Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SlyEagle

Error

gcc.exe: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1': No such file or directory

make.exe: *** [3d_objects.o] Error 1

Execution terminated

i tried to compile the client and got one error, could someone help me out here?

Edited by SlyEagle

Quote #441852 is pending moderation.

Regards.

On the website...download the one with MinGW, not just the Dev-Cpp IDE (It's just a GUI).

hmmmm, thats the one i got. Maybe it got corrupted?

My enviroment var path isnt the default, dev-c++ doesnt use path does it?

Well, in some means it does...explain more.

hmmmm, thats the one i got. Maybe it got corrupted?

My enviroment var path isnt the default, dev-c++ doesnt use path does it?

Well, in some means it does...explain more.

On your system, you have enviroment variables. The one called path is used when a file can not be found. The program will look to path for a directory and search for the program in there.

I had to change my path for another program i use. I'm not sure when i changed path, but dev-c++ has spit out compiling errors before, so i do believe dev-c++ could compile programs at one point. Maybe when i changed path or another enviroment var it effected the compiler?

On your system, you have enviroment variables. The one called path is used when a file can not be found. The program will look to path for a directory and search for the program in there.

Duh. No need to be rude.

I had to change my path for another program i use. I'm not sure when i changed path, but dev-c++ has spit out compiling errors before, so i do believe dev-c++ could compile programs at one point. Maybe when i changed path or another enviroment var it effected the compiler?

Let me rephrase the question:

Where is Dev-Cpp installed (directory), and what is your current path

I'm sorry if that came off as rude. All i want to know is if dev-c++ uses path, and you said in a way it does, so i thought you may not be talking about the same path variable as me.

Now that i know you know what path is...

My path is c:\program files\prog\dir\dir, it is in no way tied to dev c++. Its no longer in c:\windows\system32 or the prefetch dir.

Dev-Cpp is in its own folder on the c:

Edited by SlyEagle

Hrm...so C:\dev-Cpp\bin isn't on your path, nor is C:\Windows\SYstem32? (I may have mis-read that).

Personally, I have C:\Dev-Cpp\bin as the first in my path, so I can use gcc from the command line, and ensure there are no conflicts.

well you have ovbiously buggered somthing up. It would probably be easiest to unistall it, re-download it and install it again (to the default paths).

Thanks Kzar, its fixed now...the only bad news is, i have 207 errors to figure out lol

The 207 errors are from lack of libraries and headers. They'll go away once you have:

OpenGL (included w/dev-cpp)

OpenAL

SDL

LibXML2

LibOgg/Vorbis

:ph34r:

Thanks, i looked at the websites givin for the librarys, but all of them seem to not be very clear on what you need to download. Is there a place where i can get them all at once?

EDIT - nevermind, i have them all, but i guess they arent being included properly? I have, under project options -> directorys, the paths to them in library directories and include directorys.

Edited by SlyEagle