Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sam3773

Fight for your country

Pro: So much freedom you can take it for granted.

Con: So much mass media it can make you stupid.

Pro: So much opportunity you dont know where to go next.

Con: So many requirements you dont have anywhere to go.

I dont know, I guess I like it cause its a 50/50 country.

They make allot of good movies from down there, but my two cents tell me the average citizen of New Zealand doesn't get access to those areas allot.

I'm guessing you'd have to be pretty rich.

The Netherlands!

Why?

We're like the free-est country in the world!

We can sit on terasses, even if we're underage (I don't really get it tough,

it seems that in the USA you can´'t just sit and drink a coke if you're under 21... weird!),

we are alowed to drink beer if we're 16, spirits if we're 18,

we've got Harry Potter for president (... Don't know if that's a pro or con though...),

We can smoke weed legally at the age of 18,

Gay-marriages are accepted (by law)

We've got like the best infrastructure ever, although loads of trafic jams >.<

We live next to Germany, so if we wanna ride 250 km/h that's possible too,

And now some cons (I gotta be fair...):

We get like way too many languages at school (you gotta take 'm all, can't choose 'm or something): Dutch, English, German, French (and if you're smart enough: Latin and Old-Greek)

We got too many people for the jobs we've got.

We got Harry Potter for President >.<

Now you decide where you wanna live :)

Harry Potter is your prime minster, not the president :)

Anyway, actually, USA has very little freedom, usually you can find much more freedom in Europe.

Romania"

Pros:

Very nice country (we have forests, planes, delta, hills, mountains, rivers, lots of wild animals, etc.)

Lots of topless girls on the beaches :)

Not much censor

Cons:

Very bad economy

The government is corrupted

Relatively high crimerate

-------------

In Romania I bought ciggaretes and alcohol since I was 13, no one askign for any ID. Here, in the US, they asked me for my ID when buying ciggaretes (and I am 24, not 18)

Hehe... You got me there... Just used to using 'President' in English :)

England has to be the best :D

• We had the biggest empire the world has ever seen.

• We colonissed america.

• James bond.

Cons..

• Tony blair

Hehe... What makes you think you had the biggest empire evah? Ever heard of the 'Roman Empire'? And heck, another pro for the Netherlands:

Once we had the biggest fleet ever, so any ship (even you English guys) had to offer a salute every time we came by :)

That still results in the biggest port ever... :P

Hmmm i thought that Gingis-chan have the biggest empire :lol:

I can only say that absolutly record was 14 alkochol promile in blod found in Poland(normal ppl die when they have 3-4 promile).So whats country is the best 8) ?Poland rulez :wink:

OK; noone can top that...

Or, can they? >:)

Lemme give you a really nice fact:

We have a saying in Holland, it's like this:

God created the Earth, but the Dutch people created the Netherlands.

And that's too damn right - if we'd break down everything that keeps the water away, about 2/3 of the Netherlands would be flooded... We (well, our ancestors) really worked for their homes :)

Haha, Poland is da best. Lots of lakes. HOT girls. LOTS of piss and a fudged up government...nobody can beat that :D...except maybe Netherlands...

Lol, it seems I'm winning :)

im not defending my country, nor am i bitching about it. just putting what i like and dislike about it.(USA)

Pros:

Fairly cheap oil, compared to some other countries(of course that comes at a price)

melting pot of many different cultures, i guess.

Cons:

retarded president

evil, corrupted government that you can't trust

the celebrities and the media

no metric system(WTF??! why must we be different from everyone else??!!?!)

stupid capitalist economy

rednecks

horrible, ass-backwards, retarded censorship(its ok to blow up buildings and shoot people on cable tv but "fuck" is a big no-no. hell, its almost as bad as runescape)

illegal drugs. dumbasses. just legalize the shit(or at least some of it) and we'd be getting rid of alot of organized crime.

and, most importantly to me, the schools are HORRIBLE. at least the public ones...especially where i live. we are miles and miles(kilometers, sorry) behind the rest of the world when it comes to schools.

Ohh, nice one there, Ent :)

The real pain in the ass is the opinion off the people. School kiddo's are supposed to get their own food (at least that's what I'd think). Prisoners can't really get their food by themselves - and if the government gives them bad food, the people are gonna complain - blablaba - end of presidental career for Bushy - good food for prisoners...

It's as simple and corrupted as that.

Denmark

Pro's:

Great sence of humor ;-)

Lovely girls :D

Good beers :0)

The hospital system seems to be a lot better than 2 years ago...

Fairly talented rock musicians :-)

Con's:

The whole system is corrupted - we've (my family) been fighting cases against the government/administration for years and even though the system seems to work fine on the outside we've found out that on the inside procedures like "losing documents/evidence" and helping out colleagues by not looking at obvious evidence, disregarding the legislation etc. happens regularly

The government has been lowering the taxes - of course people who earn lots of money will benifit more this way, and people who are poor won't benifit as much from these tax reliefes... Fair? I think NOT!

Furthermore they've lowered the governmental expenses on families, people who are out of work, universities, lowered the aid to needing countries, etc.

At the same time our prime minister tells us to work more, spend more time with the family and make Denmark a leading country of knowhow and technology... And look what a great job they're doing currently :roll: ...

The government has not made any new legislation/compromises with center/left-wing political parties - they've kept going to the extreme right wing for support :-(

Many danes are intollerant and discriminating towards fugitives, immigrants and people with different beliefs/native languages/skin color. This is further induced by the right wing getting _way_ too much time in the national media hence spreading FUD about immigrants.

Well... To summarize this in a nice way: the system needs a reboot and a better OS...

BTW, I'm sorry about the flaming/rant that this post has become - I'm just a frustrated left-wing who wishes for a better and more balanced future for all of us :-) And I appologize for the poor/simplistic english... this is not my native language :-)

To Rev: Do you mean Genghis-Kahn? The great and all-powerful Mongolian war mongering tribal lord in the medieval ages? Who conquered China and such? I'm just wondering. :wink:

I would have to say Vietnam:

Pros-

-Very strict and enforced who system, try to find a stupid disrespectful kid under 18 there!

-Hardworking people, most.

-Peaceful markets and village communities.

-Legal cockfights.

-Not much air pollution.

-Pretty green jungles.

Cons-

-A lot of mean-ass gut cutters over 18.

-Moochers to their American relatives.

-Live mine fields. :?

-Not that great leadership, but it's still okay.

-Some water holes are used as shitholes, basically one big toilet - for the villages because they don't have indoor plumbing. So its best not to drink the water there.

-Pretty poisoness animals infested jungles.

Ah man, I'd like to live in Vietnam, in the middle of the jungle. Always loved nature. Dang, was I dissapointed when I couldn't go to the World Jamboree in Vietnam!

geleef could you touch one of those colorfull frogs; come back and tell me how they felt, and make sure it doesn't spit anything at you.=D

Nature is a blessing aint it.