Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BolanLongpants

Rules For Bot Usage

I would like to start a discussion about using bots. Already 2 times it has happened that bots were used in order to kill some one in a pk area.

I am not seeing anything about using bots for fighting purposes in the rules section.

Does that mean if I pay 100$ for a bot I can kill every one in pk?

Who is allowed to us a bot in pk and who is not?

Personally I would rather not allow bots in pk areas not even to moderate events or using it to practise the rules in this game.

Why? Because moderators are also players of the game and they should have the same rights as other players. Also there will always be questions whether a moderator used a bot rightfully.

If moderators don't have other possibilities to solve a problem give them the proper tools. Like beaming people out of certain maps.

I think he meant me and using Nera

That's definitely what he meant, and he's trying to revive the mass argument of another closed thread. One mod please lock this thread and prevent a repeat. Thank you.

Cicero, there is nothing mentioned in the rules about using bots for fighting purposes. So is it allowed or is it not allowed? Closing the thread doesn't give an answer and the same discussions will start again when bots are used.

I am just asking to get the rules straight about this because appearantly the rules are not clear.

One mod please lock this thread and prevent a repeat. Thank you.

Making rules will prevent a repeat: not closing this thread.

edit: I found this remark:

"Enhanced" bots cannot be used for fighting. If you break the rules with a paid bot, you will lose it.

Does this mean grum will loose its bot?

Edited by BolanLongpants

Bolan, read all my posts in Satans ban thread. I got special permission to use it to mdoerate events in PK maps. End the discussion.

Guest Anchesenamon

Police shouldn't use guns even to kill criminals, why they should use guns and kill criminals if other people can't? All people should be equal and have same rights. :) <_< :D

I see nothing wrong with moderators using their bots for moderating purposes. <_< :D

I found this remark:

"Enhanced" bots cannot be used for fighting. If you break the rules with a paid bot, you will lose it.

Does this mean grum will loose its bot?

I recently added the little paragraph on paid bots. Grum will not lose his bot, because it was not Grum controlling Nera in the event. However, I will talk with the other admins about not allowing this in the future. If you need someone to moderate a PK event, get someone who can beam people out or someone with god mode.

hmmm? monoceros and kawaii didnt ask for lord vermors moderating

Cicero, I also use Nera to moderate the war events I throw every so often, she is the only way I can moderate since I can't beam people.

Satan, when you ask someone to announce a contest, it is like they are hosting it and its their responsibility to moderate it

yaya i not gonna discuss anymore i just w8 til my unbann........

When a mod is asked to announce an event, there is an implied consent that the mod will have to be an active participant. This is because he will get PM'd and asked questions, clarifications, etc. So by a mod accepting and event, that mod must take some responsibility for that event and has the ability to place additional restrictions or rules. If the person running the event doesn't like that, they can always talk with another mod.

Being able to run an event is a priviledge, not a right! The mods are encouraged to use their judgement as to whether ot not they will run the event or if changes are needed in it. People trying to run the even to balance this can ask another mod.

When a mod is asked to announce an event, there is an implied consent that the mod will have to be an active participant. This is because he will get PM'd and asked questions, clarifications, etc. So by a mod accepting and event, that mod must take some responsibility for that event and has the ability to place additional restrictions or rules. If the person running the event doesn't like that, they can always talk with another mod.

Being able to run an event is a priviledge, not a right! The mods are encouraged to use their judgement as to whether ot not they will run the event or if changes are needed in it. People trying to run the even to balance this can ask another mod.

Couldn't have been said any better.