Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

New Manufacturing System

Well, I generally like the idea of making it a little more complicate and Lengthy but I just don't like having all the little things. I mean, there's just too many little things going on at the same time and it really does require so much devotion and concentration! If this game was an All Encompassing, Virtual Reality Game that player's can totally immerse themselves then making everything so precise would be perfect but players are partly playing the game, partly Interacting with the Community, and, for some, living their lives and doing their business around their own homes.

Having to use all the Tools is fine. Requiring a Blacksmith is perfect. But there really is no reason to having it so detailed. It’s just unnecessary. Imagine someone Lagging out while making Manufacturing. Or they have to step away from the computer for various reasons.

One humble oppinion - leave the basic swords as they are and use this new idea for special weapons. Who dares to spend 15 minutes (make it 30) and take the risk of losing all the RARE ingredients because...well... the fire wasn't hot enough... let them have their uber-weapon. The rest of us will watch in awe...

Idea - make it a "two player" job. One hitting the iron, the other keeping the fire going... ^_^

Edited by shanga

Yes, most likely, the weaponry and armor being sold by the current blacksmiths will still be available through those means. However, if you choose to make your own equipment instead of buying them - well, that's a risk you have to take. And for those that aren't sold by the NPCs at all... :ph34r:

-Lyn-

Customizable weapons. Finally! I have wanted for a long time this quarterstaff with daggers on the end, maybe poison them, something like that.

Learning by doing should be added to every skill. It is already in fighting, more or less. What exactly would be an uber-weapon? Titanium serpent and up? Start when they begin to degrade instead of breaking, at steel two edged? Have special abilities, like a thermal steel two edge or a magic titanium serp?

Great Idea. One thing Id like to suggest is objects having a quality factor rather than breaking right away. Like the more times you strike your blade when forging it, the higher grade it is. But each time you strike it to make it "stronger" you have a bigger chance of breaking the whole thing. Of course Higher skilled manufacturers would be able to strike their blades more with less chance of breaking it. The power of the strike and temperature all coming into play here.

As for the grade of the swords, the poorer the greater the chance of it breaking/damaging in combat. Have slight difference in ammount of damage it casues. The high grade weapons should always decrease also, at a much slower rate. This is already a factor with damaged/second-hand items but it should more fine tuned. Such as in battle, you get a message saying your sword has been chipped and the quality has been decreased by 1 or something. Not getting that fixed will just further the chances of it lessening quality. Sharpness could be a factor as well. The duller your sword is, the weaker or less quality it becomes. There could be a guage that shows sharpness which always goes down when the sword is used. A higher grade weapon going down slower of course. That would make all weapons more commonly used. Who wants to dull up their uber-serp on a beaver? Weapons could be sharpened for a fee by an npc or something but only so many times. Eventually You have sharpened your sword enough and the blade is too small. Well then youve got a tit short :) or it can be recycled into a bar of whatever material it was made of. The handles could be re-used but not infinite times. Eventually they become worn, weak, cracked, and maybe break even. A chip in the blade or something could be filled somehow. Lets say you buy a weapon with an extremely high quality blade, but has a moderately weak handle. If attaching handles is part of the manu process then the handle can be upgraded by a skilled handle attacher guy..err whatever..the possibilities for this are great and would add a much funner perspective to weapons. At least I think so. Hey this could tie into alchemy to, the grade of bars made.

The only problem I see to this is having the server track this mass ammount of weapons and all of their qualities/histories.

Let me know what you think

Edited by Gnome

Guest RustedSpork

hmm... the manufacturing process sounds a lot like the way u make that black sword in U7

It would be really nice to be able to repair weapons/armour, and to smelt them down into bars again...

Harvesting can be so exceptionally boring, and takes even MORE time now with the constant teleporting. The ability to repair/smelt at higher levels of manu would be so much more helpful - especially as Tankel is so rubbish at repairing :)

Also repairing and smelting could give a very small amount of XP, compared to the larger gain for originally making items.

If the forges are to be implemented, it would be helpful if there were quite a few of them, as they would become overly populated and too laggy otherwise?

Personally, I'm not fond of the idea of needing 2 people to make one item - this means that the more solitary players would be unable to manufacture items, for lack of available partner.

The idea of long-time-to-manufacture items giving more XP is great, as long as any disconnection just stops manufacture at the point reached, and doesn't need the item restarting over from scratch - a little bit like how books work, perhaps?

Quote (Roja)
Our purposes are not to only make it take longer, but as i've said before, to make the game more fun to play.

If it is the fun-factor you are after, you have to make the reward big enough to see the fun in spending 10 or so minutes to make one item.

You misunderstand...the "Fun Factor" must come in DOING, not only in the reward..the reward is just a bonus. If you do something you love irl, you do it because you love DOING it, of course you love getting the end result too, but it kinda sucks to get that result if you dont' like/love the process.

Now sure I don't think we'll be able ot make it THAT fun, but i was just tryng to make my point :)

What i meant by reward wasn't simply money and/or experience points. The reward I was thinking of was the 'fun-factor', which should be in correlation to the effort involved. What i mean is that if you device a new system for manufacturing it should also be more rewarding than the current system.

And I think this RL/game-thing is getting confusing.

In RL we play this game - this game should be more like RL (according to you) because it would be more fun to make it more realistic - if the game eventually emulates RL in these aspects, what's the point in spending time here when you can do it 'for real' so to speak?

It is not that hard to sign up for a class/course in metal smithing, and given time you could for sure try your hands at making a sword, if that is what you want to do.

But, again, this is a game, you don't actually get to see that sword, you only get to see a new picture in your inventory. And it would be the very same as you saw before, the difference bing it takes a whole lot more time to get the same result.

You misunderstand...the "Fun Factor" must come in DOING, not only in the reward..the reward is just a bonus. If you do something you love irl, you do it because you love DOING it, of course you love getting the end result too, but it kinda sucks to get that result if you dont' like/love the process.

Now sure I don't think we'll be able ot make it THAT fun, but i was just tryng to make my point :)

What i meant by reward wasn't simply money and/or experience points. The reward I was thinking of was the 'fun-factor', which should be in correlation to the effort involved. What i mean is that if you device a new system for manufacturing it should also be more rewarding than the current system.

The fun-factor in the current manufacturing/harvesting system is zero. It's just click click click click click. No wonder people use macroing, and even for those of us who don't, it is not unusual to do something not EL-related, with one hand at the computer doing the click click click click click stuff. The only purpose is the rewards, experience for those who cares, and items for the rest of us.

Making it more realistic would be one improvement, and reducing the amount of click click click click click would be another huge improvement.

The fun-factor in the current manufacturing/harvesting system is zero. It's just click click click click click.

Ok, sho what is this then?

Quote from Roja

:player clicks on forge to start using it... OR... pay the owner(NPC)Blacksmith a small fee to rent his forge.

:player clicks on forge & the "thermometer"* will come up in the corner of the screen telling you what the fire is like(how hot/cold).

:player puts coal(a few pieces) on forge by USEING** coal object and clicking on forge.

:player lights fire with fire essence maybe?

:player USES bellows object on forge to make fire hot(thermometer starts to rise)

-you'd keep using the bellows until the fire reaches a certain temperature. The temperature will then fall if you don't use the bellows(maybe 1 step every 5 seconds or so or maybe it can drop semi-randomly)

:player USES metal piece on forge--metal pieces needs X seconds/minutes to heat up. Metal bar will actually show itself on the forge so that it can be picked up later.

:player continues to use bellows to keep fire steady until metal comes to it's correct temperature for hammering(server will send messages stating how the metal is OR another temperature icon for the metal can be made)

:player clicks on metal bar and it is now in the USE item spot

:player clicks to USE anvil(metal bar goes on anvil)

:player Uses hammer on the metal bar(clicking several times, server sends a message each time saying things like "good hit!" "you missed and hit the anvil" "you hit too hard and shattered your blade!", etc...)

:player puts metal bar back on forge after the metal cools down too much to be hammered anymore

:player uses bellows to get fire hot again, also might have to add more coal(server can send random messages "you need more coal on the fire" "all coal is used up"

Seems like A LOT more click click click. And if the fun factor of click click is zero, will more click click make it more fun?

Seems like A LOT more click click click. And if the fun factor of click click is zero, will more click click make it more fun?

Looks like a lot more than just clicking to me. The way I understand Rojas suggestions, it would not be possible to make a sword without looking at the screen. It would actually take some interaction with different objects.

Way different from the current system, where as soon as the mouse cursor is over the Mix button, you could actually let your parrot do the clicking.

Hi all,

Another newbie prompted by this discussion to sign up & add some thoughts :huh:

Note: I've used weapons as a catch-all to make this slightly more readable, however, armour is included.

I like the idea of making the manufacturing a bit more realistic, however, I have to agree with not making too complex, as this could be off-putting to newbies.

From everything that's been posted so far, I like the ideas of making weapons more customisable, even if it's just having a different design from everyone else - you could have a set of Guild Blades, weapons allocated to the fighters of your guild for acts of valour (on a Role-playing front).

Also the idea of team work to assist in building the weapons - makes it another good reason for joining a guild - available assistance in manufacturing.

Well, here's my thoughts on some alternative options that could be used:

1) No work....

Provide fuel, the fire ess & materials, take to blacksmith. Pay blacksmith x% of value of blade for producing the weapon. No work involved by PC, so no (or v.low % chance) loss of materials, but no XP gain either. Would be a way for fighter-driven chars to gain weapons/armour without having to gain high levels in manufacturing.

2) Some work....

As per Option 1, but with the option to assist the blacksmith. Would lessen the chance of materials etc. breaking n & being lost. PC would gain a limited amount of XP (learning from a master), however, would have to stay at the forge for a specified amount of time. Could have a bar on the forge that fills up as the weapon nears completion (gives the easily bored something to look at!)

3) All the work....

Basically pay a set fee for loan of the forge. Make the weapon by yourself. Gain all the XP, but increased chance of weapon breaking during the process.

4) All the work, but with assistants...

As per 3) but additional PC's can assist. Suggest max of 2 assistants, of lower Manufacture level (apprenticing). XP is split dependent on skill levels - lower levels would gain more, but increase the chance of things failing.

Other bits n Pieces

The possibility for guilds to purchase their own forge. Would negate the set fee for the loan each time.

If more materials are supplied than needed, would decrease the chance of the weapon breaking (spares!), but would increase the overall time.

Customisation of a blade to increase the time/expense/materials involved, and depending on the level of customisation, could increase the opportunity for the blade to break.

I has say I think idea with whole seem it would be lot fun to me. Personal I think problem with this game is that too it much click click click in it.

Most of the games of this type suffer from click-click-click problem, so to say. In Runescape they introduced higher grade picks, which strike multiple times, but imho that isn't such a great solution.

The way to break the monotony would be to make the quality of the weapon dependant on:

1. Forging - quality of ingredients

I'd stress the need for special metals. Because before going to the blacksmith, you need a forge to create a metal rod (anyone played Gothic?). That special metal bar could have it's own story - meaning...

a. you either buy it from special NPCs for a shamefull amount of cash

b. you gather the ingredients and have the NPC make it for you, but for a hefty sum.

c. you gather the ingredients, pay the NPC to teach you to forge it and give it a try yourself (more risky and most rewarding in EXP and financially)

2. Smithing - being focused

For smithing you shouldn't need to click continuosly, but you need to click EXACTLY at the proper time. The higher the level of the weapon you are going for, the tighter the margin of error (from 60 seconds to 1-2 seconds). The best blades should be be obtained only at extremely high temperatures. For example, you can add the essence or special runes only when the fire is at 2000 degrees - and that happens for 2 seconds in 15 minutes. If you fail, the blade is compromised, meaning you get a regular sword and you lose the special item you added. Ouch!

Same options as above should be available (paying a NPC).

3. Working the bellows - cooperation

Here we can have one helper. He can be NPC, but in such case he must be payed and his work quality is...well... dependant on the purse. If you are cheap, you'll get only aprentices who will make it very difficult for you (for example, instead of a window of 60 seconds for that superhigh temperature, you only get 10 seconds). If you have a friend to help, he should add the coal and work the bellows for you for 15-30 minutes, so make sure you make good and patient friends in EL. :huh:

PS: To get rid of the abundance of clicks in harvesting, two things should be done, imho:

a. make resources limited and expiring (a bush can only produce X many flowers in a day...)

b. limit the need for large ammounts of resources and reward inventivity & work (if I sell 1000 lumps of iron to the store, i get much less cash compared to selling a refined product like bars, rods, etc - and make this valid for all levels, even for noobs).

Edited by shanga

The fun-factor in the current manufacturing/harvesting system is zero. It's just click click click click click.

Ok, sho what is this then?

Quote from Roja

:player clicks on forge to start using it... OR... pay the owner(NPC)Blacksmith a small fee to rent his forge.

:player clicks on forge & the "thermometer"* will come up in the corner of the screen telling you what the fire is like(how hot/cold).

:player puts coal(a few pieces) on forge by USEING** coal object and clicking on forge.

:player lights fire with fire essence maybe?

:player USES bellows object on forge to make fire hot(thermometer starts to rise)

-you'd keep using the bellows until the fire reaches a certain temperature. The temperature will then fall if you don't use the bellows(maybe 1 step every 5 seconds or so or maybe it can drop semi-randomly)

:player USES metal piece on forge--metal pieces needs X seconds/minutes to heat up. Metal bar will actually show itself on the forge so that it can be picked up later.

:player continues to use bellows to keep fire steady until metal comes to it's correct temperature for hammering(server will send messages stating how the metal is OR another temperature icon for the metal can be made)

:player clicks on metal bar and it is now in the USE item spot

:player clicks to USE anvil(metal bar goes on anvil)

:player Uses hammer on the metal bar(clicking several times, server sends a message each time saying things like "good hit!" "you missed and hit the anvil" "you hit too hard and shattered your blade!", etc...)

:player puts metal bar back on forge after the metal cools down too much to be hammered anymore

:player uses bellows to get fire hot again, also might have to add more coal(server can send random messages "you need more coal on the fire" "all coal is used up"

I cannot agree more.

Leeloo - there is alot of mindless clicking now, i agree, but it does require to watch the screen. The new system would add more mindless clicking ( interaction with scree? heat drops below desired lvl - u click something is just like food drops - u click on food ). It would make it more complicated and boring to manuers (at least major part of them that i know .... ummm all except ogerawa ?) and encourage ppl to use macros

If you don't want manu to involve lot of mindless clicking, make it so single weapon takes much more ingreds and/or tools to make (= much more time and attention of player) but gives ALOT more xp (1000 for steel shield, 5000 for serp for example)

This game is oriented on fighters atm. It's easier to fight than make. You're not bothered with harvesting, making various components from raw materials (dealing with failure rate), making final items ( failure rate again ), walking back and forth to mines, storages, Baostas ... (with your smaller-than fighters-have load).You can stop training at any time without loosing stuff in bag. You don't have to care about new harvest hours. You can get weapons, armors, books and cash from monsters (when i was fighter before stats wipe out i was earning more money from monster drops [7-20gc per ogre] that i could spend). If you put some effort in lvling alch and potions to ~30 lvl you are basicaly self-sufficient.

Given those facts it's nothing unusual that majority of players shooses way of fighter. And it's nothing unusual that they like ideas of complicating makers lifes. I'd like to know how many of those ppl who posted here that they like Roja's idea are actually manuers ...

As someone said here, makers must be more important and needed to have real fun from playing. Monsters should drop books (sorry Lynn) and serp stones, but not weapons and armor. this way fighters would have to rely on makers as makers already rely on fighters

I cannot agree more.

There is no way to get rid of clicking in a game(or pressing keys on the keyboard, etc..). Right now, I think that the fun factor is zero, and i think that the majority agree.

After spending 10 mind blowing minutes reading all of the things in this thread I would like to start out by addressing a personal pet-peve of mine:

If you are going to take the time to reply to a suggestion in a negative way, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, make a usefull suggestion on why it wouldn't work or how it may be made better. It is after all a suggestion, suggestions are meant to be refined, saying that it sucks or that you don't like it will not in the least bit be helpful in shaping it into a feasible idea, suitable for the game.

Having said that, several people have harped on two key areas which I have concern with, 1) monsters still drop a finish product at a rate which is inconsistent with the time it currently takes to manufacture an item, adding this would make the time difference far greater... 2) the amount of experience for manufacturing an item is as it is already off for current levels, again, adding this increased time and effort would make the time to level grow worse.

Suggestions for fixing these two concerns of mine: 1) Like most people have said, remove dropped products from monsters, or at least complete products, perhaps they can drop finished blades or hilts, but the adding of the two would require a manufacturer. 2) Add an effect which mirrors combat, swinging at a blade, much like hitting a MOB would be hit or miss, hitting would yeild experience, missing would not... so spending 10 minutes hitting a blade, would depending on the blade yeild a worthy amount of experience for the effort. 3) off hand comment, Make level REQUIREMENTS not recommendations, while I like the current system for its ease of use, it is counter-productive in balancing out an economy to allow all users to be able to make items just because they have the materials...

More later, I have to go to work.

~E.S.

This is a really long post. It is, however, on topic, I think.

I think this suggestion for manu is a great one, with a few caveats:

1) Any n00b with a grinding stone and a bit of patience can turn a bar of iron into a sword. This is how most swords were made in the beginning of the iron age. Ground blanks. These are, obviously, low quality, but easy to make so newer folks can get in on the manufacturing process. The sword becomes a sharpened crowbar, as many swords were IRL back in the day. Similarly, a blank of iron could be hammered out into a breastplate or set of greaves. no biggie, but lots of pounding for a crummy product. Drawn wire for chain is a bit tougher to produce, but much more durable, and will turn weapons better than pig iron, while not reducing crushing injuries (bites and axe/hamme blows).

2) Alloys and special metals require not only some special knowledge (books), but special equipment. This could be rented from NPCs, or bought at great expence for a guild house (hint to Devs on revenue generation :P ) There were very few quality swords made by experienced smiths. Even some of the best and most famous (Damascus or Japanese Samurai types) were relatively rare for the longest time as recipies and techniques were closely guarded, and manufacture times were so long and complicated. These types of weapons should not be available to npcs, and should be removed from the game if sold to NPCs (excluding guild bots) .

3) The actual process for manufacturing items (weaps / armour / whatever) should be comprised of different processes and skills, allowing players to level one (for assists in uber-quality items) or to level many for the soloists like me (taking more time). Players should be able to take ore to the NPC blacksmith (only 1 or 2 in game) and get blanks / bars. They pay through the nose for it though. Similarly, they pay to get these blanks turned into basic iron items. For non-crafters, this gives them a source of basic kit that they can use for the early levels. No EXP is awarded for this process aside from what they get harvesting materials. More advanced players, or n00b crafters can pay to use the smithy, at a much reduced rate, and be able to create items. The amount payed should be like food usage, time and activity dependant. Money payed to NPCs is taken out of play. Smithys, of course, would have no need to buy finished goods.

4) Guilds who have payed for the privilidge of having a guild hall can have tho option to add a smithy for an extra price. This smithy can then be used in manufacturing and also to rent to players outside the guild (if so inclined) to make some $ for the guild.

5) Repairs of items should be relatively inexpensive at the lower levels, and almost as much as the original item for the uber-items. This encourages players to care for their goods, much as was necessary IRL. DONT use a super mega needlessly 1337 item to hack apart a bunny rabbit. Use your boot or a crowbar. Repairs should follow the same rules as the manufacture with the exception that NPC smithys should not be able to repair all items. Owning a great item is as much a responsability and chore as it is a status symbol.

6) Do not get caught up in the actual details of the manufacturing process. Adding steps in, and splitting up the necessary skills to produce the item, as well as making it location and time dependant will ensure that those less committed will not become master crafters. A time bar, like reading the books, is more feasable than trying to click at the proper time (look at the range of pings and tell me that this will be fair to all players). The success rate should be like any other skill, you can make the item, fail to make it, or screw it up completely and lose the ingredients. The higher the level of item, the more chance to either make it or lose it all (more on that in a sec).

7) Re-using materials. Any time that a metal is processed, it changes. For the lowest level items, the changes are negligable, and almost always reversable. you may get some crystalyzation or matrixing on the sharpened edge, but that is doubtful. The second that you reheat and quench an iron blade, you not only improve the quality (or shatter it) but you change the metal structure (inducing crystals and aligning the atoms) This does not easily led itself to re-use. Therefore, the lowest level items with relatively little in the way of manufacturing should be re-processable. This is easier on the n00bs. Most processed exotics are once-offs. the metal is stressed and changed so much that it cannot be realistically rendered into components using the technology (or magic) of the game / time. Thus, the most advanced items cannot be re-melted to the original components and then re-used. This paralels RL closely enough, and also makes it tougher to hold on to the status symbol items.

8) All of this is useless unless the uber-items last a LOT longer than the n00b items. If there are still swords in mint condition around now that were made over 500 years ago, there is no reason that the best of the items made in EL should not last for a REALLY long time. That said, extended use will extract a price. One solution would be that the more useage the item sees, the higher the possibility of breakage. Repairing should attenuate this, but not restore items to new. Thus, the more you repair an item, the lower the top end of its lifespan. Like the sword that eventually is sharpened to a dagger.

9) Do not worry if the process for great items is too complex for the n00bs or casual gamers. The best smiths spent their entire lives dedicated to the art. The best items should come from the players most willing and able to dedicate the time to the skills required. Again, by splitting up the required skills needed to produce the items, teams of players can level certain skills and co-operate to make uber-items. This will foster a close community for the makers, as well as adding benefits for joining and working in a clan.

10) Forging, smithing, repairing and all of the related activities should all happen under one roof, and ideally out of sight. Again, either give a player a time to do the activity, or a time that the NPC will need for it. I hate the thought of making it click-dependant, but there should be some sort of activity assosciated with the actual making of the items. This prevents players from setting up a process and then going for a nap. The activity should not require any skill on the part of the player, only on the part of the character. No clicking at a specific time. Instead, maybe add ingredients at a prompt. Example:

Add 2 FE, 5 coal

(pause)

Add 10 iron ore

(pause)

Add 2 FE, 5 coal

Iron bar ready.

That is a simple example that may only take a number of seconds.

For a moddable Tit serp, it may take several minutes with a few hundred units of different materials. This is just for the basic sword. For the handle and such, you need another step. (hilts were either wrapped at the lower end or riveted at the higher end. Riveting can shatter the blade of done improperly. wrapping is simple enough that a chipmunk could probably do it.) For Mods, make it like making a medalion, only much more so. Again, you are looking at success sometimes, failure most times untill your skill is silly-high, or in the rare instance a backfire that makes all your work for nothing. HAHAHA! No soup for you!

I will keep thinking about this, and probably add more as time goes by. Needless to say, the additions will be much shorter ;)

C ya in game

1) monsters still drop a finish product at a rate which is inconsistent with the time it currently takes to manufacture an item, adding this would make the time difference far greater... 2) the amount of experience for manufacturing an item is as it is already off for current levels, again, adding this increased time and effort would make the time to level grow worse.

These 2 things WILL be fixed when we balance the system.

Swiss,

I like your ideas! :P

And for the record, I'm not opposed to changes in the manufacturing system, but I do think that changes should be for the good and fun of the game. And not some scheme to make it more realistic or to prevent macroers from doing their routine.

I do think that changes should be for the good and fun of the game.

That's exactly what we're trying to accomplish, I wouldn't even think of anything else :P

And not some scheme to make it more realistic or to prevent macroers from doing their routine.

This will make it a lot more interesting and prevent macroers at the same time. Unless you have something for macroers.

I didn't really read it all, but from what i can gather.

-Manu levels dont' mean anything anymore, just as long as you can click this and that at the right time????

-Macroing is nearly impossible with a random system

-prices of tit chains, serps, and iron plate will skyrocket so perhaps n00bs will not be able to get them? maybe i dn't know for a fact

-this will not be needed for pants/gloves and such so the level can be increased still by the old means.

-stops items price from falling

from what i saw.

You need to be an experience blacksmith if you want to make such an uber weapon. That means reading books AND having high manufacturing skills. It would be ridiculous to have a newbie make a super-duper sword in the first day of playing... Actually the suggestion was to implement this new system for uber-weapons (read: experienced players) in the beginning and extend it later, in a simplified form and if it works.

And yes, the timed click won't work because of the lag. But here's another idea (much more moderate): keep just the high temperature. So for:

1. warrior weapons (regular weapos with higher durability and damage) - keep the fire going for 1 minute.

2. master weapons (like samurai swords) - keep the fire going for 5 mins

3. uber weapons ( magic weapons) - keep the fire going for 10 mins, allow 1 minute for rune/essence insertion.

Higher level crafters can benefit from bonuses as: reduction of time needed, better quality blades, etc.

Also don't forget the other parts of the weapon (the handle), which can vary and add new and surprising/random bonuses to it.

In conclusion: all the player would need to do is to be patient, well trained and focused. And click once in a while...

Edited by shanga

As Much as I Agree entirely with Dent's Views on the subject, I just have to say TOO MUCH DETAIL!! And Yet, He's entirely right. That's basically how it should be to make it adequately realistic without having it perfect.

But in all Honesty, the Manufacturing System is by far not the greatest concern in this game, especially since these proposed changes seam only to really regard Swords and, to a lesser extent, Armor. It seams to be only looking almost all other Manufacturing processes!

At this rate, the Manufacturing Skill is going to need to be broken up into several sub-skills, such as Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, and Fletching (once Bow and Arrows are implemented), which is kind of logical anyway but before any of these big changes are implemented, I think that the Groundwork for a new system should be included first.

One Thing that I think is going to need to be done is to have the Nexus System changed around a bit. Mark my words, once the game gets up and running, the Nexus system is going to kill any thought of Extended Playing Time!