Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Joppo

Invasion Of Desert Pines

INVASION OF CORREN/DESERT PINES

I am Joppo, a honnest miner who settled in Corren about 1 year ago. My existance was very tough, especially when my mother, Joppolina (my name comes from the first particle in her name) died harvesting sulphur, one of the ceilings of the cave suddenly collapsing on her head. My father died too, but fighting bravely against Cyclops from Southern Kilaran, who decided to come to Corren to "have a walk". I now live alone, and am very lucky to still be alive. I never loose the trace of my ancestors, followers of the glorious god Mortos.

One day, I was walking in the Evergreen woods when my friend Arthur, a very friendly elf, came running towards me. He showed me a letter sent by my brother, who actually lived in White Stone city, a huge town. The letter said :

Dear Brother,

Im now hiding inside the meeting hall in White stone City, Trolls have came from Portland and invaded White stone city. Tirnwood Vale was evacuated, but we are afraid Southern Kilaran local Ogre forces are planning to invade Corren.

Don't worry about me, trolls don't know how to open doors. I think I will survive. Besides the local militia is fighting.

I hope Corren won't get attacked.

Hugs

your brother

I look up to Arthur, who spotted I had gone as white as paper reading this letter. Corren was in danger. I returned home, and started reading books of Ogre Fighting, to learn how to face these horrible fat monsters. I look out of the window, deeply annoyed by the noise outside. I spotted a crowd of men, buying their shields and armor. I was stunned. I didn't know that the people inside the town actually heard about the invasion threat. I walked out and joined the crowd, buying a full plate armor, iron helmet and steel shield. I asked for a sword, and got a beautiful sword, with Victoria engraved in it. I joined the marching army, and we camped around the town. A small group of soldiers was sent to cover the border corren had with Kilaran Fields. We where all awaiting, silently, the ogrish hord...

We saw nothing until 3:50, when the noise of a marching army was heard. We heard a scout scream : OGRES !! OGRES AHEAD !

My heart was beating like mad, and I was holding tight to my sword. Suddenly, the imposing mass of the ogre army appeared. We could hear terrifying grunts, and the noise of their footsteps. General Luzul shouted in one determined voice : CHARGE ! WE charged towards the ogre army...

I first crossed swords with an ogre around the river, killing him...

Heres the REST

I felt overconfident suddenly. I charged towards another ogre, ready to thrash him. But I suddenly felt a terrible pain in the back. I felt my eyes would pop out my head. I collapsed.

Gathering all the energy I had in my muscles, I crawled out of the battle, immediately spotted by the healers of the army, taking me to a house near the battle, official army house. My pain was caused by a huge ogre dagger in my back. The healers took it out slowly, closing their eyes because of the unbarable scream that came out of my mouth. I stood up, and decided to go out and return to the battle. The healers said I shouldn't, but I did. when I got out, I screamed. The ogres had came up to the house and started destroying it. I ran, considerably weakened by my wound. I ran towards the Tavern and hid there. The tavern owner had allready been hiding, holding her sword and a stool. The grunting of the ogres got closer. I shouted to the tavern owner and the couple of women hiding here to keep calm. I advanced slowly to the window, and looked through it. I saw ogres running towards the tavern with big pieces of wood. The roof collapsed on me and I fainted....

Im now 313 years old, and kept horrible souvenirs of this battle. I actually learnt aftewards that my body was found by the medical help forces coming from Mynadar. The 2 women in the tavern are both dead. Juliana and Pitolliola. These 2 women will allways stay in my memory and heart. No invasion has occured since this one, and I hope I will be able to live long enough, so that my old age will kill me...

I actually really like the story. It was original and fun to read, nice one! :D

Perhaps if you included some history as to how and why these invasions started, this could be included as part of the EL history/background?

:)

It's not bad. :D

With regards to your other comment in the General Chat thread, if you want to write a story with "live coverage" of the invasions, I suggest you contact the Eternal Times team (read this thread). PM Adyna or makourain to sign up as a reporter.

With regards to this story, I'm not sure how to handle it at the moment, since I'm trying to work out some details with Ent about the storyline, but while we're discussing, please continue. I'll edit it later, if necessary.

-Lyn-

Joppo, will you finish this story out? Maybe do another revision to include some more details? It's a fascinating concept, kind of a snapshot in time, and I like the way it ends with the hero being old yet still having sharp memories of that day, long ago...

If you would be willing to continue working on it I will be glad to mark it as a work in progress, but otherwise I will have to let it go as abandoned. Please let me know what you decide as soon as you can.