Eternal Lands Official Forums
Cicero

Spelling And Grammar Errors

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I just finished researching Shields Construction and got this message: "You finished researching Shields Construction: General information on how to build varios types of shields."

I believe it should be "various types"

Haidir Quest task from Thom in PV tavern

I am trying to rise some chicken, for eggs and to server to my

customers.

should be 'serve'

When going back to Darithia to see what the quest was she says:

I can has my 10 iron chanins first ktnxby?

chanins -> chains

When going back to Darithia to see what the quest was she says:

chanins -> chains

same for:

"Did you bring my 3 titanium chanins?"

One of Xaquelina's daily harvesting quests sent me to Isla Prima to get Tiger Lillies.

Once all of the Tiger Lillies are harvested, the pop-up says: "You got all of the Tigger Lillies"

"Tigger" should be "Tiger"

Haidir Quest in IP:

Reca says: "One one of the barrels behind me..." I think it might should say: "Using one of the barrels behind me..." or "One of the barrels behind me contains.." or something like that.

And in the same paragraph she also says:

"I hate spiders, so I can't even go down the basement". It should say something llike "I hate spiders, so I can't even go down into the basement" or "I hate spiders, so I can't even go down there."

Xaquelina quest says:

"My special impatients shipment is delayed again.. The impatients I need must be collected from Crystal Cavern 140.81. I need 60"

impatients should be impatiens

Haidir quest

Thom in PV

I am trying to rise some chicken....

Should be "raise some chickens" as well as previous report about "server" should be "serve"

I think that Daritha's been eating too many mushrooms. Either that, or she's been tweeting excessively.

If you are already on her "iron chains" (meaning "iron chain-mail torso armor") quest and you ask her if she needs help, she replies:

A less cryptic response might be something along the lines of:
You must bring me my 10 iron chain-mail torso armors before you can help me further.

I think that Daritha's been eating too many mushrooms. Either that, or she's been tweeting excessively.

If you are already on her "iron chains" (meaning "iron chain-mail torso armor") quest and you ask her if she needs help, she replies:

A less cryptic response might be something along the lines of:
You must bring me my 10 iron chain-mail torso armors before you can help me further.

This is an internet meme.

kthnxbai purposeful incorrect spelling and grammatical errors are done constantly on EL and othe rplaces to basically make fun of or replicate short hand that comes from internet slang.

This is an internet meme.

kthnxbai purposeful incorrect spelling and grammatical errors are done constantly on EL and othe rplaces to basically make fun of or replicate short hand that comes from internet slang.

Daritha is not some 12 year old texting valley girl. She is supposed to be a warrior and a teacher. Give that kind of moronity to some loser NPC that hangs around a tavern (or SW Desert Pines in a tent), not to someone responsible for training fighters and handing out high-XP quests. It just mentally throws you out of the game.

green day - "off" should be "of"

The Green Day Role Playing Description is as follows: "Role Playing: Today we honor Mother Nature by not stripping her off her resources."

It should be "stripping her of her resources"

Extrapolation posted this way back in 2007. I noticed the same spelling mistake 3 years later...just sayin'

Nordcarn -> Oscar -> Druppel ->

dialogue

"Ha! Usually she can be found over by the poond. I shoot arrows past her ears and she is so deaf she thinks they are mosquitos! *He can barely finish the story from laughter *Haha, you should she her swatting at her ears, and then dropping her bucket ...oooohhh...it is so funny!"

Edited by cantfindaname

typo in counter:

If its anything other than the extra "]" in "] Inorganic Removal Stone (lost)" string then you'll have to be more specific :P . Some of those strings are client side and so we could correct a typo without a server change. In any case, regarding the extra "]" please could you post the full string from your chat log so that we can see where the string slicing has gone wrong.

typo in counter:

If its anything other than the extra "]" in "] Inorganic Removal Stone (lost)" string then you'll have to be more specific :P . Some of those strings are client side and so we could correct a typo without a server change. In any case, regarding the extra "]" please could you post the full string from your chat log so that we can see where the string slicing has gone wrong.

Its the extra ] and this post contains a screenie of the message I got.

What the screen in this post does not show is a correctly spelled line for an Inorganic Removal stone that did end up in my inventory a couple of years ago.

Today is a special day:

Peace Day

English: No fighting today, you can't attack players, animals or monsters, and the animals or monsters won't attack you either.

Role Playing: Today we celebrate life and, as such, we will not fight with eachother, nor will will harm any life form.

Today is a special day:

Peace Day

English: No fighting today, you can't attack players, animals or monsters, and the animals or monsters won't attack you either.

Role Playing: Today we celebrate life and, as such, we will not fight with each other, nor will we harm any life form.

Personally, I think it should read: English: No fighting today. You can't attack players......

Its the extra ] and this post contains a screenie of the message I got. What the screen in this post does not show is a correctly spelled line for an Inorganic Removal stone that did end up in my inventory a couple of years ago.

I've modified to the counters code to be more robust - CVS updated. No idea why the server message used "a[n]" but it should not matter now. If you have a complete chat log, you can reread all the breaks and events category information using the "#chat_to_counters" command.

Hi, i'm new to the fourms but i noticed when doing the quest for Novac on Isla Prima that there was a text error he says "you have to kill a fox, as kalana in desert pines about the location" what i think he was saying is ask rather than as?

As seen just now :

GIWS: The Global Invasion Warning System project is functional, and it's efficiency rating has been upgraded to rank 3 (the higher the better, max is 3)

It should be 'its efficiency'.