Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Keknehv

Compile Errors (again)

Hi again all.

So, I'm trying to compile the client again. From CVS. And also--I'm trying to do this on Linux (it's a lot easier)

Here's my current script for building el from the CVS. Assume that I'm in my home directory, and that the elc directory doesn't exist. ~/el/ is my eternal lands directory (extracted from the el v.1.00 zip for linux)

#!/bin/sh
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.elc.berlios.de:/cvsroot/elc login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.elc.berlios.de:/cvsroot/elc co elc
cd elc
make --file Makefile.linux
cp el.x86.linux.bin ~/el/el.cvs.bin

And so then, when I try to run it, I get several lines like this:

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "languages/en/strings/console.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "languages/en/strings/console.xml"

So I searched around on the forums, and managed to get a languages with en and de.

But NOW when I run it, a window flashes open, then closed. There is no command line output.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

#!/bin/sh
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.elc.berlios.de:/cvsroot/elc co elc
cd elc
make -f Makefile.linux
cp el.x86.linux.bin ~/el/el.cvs.bin

If your elc will exist then cvs will simply update files so it is not a problem. That I/O warninings...you

should get it while starting the client not during the compilation. I have these warnings too when I start

the client, but it works fine so you probably can ignore it. I suggest use gdb or strace it, also, I don't

know how others but on my machine that data files setting not works so if I run elc from other directory

than my EL one it only opens and closes. Ah and error_log.txt content could be useful here too.

Regards.

Plat . . . for all the times that you incorrectly tell people that they need to download e3dlist.txt . . . you missed one time that it's actually needed. :blink:

Plat . . . for all the times that you incorrectly tell people that they need to download e3dlist.txt . . . you missed one time that it's actually needed. :blink:

ROTFL. If someone will download e3dlist he will not die you know? :-) But, heck. It is 05:00 AM so what

did you expected? And true, I had same problemo after dwarf leather helm patch but I've forgot it. :-/

Regards.

e3dlist.txt is in your elc dir when you download CVS, same like new config file etc. And these I/O

warnings you may ignore I get them too.

Regards.