Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigmutha

Inflation And Economy

ok I bet alot of people have said alot of things about economy and how to fix it. but for the rare books being sold for 1k and 20k or what ever prices. lets have someone make a NPC that buys all books but doesn't sell them. at a set price. so as when someone wants to buy a rare book they need to raise so much before the person will buy it from them. plus since monsters don't drop as much gold then fighters if they need money can sell the books. this was just an idea. please give me feedback.

depending on the rarity of the book, make the price more.

just some thoughts

Edited by bigmutha

this have been frequently suggested over time. and as far as i know the answer has been no, every time. I would like that very much, a NPC that buys the books, sorta like Trik did with your weapons be4 new server, that sets a minimum price of the books, so regardless how much the buyer tries to lower the price, there will always be a limit, where u can go and sell it to a NPC insted.

Maybe someone with a litle more grip of the economy could evolve this idea into something..? ;)

Then we would have the same problem as we had with Trik, tons of money coming into the game and causing inflation..

Then we would have the same problem as we had with Trik, tons of money coming into the game and causing inflation..

What? That makes no sense.

The topic is about selling Rare Books to an NPC. THEY'RE RARE, as in there aren't many of them about. Therefore, nobody is getting rich off them.

The problem with Trik was that people would MAKE thousands of items and sell them for more than the cost of their ingredients. That won't happen with rare books, cause you can't make them.

The topic is about selling Rare Books to an NPC. THEY'RE RARE, as in there aren't many of them about. Therefore, nobody is getting rich off them.

sorry? so where did my 50+ 'rare' books that i hold in my storage come from? And for the last week i've been leaving the books behind, i've been giving them to noobs and dumping them aroung IP but my storage is still loaded. Its not that harder to get a book than to make all those bars and fire ess to produce a sword. (im not talking about uber rare books like PK and serp..)

Edited by shasso

sorry? so where did my 50+ 'rare' books that i hold in my storage come from?

That's my point exactly. 50 books isn't much. One person selling 50 fur gloves to Trik didn't ruin the economy on the last server. One person selling 5000 fur gloves to Trik, not once but on regular basis, was a problem.

you are assuming trik would pay around 30 gc for a rare book. If he did, then ok lol, but i think they dont want to make any new money sources, they are trying to get it out, like with fluffy and chim books

30 gc per book wont hold the book prices up (thats what the topic is about). 1k or 2k would. So i instantly get 50-100k and there are a lot of books out there..

Edited by shasso

How long did it take you to find 50 rare books? If it took you more than 10 minutes, we shouldn't worry. Even if you sold them all for 1-2k and got your 50-100k, the economy would never* get as bad as it was on the old server. The problem previously was how fast people could amass wealth.

*By never, I mean it will take much longer for this economy to become flooded with gold.

Fred's right. It would keep the costs up without affecting the economy *too much*.

How often do you run by a book? 1 every 10 minutes?

In that same 10 minute time how many other things can you make?

Including the time to harvest materials, i bet you can make WAY more than 1 every 10 minutes.

*i'm speaking figuratively with times and such*

*EDIT* fred beat me to the punch. Touche!

Edited by Quinticus

the books sholud be sold for a high price like 20k or more. and the stong fighters would have a money source cuz monsters don't drop very much gold. but the books still need to have a min price and a an NPC that bought them, would help. and then the manu people can make items and sell them to the fighters who actually have money. u see it may work out very well for everyone. (except maybe n00bs)