Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chatterbug89

The "glowy Swords"

i agree w/ chatter... they'd be really cool if they had a pulse of energy throbbing through them now and then

Or a ##### of chain lightning!

Edit: WTH is there a new screeining thing? d i l d o

Edited by Hellinon

The only problem is I dont' thinkt hat is possible with SDL :(

Oh well...i'm just glad i ahve one :angry:

Also, having gl;owign shilds and what not would be realy cool also..ice and fire Platemail!

Three words: FPS

*sigh* OpenGL only supports up to 6 light sources at once on a screen. So, if 6 people are walking around with swords that are giving off light, and they all go near the same lamppost.... Well, I don't know what would happen, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too good... But they do look sort of like they are glowing anyway, so I don't see a need for change.

EDIT: Oh yeah, FPS is an acronym. If you say 3 words, then why don't you just type out "Frames per second"?

Edited by goatsgomoo

*sigh* OpenGL only supports up to 6 light sources at once on a screen. So, if 6 people are walking around with swords that are giving off light, and they all go near the same lamppost.... Well, I don't know what would happen, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too good... But they do look sort of like they are glowing anyway, so I don't see a need for change.

EDIT: Oh yeah, FPS is an acronym. If you say 3 words, then why don't you just type out "Frames per second"?

Because it's implied that people reading this thread ALREADY know what FPS means?

It causes after-shadows. And I'm not sure if that's old version, current, or just EL.

I think i read somewhere on forum about works on better shadows (programming?) and moving light source so could be possible in future i guess :(