Eternal Lands Official Forums
jakoblin

Yahoo Wow Open Beta Yahoo

...what?

strangely its called 'open beta' but you still have to sign up like the closed :D

anyway its pointless wow is being launched in two weeks rofl

Two weeks? blah.. pointless entirely. :D

update on wow.

so many noobs to kill and my storage in wow is now full of gold cuz i sold all the items on wow.

well i've seen shots from t heir official webpage and some other sites... but i want to see shots from players, fansites would be good i guess if i can find some good ones..being on dial up really sucks to try and find stuff on :)

Not much for the graphic though, but it seems they are either good at effeciency for coding or they have a super server. I mean for such a big game with eerrmm... quite lots of people, my ping is quite good even when EL still on, i can still play WoW decently.

So basically so far i think they only eerrrmm.... make quests, item pics, and maps xD. More like only for gameplay and not much for graphics i guess. Haven't test the skills they have. But we can swim :lol: . And somehow they didn't use any kind of change mapping, not sure but seems like all the maps are in 1 big map with details. Well comparing it to EL is that when u need to go to other map, we need to click either a sign or that boat's flag. In ragnarok online, it's walking to some sort of teleport spot. In WoW there is no such things, so you basically just move from 1 map to another without noticing it (well they kinda tell what's the map's name).

In game mode all visible, in map-mode you need to kind of go there 1st to kinda say u have explored the map to reveal the map. So the map is kinda all blank without any details until u go to the area and it open-ed that map area when u go there. EL comparison if EL has the continent map, u can see the continent map in large, but no details in it. So even if u zoom to WS map, it'll only be blank. When u move from IP to WS the 1st time, it'll open the whole WS map. So basically u just need to go there to open the whole map. Means u don't need to explore every spot of the map to open it like in most strategy game with the 'fog' thingy. Once it's open-ed then the detail maps are open-ed for you forever (for that char).

Meh, never good at explaining stuff xD

Anyway I'm using the central time server: Test 41. Same name as always ^^ Human Paladin :P

Any1 playing at 'open beta' atm? lol.

test 41 and 5

13 hours to download

i just installed 256 MB of RAM, I was going crazy cause i couldnot open the package.

Its fine, EXPET THE DAMN SERVERS CANT HOLD UP EVEN ITS MIDDLE FINGER.

let alone 5000 people.

can someone please give me more details on how the game is...what is fun about it, what you can do, and post some screenshots?