Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Screw You Guys, I'm Coming Back (well, Sort Of)

Will we be able to try it before we pay?

So what is going to happen with EL1 p2p-wise? P2P items, areas, something else? I think i would rather play this one than that.. thing =) Tho it is too early to say, building cities and owning houses does seem cool..

Ah nice Ent...Good luck with your new project.

I like the idea of building houses and cities ect ect.

Will everything look the same?

Oooo... /Me is back after a while of absence - Had Alot of work to take care of :ph34r: . Welcome back Entropy :)

This idea sounds great, hope this EL2 becomes yet another great game :)

so are the maps we are making now for p2p going to be for EL2???

and does this mean all of the cities/caves we've made will be gone cuz everything will be player built???

Are caves also going to be player dug???

Do we get to map the stuff beta players build???

We will see about trials and such, I'll let you know more once it's ready.

As for the p2p maps for el1, Roja said she wants a paid version of el1 too, where you can get access to the new maps and such.

maybe you should keep EL1 as it is so we don't have to pay for it think of us little guys that are 10-13 or so years old we can't P2P so keep EL1 as it is without payment it would be best B)

Well, we will still need some financial backing for EL2 (Barren Moon), so some money from EL1 could help. After Barren Moon goes out of Beta, EL1 might be compeltly free, we'll see at that time.

More info about it later, I'll keep you up to date.

Oh yes, and it won't be a game for power gamers, it will involve strategy, a LOT of teamwork, player built cities, common research, maybe some city wars, etc.

sounds just like one of my idea's @_@ get out of my heaaaaaaaaad.

best of luck with it and if your project falls behind and your still working on it by the time i learn coding ill jump on with ya ;)

EL1 going p2p hrm. I agree that if el was to have a p2p system that roja is doing the right thing. Certain maps and maybe 1 new set of equip like "adamantium or something"

that only members can forge/find/buy and maybe 1 or 2 new skill tree's. It makes it so that paying isnt that big of a deal if you cant afford it but it makes people who have the money to spend support the server.

edit

also people seem to be worried about lack of devs for el1 now. The project is open-source at the moment... That means anyone can add onto the game. Btw is roja still the main admin for el1?

(oh ya and where can i download an easy install CVS? i tried from i believe their main site and after like 10 secs the cmd prompt window just closes. winxp btw"

Roja said she wants a paid version of el1 too, where you can get access to the new maps and such...............

.......After Barren Moon goes out of Beta, EL1 might be compeltly free, we'll see at that time.

I suggest you do the idea you had, to bring back platinum coins that we buy with real money. With platinum cash you can buy from a NPC weapons/armor/capes/clothes that are nonmanufacturable and nondropable and in some way better than those we already have. And to buy tickets to access p2p areas, and other things...

can i be a tester as i can't play p2p games but i don't want to miss out on such a great game oppertunity, games are my life, plz ent?

Awesome, Ent :) Glad to hear you're back in action :D

As many have said before me, I'm willing to assist in any way necessary...testing, creating, whatever :)

A few things that come to mind...

- First player mode?

- Same world?

- Perhaps Roleplay-only areas/Roleplay-only server? Perhaps only certain, designated people could be allowed access to roleplay-only maps (i.e. have to prove through a test or something that they can roleplay...that way rp'ers aren't disturbed by powergaymers...)

:D I miss the rp'ingness of EL...in case you can't tell...

Of course, I should be talking...EL barely even works on my computer (basically a text-only game for me...and even that has a delay...)

Oh well...best of luck Ent, I know you'll do an amazing job with this project B)

WOW cool!! player built cities! w00t :) :lol: :D :lol: it sounds like heaven!!!

if only i were old enough to pay... <_<

Player built cities...very nice, very addictive sounding B)

yeah i cant wait to see how it turns out :D

and to entropimp: as tum said, and many b4 him, i'm willing to take any pills or needles or any other method of testing for EL2 xD or whatever it may take...

thats right i said entropimp

maybe i shouldnt have.... eek...... <_<

guys, we didn't even bging working at it yet. I mean, we are still discussing the technical details and I am writting the design document first. So we won't need any beta or alpha or whatever testers until next year. When we will, I'll let you know. And, of course, the beta test accounts will be deleted and the world reseted once the beta is done.

guys, we didn't even bging working at it yet. I mean, we are still discussing the technical details and I am writting the design document first.

Design document? Damn, you work more professionally that we do at work :)

its kool, but i can't and i won't pay. Im in Argentina!!! and we are in crisis, so i can not spend money in games :P