Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lyanna

What Game Features Do You Want First?

Which game features do you want the developers to work on first?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which game features do you want the developers to work on first?

• Communications (multi-channel, buddy list, more emotes)
    • Economy (balancing item supply and money flow)
    • Enemies (new monsters, invasions, better spawn logic, etc.)
    • Features (shortcuts, tweaks, new abilities, perks, etc.)
    • Graphics (better particles, more realistic models, etc.)
    • Items (more weapons, armour, potions, etc.)
    • Maps (new maps, more interactions with background items)
    • Quests and Events (more challenges and stories)
    • Systems (new magic system, make levelling less repetitive)
    • Other

I thought it would be best to get some feedback about this, from the players themselves. There are a lot of different opinions out there, on what should be done first, who wants what, etc.

So, this is to just let you guys have a say in what you think would be most important to develop first. Please go ahead and post your ideas. :) If you want to, you can also post a whole priority list of which things to focus on, in what order. And if you have any new suggestions that don't fit into the categories above, post as well. :)

Poll will last for one week, and is Pinned.

-Lyn-

We need the multichannel. Man, do we need the multichannel.

If only we could answer questions in newbie channel while buying and selling on market and going offtopic in offtopic channel. This would kinda help the existing channels also.

I voted "Systems" because I think we really need better magic system. Maybe at least some new higher level spells.

But I also think that monsters invasions should be implemented. That was one of the best ideas IMHO.

Regards

Well i couldn't decide between Features, communications, systems, and maps...although actually all are great choices :)...I ended up voting for features only because I had to pick one :)

Nope, actually it's a rewrite of the items/storage handling system. But it's being considered, since it's being rewritten anyway (AFAIK).

Edited by Wytter

I wish I could pick them all :) but developers don't have that much time... so I guess I'll voice my opinion on ALL of them. :D

Communications (multi-channel, buddy list, more emotes)-Not really helpful to gameplay, except for those that come here to chat alot. not what I picked, and not very important to me.

Economy (balancing item supply and money flow) Definately. All the classes need more balance. the harvesting changes hurt harvesting as an economy more than it helped. take away tele, mother nature, randons, wall collapses, leave pickaxe break, but add something that keeps each skill worthy of investing time into. for example, make crafting rings a chance maybe 1 out of 1000 to make a ring with only 20 percent of losing it. although that is just giving a little perk to the crafters. tweaking nexus requirements would help. remove the magic nexus and put in a crafting nexus, and you'd need only 4 nexuses to max crafting. little things like that could really help boost crafting economy. I might pick this one as a vote.

Enemies (new monsters, invasions, better spawn logic, etc.)It would be pretty cool to have monster invasions and such, and I also think there should be a couple more monsters to round out the game, and maybe make each monster have a uniqe trait(armoed gobs have a chance of dropping a rare scimitar or whatever they are holding, goblins should be immune to any indirect damage(damage rings, harm spell, and maybe trolls should have a chance of dropping a club.hammer, anything to make a monster unique.)

Features (shortcuts, tweaks, new abilities, perks, etc.) I'd love to see new features too, but what would be the worth? all perks are based around fighting(the whole game is leaning toward fighting, which we should fix) and make the perks cheap enough to have use. the only one i can think of is fast regen, only 3 pp, all the other perks are way too high. and each race has their own special perks. dwarves get extra harvesting levels without having to level up, so the 11th level would only be 140 exp, and have 10% better chance to make anything, andhandle all axes and hammers wil 3 plus accuracy, power, and critical. elves are so old and with the earth that they can temporarily calm hostile monsters down enough to not attack them. they have an extra 10% chance to evade an attack, and all bows and staffs they handle are 3 plus power, accuracy, and critical. humans recieve uh.....an...i don't know at the moment

Graphics (better particles, more realistic models, etc.) Doesn't concearn me at the moment, I alreadny can't run shadows or reflections and i still get 10 FPS.

Items (more weapons, armour, potions, etc.) also very needed. we need balance in weapons and armor, I have a good chance for voting on this. my ideas are simple as a spear head that can attach to a staff(quarter or not) and there are soo many cool armors and items this game can have. Even catapaults, slings and ballistas could fit into the mix to make an even more exciting war event.

Maps (new maps, more interactions with background items)Yes. more PK maps, more maps, more maps. definately some non hostile, some hostile, some PK, and some with both. of course, the one map I would always want IS a big PK forest about the size of nordcarn or bigger with no monsters, multicombat, and a big river running right through it, 2 huge castles on each side. each wouldbe equipped with catapaults, iron sword and wooden sheild spawns, and mltiple levels. more maps would rock.

Quests and Events (more challenges and stories)knowing you're very interested in quests, lyanna, I am not that quite interested. nost of the quests lack some feeling, namely because they talk as if they are in the 21st century. if quests had a reward for everyone like the first two quests, it would feel better, and more seriousness, the game loses it's medevil feel when they talk about air to ground missiles, advanced irrigation, and other technology. I'd be best if they had a little more medevil touch to them.

Systems (new magic system, make levelling less repetitive)I'd really like the system of leveling being less repetetive, all i do is walk around in a cave with stuff i can't mine, clicking on gargs and body rest potions. it can take forever to get some good levels on this game. the magic system needs to be revamped completely, it's too weak now, or at least it seems that way with only 1 attack spell and too many perk spells like teleport to the portals room, bones to gold, etc. fighting and magic should be equally matched.

Considering all this, I think I'd vote for....

:lol:

:D

:(

:P

a better economy. finishing second is more items, shortly thereafter mew maps crosses the line, features is fourth, and systems is fifth.

I voted enemies. The economy should be worked on gradually because thats the only way it can happen :P

Also, new monsters, invasions, ect wold make the game more interesting

I think that the spwan rate of the monsters need to be incressed or more spwans put in. U get 4 or 5 people all killing at the same spwan. It makes it hard to get the kill when 4 people are chasing the same wolf.

Disclaimer: We will of course take the results of this survey under consideration. However, we already have a to-do list for the next update. This would be more long term goals.

I voted Enemies and monster invasions, but i want all of those, mainly new weapons/armours.

How about New monsters with new unique item drops? :P

I'm having trouble picking just one (or even just 5) so I'm doing the unthinkable and converting a multiple-choice test into an essay!

Communications (multi-channel, buddy list, more emotes) - This has been on my list of "EL isn't ready for P2P until . . ." - having channels with dedicated purposes is wasted until multichannel communication is implemented.

Economy (balancing item supply and money flow) - I think there will always be game balance issues to fix.

Enemies (new monsters, invasions, better spawn logic, etc.) - nice to have but can beadded gradually.

Features (shortcuts, tweaks, new abilities, perks, etc.) - nice to have but can be added gradually.

Graphics (better particles, more realistic models, etc.) - nice to have but not on my critical list

Items (more weapons, armour, potions, etc.) - nice to have but can beadded gradually

Maps (new maps, more interactions with background items) - yeah - it would be nice if the continent was complete. At one point, Roja said there would be another large city in Tarsengaard. I hope for more dungeons/caves/mines/etc within it.

Quests and Events (more challenges and stories) - More quests should be a high priority. There should be hundreds of quests. Maybe there should be "repreatable" quests like "transport abc savely from point A to point B" or "help NPC courier x safely cross a dangerous path and arrive at his destination C".

Systems (new magic system, make levelling less repetitive) - definitely need lots more magic spells and not just combat-related ones.

Other

I guess my preference is #1: communications, #2 maps, #3 quests, #4 systems or something along those lines

I voted enemies. The economy should be worked on gradually because thats the only way it can happen :D

Also, new monsters, invasions, ect wold make the game more interesting

same here :P

Ok we got the fighters point of view (3/4th of EL) now where are the people who have dreamed of being a battle mage and wanting to acually do damage with magic!! Cmon people

i voted for features as we ned more magic that dameges like useing water essence to cast a water spell etc.

i thought up a weird idea its kinda dumb but i tihnk it would be cool,like saying your a certin overall level like 50 or somthing and you kill a certain amount of gargoyles and you get a perk called i don't know "Gargoyle Wings" and you could fly for a fixed time then you will have to walk till the flying bar fills back up,its a weird idea and kinda pointless but i think it would be fun lol

It would be interesting. Having strange movement. But I feel that if we change TOO much, the "feel" of the game will disentigrate. T4c was good. Then they added titles. Wings. Ultimate-level quests. Advanced leveling. Bizzarre alignments for spells. Incredibly strange chat interface that allowed you to talk in 4 channels at once. A 'create-a-channel' system.

It turned to good game without features and 16-bit graphics to a bad game with features and 16-bit graphics.

Please don't change too much.

But it would be tight to just be walking around EL and all out of no where a shadow flys overhead that looked like Dracula,theres an idea!Dracula!Frankinstin!but thats not in this day and time,thats in the future