Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Client wishlist

ooh what about a small icon that pops up in the corner of the screen when u enter a pk area, to warn noobs that may otherwise not know they are entering a pk map

So, how will the Chest work? I mean will you walk over and stand on them or will you need to address it like Grimm? I was just wondering as it struck me as to how it would work.

No, that is a totally different code.

The chest will be in your house, so anyone you will allow in that room can take it. The storage is public, but only you can take your items.

but still, the only real diffrence will be what part of the database that gets read when someone interacts with a npc or item. what im saying is that you can then make the storage npcs allso pop upa bag like window rather then what you have now...

There is a TODO and CHANGES file now in CVS for learner and I to keep track of what we're doing and what we've done.

maybe they will be to diffrent system in the database but the gui for use dont need to be totaly diffrent. talking to a storage npc and useing the chest in your own house should both pop up a bag like window...

or is your server code so rigid that the only type of window that can come from a interaction with a npc, the chat window?

It would be nice to limit the amount of summons in a space of time, because overuse of snakes has made me crash out on several occasions...

This would be a server issue and we're trying to keep this thread limited to the Client itself. Plus, there is already a thread trying to have limits on summon.

1) Legends for the maps (green dot = general store, etc)

2) A way to see all maps or a complete map

3) A red 'x' on the map for where your death bag is (until it disappears or is taken)

4) Save preferences to config file (when I turn off "show fps" I want it to stay that way)

5) toolbar along bottom after icons for quick use items

6) changeable key bindings (the zoom patch is awesome, but i want it to zoom with the scroll wheel)

7) a nice gui for the chat stuff (maybe a window you can show/hide, tabs for each channel and PM)

8) alt+enter to toggle fullscreen

9) a way to mark a location on the map (like you press a 'mark this location' button, and it prompts you for a label, then it draws an 'x' on the map at that spot with the text above it

10) drop stuff on the ground just by dragging it out of the inventory window, also pick up by dragging item into the window (that way you can get rid of an action icon and make the interface simpler)

11) an exit button

12) have a separate area (menu?) for system-related stuff (options, #exit, #stats)

i hope there could be allowing display of clan/guild names on the characters

This is in the works already.

1) this used to be on the page, dont know why it and the area maps where removed...

2) page for part 2, used to be for part 1 allso but it got removed in the update for some reason. hmm, now that i think about it. the maps are in the el dir as image files :D

3) nah, usualy i define gear that i loose in combat as lost forever and get on with my life...

4) could be useful but for now add #show_fps = 0 to your el.ini file...

5) i made a similar post in this thread earlyer, and i think the quickuse bar should be moveable in the definition that you can set what side it should be resting against in el.ini...

6) time will tell

7) in the works

8 ) is it so hard to open the options window and click full screen?

9) not a bad idea at all...

10) i like :)

11) alt+x, #exit, #quit

12) err, what your asking for are the options/prefs window expanded to include a exit button and the stats info?

Guest theghost19

First thing to mention: I really like this game! It's sometimes a little bit annoying to do all this harvesting but I take it as a little challenge. :D

But there is one thing that's really annoying sometimes and that's the lack of transparency. :(

I died today at the titanium mine cause I have been attacked directly at the entrance. Couldn't see what's going on. :( I won't complain about the things I've lost because I don't care but it would be great if you guys could make that area a little bit transparent or at least show the health bar and the name of your opponent.

I died so fast cause I enabled the map for Portland just before walking into the mine. I didn't realize the change of the location until I switched back to the game and see myself fighting. Would be nice if you could fix that, too.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

TheGhost19

1) this used to be on the page, dont know why it and the area maps where removed...

2) page for part 2, used to be for part 1 allso but it got removed in the update for some reason. hmm, now that i think about it. the maps are in the el dir as image files

It should be on the map screen (when you hit tab). There's plenty of room to put a legend on that screen, and it makes sense to keep relevant information together. You shouldn't have to go to the web page for everything. That gets annoying.

4) could be useful but for now add #show_fps = 0 to your el.ini file...

You shouldn't ever have to edit a config file. Ever. It makes the game look unpolished.

8 ) is it so hard to open the options window and click full screen?

Adding this would make it 2 button-presses quicker. Also alot of people are familiar alt+enter and will try it before searching for a menu. It's not going to hurt anyone and it should be really easy to add.

11) alt+x, #exit, #quit

The idea is to get rid of all the cryptic commands that no one wants to learn. It makes it easier for people to use the program. Same logic as the chat GUI: No one should need to know #jc #lc #ci, there should just be a button. The hotkeys should stay for the people who already know them.

12) err, what your asking for are the options/prefs window expanded to include a exit button and the stats info?

Sorta. The options window should be moved away from all of the action icons because it has nothing to do with the gameplay. From a human-interface perspective they need to be seperated spatially to make this obvious. The new area should also include an exit button, and the stats info.

If you add an exit icon, it should not be placed anywhere you can accidentally click on it. I.e. it needs to be in some kind of menu, not down the bottom of the screen.

I would enjoy being able to click on the [tab] map for coords. E.g., you're directing someone somewhere and you click on the map for coords. This would be very helpful! Also, I like the legend idea.