Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Korgan

Depositing To Storage

I can't speak for everyone, but I'd like to see "You just deposited 2 Doodah. You now have 42 in the storage."

At least I like to know just how many of the given item I have after I deposit more, especially when my recipes for stuff is something like "Take 800 iron bars and..." ;) Oh well, just my humble opinion. Let me know what you people think. Or not. Up to you.

Also, as nice as #storage command is, it would be great if it either 1) was alphabetically sorted or 2) could be sorted with some #sort_storage command. It would make browsing through the list a little bit easier. And perhaps the output could be "Item, Number", not "Number, Item", like:

Beaver Fur, 6
Book of Beaver Training, 1
Potion of Beaver Herding, 42

Or possibly alphabetically and numbered.

1) Beaver Fur, 6
2) Book of Beaver Training, 1
3) Potion of Beaver Herding, 42

Just some ideas from an old dwarf. I hope you don't hate them too much.

I agree. But only as a temporary solution.

I think the entire storage should be redone, so when you click on a storage NPC it will bring up a big 10 X 10 graphical screen much like your character's inventory. Non stackable items would be stackable in the GUI storage box. then you could deposit/withdraw/organize much MUCH easier. Also, the #storage command could read off items in order of how you have them placed in the storage window.

Probably been suggested before, but I think EL NEEDS this if it ever plans to be sucessful when P2P comes out.

I WOULD LOVE that! sorry to say, but the storage system as the moment is just realy slow when you want to withdraw or deposit a whole bunch of thigns. It would be realy nice if you coudl just drag stuff in and out of storage real quick....this game would be even better than it already is if that were implinted. ;)

You guys kind of missed my original point. I suggested two things, alphabetical sorting for #storage command and the NPC telling you the number of the given item after you deposit it.

For depositing it would be nice if you didn't have to choose a category first, you'd simply choose an item to deposit. The NPC could say "Great, you just deposited 100 Fire Essence (under Essences category). You now have 1234." or something like that. And I know this has been suggested before, but I'm still going to say it: Manual input for deposit and withdraw would be so nice. Now if you need 38, you have to get 20, 10, 5, 2 and 1. Or alternatively 50, then deposit 10 and 2. Manual input could be done with simply letting you type in the number, a slider, or up/down arrows to click.

Actually, just not closing the current dialogue would help a lot. You could just click on the different values until you have what you need and then say "No thanks". I believe Harvy (at least partially) works like that.

cicero had a system going for the server that would only show the categorys that was relevant to what you had stored or was carrying. entropy put it on hold as he seemd to have plans for the storage interface.

the best idea i have seen posted so far in all the threads on storage is a interface similar to the pc to pc trade interface. a area on the left for what your carrying and a area on the right for storage. combine that with 1,5,10,50,100,500,1000 or similar (like what you find in the inventory gui. those blue ones) and you have a working interface. click on a item on the left to move to storage, click on a item on right to move to inventory.

this would require a gui to be coded into the client and for the proper client/server commands to be added to the game protocol (right now it uses the standard npc dialog protocol and that shows).

so why spend effort on doing a partial recode now when if we wait a bit we get a nice new interface for the same job B)

as for sorting of the storage command, #storage bar (or similar) is all i need. the rest if just fluff as i can hit f1 and scroll the list if its big.

I think the entire storage should be redone, so when you click on a storage NPC it will bring up a big 10 X 10 graphical screen much like your character's inventory. Non stackable items would be stackable in the GUI storage box. then you could deposit/withdraw/organize much MUCH easier. Also, the #storage command could read off items in order of how you have them placed in the storage window.

Probably been suggested before, but I think EL NEEDS this if it ever plans to be sucessful when P2P comes out

I say we just go ahead and finish off our runescape ideas ;) (runs and gets the java-code for runescape)

lol

But yes i also believe graphical is better with maybe 2/3 pages worth of storage and all the usual perks of this form of storage, i also believe any item should be able to be put into storage. (A noob goes out and finishes the first quest. Hes so happy about his new armor and sword that he wants to protect and put it in storage while he goes out and does whatever "may be dangerous in his opinion" anyways he goes and tried but waaah cant. So he continues and pop he died while exploring.)

that was just one example of what could happen :D

The only issue with my suggestion is the size of the storage window, to make it reasonable there could be a scroll bar and the viewable would only be 5X5 or something.

And yes, you will have to be able to type in the quantity of an item to withdraw instead of having to use the preset amounts they list eventually. Maybe when you click on an item, say deer antlers, the second you click it it will bring up a dialog saying "How many deer antlers would you like to withdraw?" and you could type the amount in. Maybe there could be a "Max" button on this that would have to look at your load, storage boxes open on your character's inventory, and number you have in storage and get out the appropreate ammount.

Probably been suggested before, but I think EL NEEDS this if it ever plans to be sucessful when P2P comes out.

I second that!

...Storage needs to look like your inventory. Would be much easier.

Any official word on if this or something similar is being worked on? The more I think about it the more I want this type of storage.

Also, another small issue I was thinking of would be removing rare books, since they all look the same. To fix that, you could have a "ToolTips" type pop up when the mouse goes over an item to say what it is, instead of having to right click it or whatever.

You currently have to right click because the name/description comes from the server. The client doesn't know what type it is until you get the text from the server.