Eternal Lands Official Forums
Cicero

Spelling And Grammar Errors

...there's no reasonable way to check for plurality...

surely it would be as simple as having two lists of the items (one of the plurals and one of the singular items) and some kind of if then routine?

In the config window, when you mouse over "sit lock" there are a few spelling errors in the description there. Also, the description for "FPS" should contain what the acronym stands for, for those who dont know.

Hmm, that needs to be fixed both in the client source and the xml file. I think the description for FPS is ok, though. It does say "framerate". Close enough.

Hmm, that needs to be fixed both in the client source and the xml file. I think the description for FPS is ok, though. It does say "framerate". Close enough.

I know it says framerate, and I know i'm picky..but if you can change the sit-lock one can you change that one too? Please? :D

I know it says framerate, and I know i'm picky..but if you can change the sit-lock one can you change that one too? Please? :P

Ok, but it needs to be fixed in the XML too. I don't know who's maintaining that now.

Maybe when you join channel 1, say you joined the newbie HELP channel? People are thinking its just a general chat

The sotrage guys call u a pice of shit not piece

Could we change 'pice of shit' to 'idiot' ? This is supposed to be a family-oriented game.

I know it only appears when you click too fast - but with lag, some days it can appear quite often :)

Also, could 'Mother Nature got pissed off...' be changed to 'Mother Nature got angry...' for the same reason?

It says (too often): "his/hernamehere found Joker and got a Gold Coins." Should be gold coin. Also, "Steel Two Edges Sword" should be steel two edged sword.

Edited by freeone3000

Greetings.

I have found a logical error on the web-site. Here's the LINK

It says:

"- Different map sizes. The largest map has .768 square KMs. That is, 589824 SQM. "

LOL, 768 SQKM is not 589824 SQM, but 768.000.000 SQM :P

PS. Still nobody put me on the white list, and i really want to play this game :angry:

Hehe, for some reason someone seems to be calculating the square area using 2*length :0).

The largest map is 128x128 tiles - each tile is 3 meters on each side, which would make 384x384 meters ~ 147k m². That's equal to 0.147 km²... However, the largest map currently supported by the engine is 256x256~768x768~589824m²~.589km².

I thought from meter to kilometer you only divided by 1,000, not 1,000,000.

Yes, but going from square meters to square kilometers, you have to do it twice, once for the x, and once for the y directions, so that in total you divide by 1,000,000

Description for gold coins - "Gold Coins are good at buying stuff and services with them.  Duh!"

Shouldn't it say "Gold coins are good for buying goods and services with them.  Duh!"  or something more grammatically correct?

That's not more correct, just more cliche.

Perhaps

"Gold Coins may be bartered for goods or services. Duh!"

Or if we wanted to throw just a little humor in....

"This Gold Coin is legal EL tender for all EL debts, public and private."

(the phrase used on all US paper currancy, but this is an international game so you'd have to make a judgement call on it)

when enemy flees from fight it says ''xxx fleed from the battle, go get that covard''

It should write fled from the battle.. =)

and when you click on sun med it goes '+4 acuracy' instead of 'accuracy'

Edited by shasso

when enemy flees from fight it says ''xxx fleed from the battle, go get that covard''

It should write fled from the battle.. =)

and when you click on sun med it goes '+4 acuracy' instead of 'accuracy'

Fixed.

When trying to eat food or quaff a potion too quickly, you get the 'You must wait at least 1 second....'. I believe there is a 'till' in the sentance, which should in fact be 'until'

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book...tionary&va=till , see meaning 2. Unless of course this is one of those idiosyncrasies in the English language that I'm not aware of.

Main Entry: 1till

Pronunciation: t&l, t&l, 'til

Function: preposition

Etymology: Middle English, from Old English til; akin to Old Norse til to, till, Old English til good

1 chiefly Scottish : TO

2 : UNTIL

General Knowledge about making medallions. Allows you to research Silver Medallions Buildig and Gold Medallion Building.

It should be "Silver Medallions Building" and "Gold Medallions Building".

On the main site, Gerubandi Penninsula has a red number. GP isn't PK.

Edited by freeone3000

General Knowledge about making medallions. Allows you to research Silver Medallions Buildig and Gold Medallion Building.

It should be "Silver Medallions Building" and "Gold Medallions Building".

Fixed.

It says "Contract Us" on the main site. Should be "Contact Us".

Read it before posting such comments... <_<