Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adyna

Latest Issue Of The El Times Out Now

The New Issue # 7 of The EL Times is out NOW :lol:

Find out why Platyna felt forced to leave Eternal Lands ;)

A Guild stand together behind one of their members, read the full story

Find out why Shivar and DonPedro team up :D

This Issue we meet not one but two notorious players, they chat together sharing a Bar-B-Q ;)FIND OUT WHAT WAS SAID

Thief Caught, Hung, Drawn and Quartered and much... much... more.

All the people on the mailing list have now been sent issue # 7, but if you haven't received it yet then please reply to this thread

Get your copy of issue # 7 by subscribing online at http://forms5.createforms.com/10269/form_1_1.html

The EL Times - Legends in the Making

Actually the EL time was originally Toymin's idea for I was around when he declared he was going to do this

BTW- GREAT ISSUE GUYS!!!

:coughs: i just joined 2day, i think right as u were sending the newest edition, actually, lol...neway, waited a few hours, still havent gotten the newest copy....could u plz send it to me? thx a million!

-Regar

Actually the EL time was originally Toymin's idea for I was around when he declared he was going to do this

BTW- GREAT ISSUE GUYS!!!

I know now that Tropicano started the original EL Times which was web based only, but I didn't know that back then when I started it. You'll notice I call it 'The EL Times' where as Trop just called it 'EL Times'. It was around issue 2 that I realised that Trop had originally started it and he gave me permission to use the Banner. So you see I stole the idea from no-one. The whole idea that I stole the idea from Toyminator is ridiculous, and accusing me of stealing it 7 months after issue # 1 went out is just laughable. If he wants to start his own newspaper, no problem - but what he can't do is call it 'The EL Times'.

The EL Times is a HTML newsletter that is sent out to players that subscribe to it (for free). Old copies are eventually put up online. The subscribers list is managed by myself only and no third party is involved. This protects the email addresses from any spam that could be generated from this list, should it fall into the wrong hands. But this does mean that it takes a lot of my time to manage and organise it - apart from the time it takes to actually putting the issue together. Therefore I will never let anyone take the name 'The EL Times'.

I didn't say he created it, because I don't think he knew the HTML. But he did come up with the original idea and I think trop used the idea and made the html etc.

The EL Times is gone, so, in the interim, I'll look into starting another one, since I have plenty of resources. Anyone interested in helping, please PM me here, on the forums.

It is not gone, just changed the name. :-)

Regards.

Well, I understand that you guys went to Planeshift, but, as they say, "The Show Must Go On". If you guys ever come back full-time...it's all yours. ;)

It is gone, adyna left game

when, why ;)

few days ago

WhY? real life problems and there was nothing left for her on E-L so she left :-O

Guest Platyna5

She plays some other game and makes some other gazette. :-)

Regards.

Guest Drag0nslayar

BTW- GREAT ISSUE GUYS!!!

I know now that Tropicano started the original EL Times which was web based only, but I didn't know that back then when I started it. You'll notice I call it 'The EL Times' where as Trop just called it 'EL Times'. It was around issue 2 that I realised that Trop had originally started it and he gave me permission to use the Banner. So you see I stole the idea from no-one. The whole idea that I stole the idea from Toyminator is ridiculous, and accusing me of stealing it 7 months after issue # 1 went out is just laughable. If he wants to start his own newspaper, no problem - but what he can't do is call it 'The EL Times'.

The EL Times is a HTML newsletter that is sent out to players that subscribe to it (for free). Old copies are eventually put up online. The subscribers list is managed by myself only and no third party is involved. This protects the email addresses from any spam that could be generated from this list, should it fall into the wrong hands. But this does mean that it takes a lot of my time to manage and organise it - apart from the time it takes to actually putting the issue together. Therefore I will never let anyone take the name 'The EL Times'.

What the...? You weren't even there when I came up with the idea with Roja, and I made the interviews and stories... the only thing Tropicano did was setting up a admin account at el.net...

Also Roja MADE THAT BANNER FOR ME, and sent it to my email...

The original name was The Eternal Times, a.k.a. The EL Times or EL Times, everyone called it different.

Actually what you're doing (were doing) was my original idea, but Roja and Tropicano thought it would have been better to have a section on EL.net and after that we could make a newsletter/website.

Please, stfu because you don't know shit about this. You just took over my project when I was banned. Nuf said.

Actually *I* came up with the idea and wanted someone to do it. Toyminator volunteered, and I made that banner for the Eternal Times, not specifically for any one person, so taht banner may be used again if someone wants to take over the EL times again. The banner is my property.

Guest Drag0nslayar

Yes, the banner is yours, but you didn't came up with the idea. When I said and pm'ed you like 100 times, after a while you said: 'Yeah I had that idea before'.

So it was MOI that came up with the original idea, but it couldn't be done without (argh) Roja...

OR SAM HAD TO SPAM THE BLUE MESSAGES MWUAHAHAHA. Ahum.