Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kayliana

Pick a better password. Someone guessed the one you are using.

Bugs don't leave useless stuff like leather armor and fur cloaks.

erm, newbie island is no longer in use, but even tho its not "in use" i dont see why it would kill your inventory.

..well when it was in use it had this function that wiped all your inv when you were done over there, maybe that function automatically applies to anyone setting foot there now. seems to be a fair explaination.

what i remember of newbie island (with another char :angry:) was that i could make essences there for free. So i figured, cool, lets make a lot of those. Then when i was ready to continue, i lost them all when i left the island. I just thought, wow thats pretty smart, they prevented us from getting free stuff. :D

I am sure Learner knows if there is an item whipe if you leave it...

i've never been to the newbie island... i thought it dosen't exist anymore.

where do i buy tickets ? is there anything left there, like NPCs, shops or what ?

i want to go there too ! :D

i guess i'd just go naked, if you don't change it so we don't loose stuff when we leave.

Alas, it seems that the island is treacherous still and that the first time you leave the island you will lose your inventory, except from the items you are wearing.

However, do not worry - when you get online the next time I'll help you back on track :-)

It used to vipe your inventory when you left the newbie island via an NPC that doesn't exist anymore, not when teleporting out of there.

But this wasn't wiped, the fur coat and leather armor was still there.

She was wearing the fur cloak and leather armour - it seems that you are not stripped when leaving the island, just getting an inventory reset on the first time you leave the island.

Oh, and Xilcox - we don't do requests ;-). Lord_Vermor had just shown her all of the new places in the game, so I figured I'd show her one of the old places... Since we had just had a dev meeting on the island I was still there.

Edited by Wytter

Ack, it happened to me too! Just a couple days ago!!!! I lost everthing i had in my bag, except the items I was wearing. It seems if you leave newbie island, you lose your stuff.

Maybe this only affects regular players and not moderators? I have been here 3 times in all and havent lost one thing.

Maybe this only affects regular players and not moderators? I have been here 3 times in all and havent lost one thing.

Just tested it, and this is indeed what happens - better use neo's map instead :P

Just tested it, and this is indeed what happens - better use neo's map instead :D

Oh ya! Whos got the common sense :P

newb island is back? =)

newb island is back? =)

Its used for DEV meetings. Its always been back, I had a character on NI b4 the crash that never left :P Now the only way to get there is moderators teleporting

As long as you dun take me back to Newbie Island without me dropping off my items into storage!

Ahaha, I shall try avoiding those unpleasant travels as much as possible :-)

Well, you shouldn't be playing around on a ghost map anyway :D

I'll see if I can find the code that does that and remove it. If you kiddies keep playing around on NI though, I'm going to start logging when someone accesses Relnor, to make sure you're not doing anything you shouldn't :P . We never really decided where to move him to.

There should be a boat that charges you 2k gold to take you to Newbie Island.

It seems I'm not the only one that misses that ol' hunk of land. :P