Eternal Lands Official Forums
Cicero

Spelling And Grammar Errors

Guest Kystauri

When I was helping Mrs. Lorpak I met a young elven craftswoman named Adnama in the Forest of the Fall who apparently taught herself most OR what she knows about her skill. I'm quite certain that she meant to say she taught herself most OF what she knows... instead :)

Hi,

I'm pointing this out because it's been in the game for years and hasn't been fixed as of the time of this post:

As you walk into Grubani Peninsula from Grahms Village, you see "Welcome to Grubani Penisula" This is the text pasted from the game: Welcome to Grubani Penisula

Now, it should be "Welcome to Grubani Peninsula"

I think you can see the problem here....I'm going to shut up before I really get into trouble.

Yours,

Alyot

Hi,

I'm pointing this out because it's been in the game for years and hasn't been fixed as of the time of this post:

As you walk into Grubani Peninsula from Grahms Village, you see "Welcome to Grubani Penisula" This is the text pasted from the game: Welcome to Grubani Penisula

Now, it should be "Welcome to Grubani Peninsula"

The portal room still says you're going "To Grubani Pennisula" too.

I just created a new character and experienced the newly revised Tutorial quests and I have some spelling and grammar problems to point out.

... That way you can see a small description of that item, it's name, and it's weight. ...

Both "it's" should be "its".

Before I go on, I will explain you a few useful things. ...

It should read like this: "Before I go on, I will explain a few useful things to you."

... To return, just go back to the ship you came with, and click on it's flag. ...

It should be "its" rather than "it's" and the comma is not needed after "with". It should look like this: "To return, just go back to the ship you came with and click on its flag."

... That is, until overall level 15, when you die you just respawn near the fire camp here, and you don't lose anything. ...

"fire camp" should be "camp fire"

... There are 3 healing potions: minor healing, which gives you 5 HP, body restauration, which gives you 20, and potion of great healing (very rare) that gives you 50 HP. In your encyclopedia (the book icon) you can find...

The correct spelling is "body restoration" and the encyclopedia is now a tab in the Help icon that appears as a question mark icon. I would recommend you change the wording to be this: "In your encyclopedia (ctrl+e) you can find..."

... Unless your attack and defense are over 10 or so, I would not recommend you to attack deer, or anything than rabbits, beavers and rats. ...

It should say: "...or anything other than rabbits, beavers..."

Thanks,

Phil...

I just created a new character and experienced the newly revised Tutorial quests and I have some spelling and grammar problems to point out.

Thanks,

Phil...

There's also some errors regarding the map layouts, I forget them now though.

But I would bet they could put something in there like, "Do not attack anything other then rats, beavers, rabbits, your face..." and few would notice.

When penalizing your Attack and Defense with a True Sight Potion it says:

"Oh well, no true sight, but we got a 10 point temporary penalty to the attack and defence skills."

The last update changed that to an 8 point temporary penalty.

Aeth Aelfan Storage. A place renowned for the dubious credo above the entrance: you choose it, we loose it.

Should this not be lose?

Edited by Raz

Just finished reading Life Essence book, it says:

"You finished researching Life Essence: Specific information about how to build Life Essences."

Shouldn't it be 'create'? It'd be cool if someone could check all the essence books to see if they're the same...

While talking to Atkel, asking her about your past:

Ok, you'd better sit down. If I (possibly 'were to') tell you what your past iswas?, chances are good you won't believe me, so I am going to show it to you. The events you will see on this screen are taken directly from your mind, and projected back to you. Here we go!

Next:

You see yourself in a medium sized, maybe 35 metersmeter? long space ship. The monitor in front of you indicates that you are near Alpha Century A. From the look of the ship, you seem to remember this is a science vessel, used mainly in space probing and planet surface mapping. The bade you are wearing indicates you are the lead engineer in your team.

Next:

As you look onat? some maps, while? doing some calculations to determine the likely composition of the small moon you are heading towards, you get an incoming communication request from the Space Stationspace station? you just left, asking you to investigate a small asteroid field that is affecting your long range communication system. After checking your instruments, you decide to

Next:

take a small space shuttle and move closer to the designated asteroid field. As you move towards your goal, some of the on boardonboard? instruments begin to malfunction. The re-calibrationrecalibration? fails, so you decide to return to your ship, and send a probe first. Then everything goes blank, and you find yourself in a strange looking place, near a wraithWraith?.

While talking to Atkel, quizzing her about how magic operates:

Judging from your background, I assume you are familiar with the most fundamental physical forces: nuclear strong, nuclear weak, electromagnetic and gravity. I assume you also know that the basic particles are divided into two groups: the Bosons and the Fermions. No more than one fermionFermion? can occupy a single quantum state, which means that the matter can't crowd together.

Talking to Atkel about "another Force":

In fact, that F(?)orce is present all over the Universe, only that it's weaker, so many places such as your home planet are unable to make use of that F(?)orce, or even detect its presence. After all, you would need a billion TeV particle accelerators to detect any particle responsible for the magic effects. But I digress, as usual, so back to the main point:

Thanks to channel 20 for some help. I'm not a professional of course, so if someone with appropriate skills could look over this... :pickaxe:

While talking to Atkel, asking her about your past:

Ok, you'd better sit down. If I (possibly 'were to') tell you what your past iswas?, chances are good you won't believe me, so I am going to show it to you. The events you will see on this screen are taken directly from your mind, and projected back to you. Here we go!

"If I tell you what your past is, ..." is grammatically correct. If you insert the "were to", "...what your past is" remains correct as it implies "what your past is at this moment in time".

As you look onat? some maps, while? doing some calculations to determine the likely composition of the small moon you are heading towards, you get an incoming communication request from the Space Stationspace station? you just left, asking you to investigate a small asteroid field that is affecting your long range communication system. After checking your instruments, you decide to

The "while" is not needed, imo.

All other suggestions would make the quest text more readable and consistent.

Phil...

When Typing #Arm you get something that says

Magic Resistence: 0

it should be

Magic Resistance: 0

:pickaxe:

The Tutorial NPC is talking about 9 different flowers to collect, but there are only 8 flowers.

There really are 9 different flowers on Isla Prima, though one is (by nature) hard to find -- it's worth finding it. :D

(Not really about spelling/grammer anyway...)

Today is a special day:

Reconstruction day

English: Today, there is a chance that when you use an item, it will not dissapear from your inventory.

Role Playing: For reasons unknown to us, perhaps a time space anomaly, some items do not dissapear after being used.

It should be disappear :bow_arrow:

I don't know if it's already been said/noticed. If it has, I tried to help :)

Frukas the book seller in White Stone. In the "Potions 2", he is selling a "Potion of potion construction".

Can't think of what it should be :P

Edited by zezi