players there can be no difference between client side and server side. Who pays for ampunt of send/received data theese days? So... they can at last choose the penalty ;D

But what if somebody will stil use client side autoclicker ?

Would the people who want to keep sending automated clicks back and forth over the network, when they could just as well be done on the server be willing to pay the bandwidth bill?

I would not be surprised if these automated clicks are 50% of the total bandwidth used.

It isn't only the clicks, its the harvest messages as well. Even if you ignore them, they are still being sent to your system. Under the new serverside harvesting, you only get a harvest start and a harvest stop message.

Some french guys pay currently. I don't think they care that much, but try turning it around: If we transmit half the data per player, we can have twice as many players before exhausting the bandwidth we currently have.

And the second question, once the server autoclicker is in place, the rules will no longer need to have an exception for autoclickers for harvest, which will make the rules make much more sense ("why can I use my autoclicker for harvesting, but not for making serps?" vs "oh, having the computer do the work is cheating").

Harvesting speed (required level / 4 secs)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that is what i want REQUIRED LEVEL back

Please and thanks :P