Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cKy

Messed Up? Log In

Guest cKy

When I tri to log on to play some of the times it says server is down or not conected to internet witch i am and it works fine and it says the server is down when it proble is not beacuse all of today it was untill 3:50pm eastern time.

and other times it says it cant read my ip adress or im am baned please go on forums and do some thing in whitelist. some thing like that i was just woundering whats going on or how can i fix it ? please let me know .

When it displays:

"Unable to resolve server address. Maybe you are not connected to the internet or DNS server is down", check to see if you can load the players online page off of the main page.

When it displays:

"Your ISP range is banned. Please go to the forums and post in the Bans section to get added to the whitelist" (or something like that), you need to post on the sticky thread on this forum called "To be on the Whitelist", and follow the directions on the first post.

After all that happens some random times the game will actualy work so i dont think i am baned and also I have got this error at some point

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/fontv.bmp

That sounds like it is having trouble running one of the drivers for the texture. May be a video card thing. What are your stats?

TO MODERATOR: Perhaps we can move this thread to the "Help Me" section?

Good. That means you should be able to connect to eternal lands at that point. If you cannot, you have to ajust your firewall settings.

If you can, but you still get that error, it is a video card or video driver problem.

Your "stats" is your computer's video card and operating system. If you don't know how to figure the video card out, tell me the operating system and I can tell you where to find it.

Edited by freeone3000

Well, I don't know about the sometimes part, but when it is not, there is a problem with your ISP (internet service provider) preventing you from viewing that page. When you can, you should be able to connect. If you cannot, there is a firewall configuration that won't let you.

Im going to reboot my comp see if it says diferant ill post if it works or what it sasy if it dosent right now it says that im not connected or server down . im going to check to see if it says diferant now.

says the same thing im kinda disapointed beacuse its a good game I injoy playing but its annoying at times since i cant play most of the time. if any one knows whats rong let me know. maby some one els has the same problem

I am also not able to get past the log in screen, and i am not showing on the players online if I try to log in.

My ISP is also banned, and I have tried disabling my firewall. I was on yesterday morning, so I am pretty sure my video card is up to par.

The only difference between then and now is a reboot after updating my anti-virus. Could the problem be that since my ip has changed (stupid dynamic IP), the whitelist no longer recognises me?

I would like to resolve this soon, as I have just started the game and find myself totally engrossed.

Any suggestions are appreciated. I will probably try to reinstall later today if the problem persists.

Thanks for your time.

That sounds like it is having trouble running one of the drivers for the texture...

WHAT?!

lol, that error message doesnt mean anything anymore. It's a object/texture on IP (i think) that doesnt actually exist. So that is not the cause of the problem.

Considering you can connect sometimes, i very much doubt this is a video card problem. I suggest scanning for virii/malware/adware etc... This could be casuing bandwidth problems.

Like freeone said, this could also be a firewall problem. Are you running on a network?

what do you mean by that do i have to programs ? or are thos files or folders on my computer beacuse i have a program called Ad-awear on my computer.

Ok I think I found out whats rong and fixed it ran my Ad-Awear program cleaned all that crap out than ran some spybot removel thing and got rid of some spywear and restarted and than cleared some internet stuff and it worked agein witch is awsome. :D :D NO MORE PROBLEM! for now.