Eternal Lands Official Forums
teranoz

[patch #239 Shortcuts For The Manu Window]

manuwindow.jpg

You can make your own manu.ini to put in the items you make the most.

Rightclick on the items to see the name (you entered in the ini file), and click on it to put the items needed into the manu boxes.

Can be used for potions, crafting, manu and alchemy.

(no summoning with it because there are no textures for those creatures, so you might use image_id for bread or fruits or so to use it for summoning)

Please add a way to enable/disable this so that I can shrink the window size down and not clutter the screen when people dont want/need it. And how about leaving the Mix/Clear buttons where they were to not use an extra line?

Why not incorporate this into the game and have the server tell the player what they can make? For example, when I open my manu window, the server looks at my inventory and displays the textures of stuff that I can make. Or maybe it only displays things you've made in the past, so if you don't know that you have the correct ingredients, it won't tell you - players still have to learn the combinations themselves.

Also, why have this patch just put the stuff into the manu slots and then make the user click "Mix"? Why not mix it for you?

hmm, maybe this is what we should do with magic? comboed with a quicbar system maybe?

That could be done in about the same way.

A reason why my magic patch was rejected was that is could not be loaded from a file at the users computer.

In the meantime my knowledge of C has been growing (gained a few levels, lol), and I could do that with the magic window.

Looks cool. Now, just tidy it up a bit, do the same thing for magic, and we'll have a great interface :)

One thing that would be great, is if you wouldn't have to manually edit the ini file - saving new recipes should be part of the interface! ;)

complete with setting a icon?

yes i was thinking the same thing. just set up the mix or spell, hit save and click the square you want it in ;)

Please add a way to enable/disable this so that I can shrink the window size down and not clutter the screen when people dont want/need it. And how about leaving the Mix/Clear buttons where they were to not use an extra line?

Made it optional, and fixed the position of the mix/clear buttons

check_var function missing from your patch.

Also the patch is in an impossible to apply on linux .

More ... menudir variable missing : hint hint :

char manudir[128];

Can you fix those and send an updated one ?

so what happend to this patch? are it going to be accepted or just left to rot like some others?

i see that cicero is asking for feature freezeing of the client right now so i guess it will not be folded into the client for this release but maybe afterwards?

Edited by duran

you patch need in int.c->void init_stuff() to add

read_manu(); 

in int.c ( i put in line 610)

in function other wise no image are showing

in int.h no sign that there should be in

void read_manu();

but have not figure out how to adjust text window because show in new area of window instead of space.

Edited by jamesvm

Sorry to dig this thread up, but is this implemented ? I see the Manu.ini file, edited it, but I don't see any changes.

Is there a parameter I should use in the el.ini file, or is it just not implemented in the original client ?

Greetz,

Salem

Sorry to dig this thread up, but is this implemented ? I see the Manu.ini file, edited it, but I don't see any changes.

Is there a parameter I should use in the el.ini file, or is it just not implemented in the original client ?

Greetz,

Salem

look previsous post I it has what has to be added

Well yeah, what you said is for compiling yourself, which I still don't have all the files for or I dunno what I'm missing/doing wrong.

I have the client CrusadingKnight made for me in the Request topic.

I know it's not alot of work, when you have all the correct files in the correct place to compile, so mayb someone can add this in that client ?

Thanks in advance.

Greetz,

Salem

Well yeah, what you said is for compiling yourself, which I still don't have all the files for or I dunno what I'm missing/doing wrong.

I have the client CrusadingKnight made for me in the Request topic.

I know it's not alot of work, when you have all the correct files in the correct place to compile, so mayb someone can add this in that client ?

Thanks in advance.

Greetz,

Salem

Sorry don't have that much space on freewebs site to do that.

Sorry don't have that much space on freewebs site to do that.

That's ok, I'll just add this in the request topic, maybe Crusading can do it :unsure:

Greetz,

Salem

will it not be accepted because there's not enough time, or because it is not what you would want the manufacturing system to be for the client?

i think the people writing patches would be happy to know the reasons why their stuff is (not) included,

in order to improve upon that for the next patches they write ;) at least i know i would :)

yoddhar