Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Addition To Guild System

After seeing many low level players (nothing above 20..) who want to join guilds, i've come up with an idea to help them out... Guilds can have "trainees". These people would be people training to join the guild, either because they are below 20 in everything or because the guild wants to wait to let him/her in..

The guild tag would be the same letters/numbers, but maybe a different color? not sure what would work best there

anyhoo i think this would make a great addition to the current guild system. it's a lot like what the Rangers did, way back before official ingame guilds... (if you dont care about oldbie talk, stop reading here :unsure: )

before joining, you had to go through a series testing and training .. it was very annoying but it was well worth it when i finally got in the guild... and then once guilds were official ingame, we would assign members of ~RA~ to different EL-ers who wished to join...

of course, it would be up to the guildmaster to decide if they want trainees or not..

good idea? bad idea? gad idea? bood idea?

A bood idea. :D

Could help the newbies get invloved in the community a bit more, and would help with getting to know the game, skills and commands.

or the guild tag could go before their name .. or it could be lowercase hm.. but some guild tags have no letters... so maybe it could have a smaller, but still legibal font size... because if everybody who wasnt in a guild yet had "wannabe" slapped on their name busy places like storages would only become more cluttered

How about just pumping the wannabe to level 20 then joining? It doesn't take *that* long...

Maybe make the tag a little bit smaller.

wannabe

guild_name

those 2 lines in a smaller font. So the name will like taking 2 lines of the smaller font :lol:

I'd rather not see more text hanging about player's heads... why not incorporate all this info into the "look" command? The only thing we need about their heads is their name... everything else should be displayed when you "look".