Eternal Lands Official Forums
jakoblin

Yahoo Wow Open Beta Yahoo

I have an account I'm not using because when I made it I didnt know the game would be 2 gibs. That would take me 12 days to download and the beta will over by then. Sadly I cant give the account out because ummm I used my password for everything I play on it.

Edited by Eldwen

Fun? Eeerrrrmm....... just a new stuff to toy around i guess lol.

So far only same kill stuff and deliver letters quest i have been doing. The other fun part maybe for explorer since it's a really huge world map. Haven't got the chance to try the skills yet.

Meh when i can play WoW, i go to test 5 and somehow no NPC and no monsters at all xD. Some problem they having. So i moved to test 41 xD. Maybe i'll just move to test 5 again once the computer i used to dl WoW is fixed xD. So anyway i can't play WoW atm since i can't login to that ebul computer, well no1 can coz the computer is having a hard time xD (depressed perhaps :lol: )

Fun stuff?

Hundreds of quests, 8 races, 9 classes, i don't know how many skills, professions, countless number of items, huge world to explore, etc

3D world, capable of first person, been in beta for <2 years.

Works well with shitty computers, muah.

You mean I would be able to get more than 1-15 FPS on my 600 MHz P3 with a Matrox G200 card?

That's the framerate I get in EL, and most other games just go "buy new hardware to continue".

The quest system is setup really nice...there's technically levels to the quests, once you finish one, sometimes an NPC will give you another, and in the quest window, it lays them out very nicely so you can check them over and click on the title of the one you're wanting to work on...some of the quests have to be done in groups (called elite quests) and the thing you have to kill, etc has a gold window to it's title...

the fighting/magic system is nice, along with the fact that you have kind of a spell book/proficiency book, and you have a bar at the bottom of your screen so you can click and drag what you're wanting to do the bar and it's setup 1-0 on your keyboard, so you just click number keys to do that sort of thing. I have about 4 different arrow shots that I use all the time and I'm to the point that I can kill a lot of the smaller creatures before they can even get to me.

Also, when you target a creature, it gives their health bar AND their level next to a picture of them...having the level there is really handy, so you make sure you don't try to smack something too high level from you...

there's professions you can get, you can only have 2 primary professions, but as many secondary professions as you want...I'm currently playing a night elf hunter w/ skinning and leatherworking primary professions, and have all the secondary's that are available (cooking, fishing, and first aid)...I was originally herbalism, but I decided I wanted to change it, so after hitting 39 in it, I got rid of it and changed to skinning and leatherworking. You can make a bunch of stuff as long as you buy the patterns or the knowledge for it, (don't have to read books or anything, though), so I've made a bunch of leather armour for me and Jakuren, and he's working on tailoring so he can eventually make bags for us to put our things in. He's also made all sorts of clothes, made a dress for Alastria, so it's pretty kewl. Different coloured shirts and even made a robe that gives some pluses to intellegence. There's also enchanting, herbalism and alchemy (compliment) and mining and blacksmithing (compliment). Jak's not sure yet what he wants to do for the second profession. Also, whatever you make, there's a "Made by Alastria" or whoever you are label on it. Cooking is just like it says, cooking, but you have to buy recipes from different vendors. Oh, and my character also has a pet (hunters do...Jakuren is a druid so he can change forms)...and you have to feed your pet to keep it happy, and it only likes meat, so I have to find stuff that's meat to feed it...I ended up getting a recipe from a quest for making spider kabobs, which you need spider legs for and my birdy (Hercules, is his name) really likes those :angry:

Also, to gain health back, you can eat food, different foods give back different HP per second...and drinking will give back mana points. So far we're low enough levels that the health and mana regen back pretty fast. So some foods actually need a level before you can eat it. Kinda strange but makes sense. Where the nightelves start, to get to the other land, you have to take a boat or ride a hippogryph to get there.

There's also the fact that there's 8 races, but it's 4 and 4...4 for the Alliance (Humans, Dwarves, Night Elves, Gnomes), which they can actually talk to each other, and 4 for the Horde (Orcs, Undead, Tauren, and Trolls)...if Alliance and Horde members try to talk to each other, they can't recognize the language and can't play together...you can't even add a friend who's in Horde to your list if you're Alliance. Some races can only play some classes...humans tend to be most versatile. And whatever race you play, you get abilities just for that race, same way w/ whatever class you play. Like my Tauren I have, she has this stomp where it'll knock down everything around her for, like, 30 seconds, and that's just a race ability.

I'll try to get some screenshots posted later :P

Here is a screenshot I found that I took a few days ago.

bith.jpg

I finnaly figured out how to SS them, hehe, just prt scrn, why diddn't I think of that.

It is a bitch to put into JPG format..

Ok...shitty computers delux..

1800 GM proccessor

512 RAM (Just installed 256)

Windows XP

64 MB Video card

AC 97' Sound card

Thats pretty crappy..

Nice machine. I belive it should even be able to run the really heavy games like UT 2004.

Depends on the graphics card :angry: Being 64MB doesn't say much about the performance.

O yeah btw, when u are making items, there is a button called "create all" , it means that you are gonna make items as long as you have ingrediants without constantly clicking create,create,create...

IT runs ut 2004 fine.

but guildwars/EQII/WoW

Don't run the best.

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller

DAC type: Internal

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2562&SUBSYS_25621458&REV_03

Display Memory: 64.0 MB

Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: ialmrnt5.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.3619 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 8/3/2003 22:16:12, 36927 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

IT runs ut 2004 fine.

but guildwars/EQII/WoW

Don't run the best.

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller

DAC type: Internal

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2562&SUBSYS_25621458&REV_03

Display Memory: 64.0 MB

Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: ialmrnt5.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.3619 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 8/3/2003 22:16:12, 36927 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

Give me my computer back! ;)

(Dell 2300? It matches perfectly...) :P

so how's the game guys? :o

The game is great... i love it.. just had a few days of very bad lag and could not play for long..... hoping my friend is going to pay to play and i might play some.... I'm a very big fan of warcraft games. But i'm staying on EL as my main game and still plan to be one of the first p2p people.... :P...... and if i get too bored i will play Lineage again with friends there..... anyone seen or played the game "Knights Online"? my friend next door was just talking about it played today.... so i am downloading it now for a try.

Going to give Knights online a try if my video card can play it and will get WOW after i get a much better 3d card.... would get one now, but taxes on my house are almost due and other fun bills..lol...

I did like it when i played today ,but the free server is wiped each two weeks and the payment thing does not say how much it cost in USD to play.. was shocked my video card loves Knights lol and i get super low fps on EL.... will wait to get a better video card and play more WoW

here are some ss of my chars roja =D

this is my sexy gnome

gnome

this is my Tauren exploring pricker valley

prickers!

this is my troll when i was being chased by a dreadlord, i had to jump off that cliff to survive, then i found an underwater cave, and inside there were three other guys so we partied together and we had to fight against all these huge spiders ><. But the dreadlord caught up with us about 10 minutes later and killed us =P

run!

and this next picture.... well for the night elves starting town, its on a GIGANTIC tree, and i didnt know that, and i jumped off the edge and.... ended up in the worst place possible

fack

when i first landed i died, it took me an HOUR to get back to that freakin branch >< everytime i jumped of the tree i kept missing teh branch, so whenever that happened i had to walk on the ocean until my ghost DIED!!! which took a while =P

and heres me getting my ass out of there once i resurrected myself

click here!

Edited by MikeH