Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Post Your Mature Ideas About The Harvesting

Why not make a random event have a random command. Where you can get rewarded for aknowleging the event, but punished for ignoring it. You aknowledge the event by doing the desired command, but if the command is not done right away, its off the pk maps.

if you ask me... the events still happen too often...

i asked ent how many chance there was on that event happening... and he said 0.5 to 2%

then why may i ask do i still get killed 5TIMES in 30 minutes and teleported away 2 times... i dont think thats 2% people... (for the record: im not bitching towards ent)

for me it's a PAIN 2 make 100 tit bars because i only have 160 emu (im a allrounder) and this implementation only makes it even more a PAIN in the ass...

i would suggest that those events would either happen as much as they do now but let us have Experience for EVERY HARVEST

or that the likeliness gets DECREASED even more so it doesnt happen that people get killed/rewarded 5 times in 30 minutes

Kind Regards

GeneralM

Why not make a random event have a random command. Where you can get rewarded for aknowleging the event, but punished for ignoring it. You aknowledge the event by doing the desired command, but if the command is not done right away, its off the pk maps.

and THATS another Idea i LIKE

it may sound like a Runescape idea but... what if your harvesting and you get a pop-up or something asking you a question..

awnser that question within 30 seconds orso and get a small reward (some gold coins orso) or ignore it and get killed or sent off 2 a PK map or a special map with some monsters that kill you and if you die you lose some items which are NOT recoverable cuz that map is NOT accessible by normal means

Kind Regard

GeneralM

Edit - Sorry for the Multiple post...

yes i agree that if the events do happen a lot that there shouldnt be a cap on harvesting exp as it would make harvesting more than a lame way to get exp. But im not sure on how often the events happen and im just not in the mood to logon "my items my money my everythinggggggggg"

The teleport as it stands seem to be inconsistent with the game...

Why would a freak wormhole open up and teleport you halfway round the world??

How about changing the teleport to the nearest Tavern with the text

"Your fellow miners drag your unconcious exhausted body to the .... tavern to rest"

only a thought

t may sound like a Runescape idea but... what if your harvesting and you get a pop-up or something asking you a question..

awnser that question within 30 seconds orso and get a small reward (some gold coins orso) or ignore it and get killed or sent off 2 a PK map or a special map with some monsters that kill you and if you die you lose some items which are NOT recoverable cuz that map is NOT accessible by normal means

well theres ur first problem. people hack on runescape... all you have to do is make a GUI that whenever someone opens it it shows the word/question on the screen and anyone else using it will answer for them. "they even go so far as to make a game of it with points , if you have lower answers u have hlped people on than they have helped you on your questions will not pop up"

but your thinking and thats a good thing :unsure: im here just to blow peoples theories away thats bad.

-Only players with OA or harvest > 40 should be teleported

yeah...I have one thign to say...I HATE THIS IDEA...LOL....what about us poor people with over 40 OA :) I need to do my dialy vegi hunting...it is like part of my daily routine in life! LOL.

Anyways...i'm glad peopel arn't taking this to the extreme...this kind of makes me think of hellspwn...and how everyone hates it when they get and the majority of people quite it before keeping hellspwn any longer, but the peopel who give it a chance (or are for some reason luckey and barely go there anyways...i love being luckey :unsure: ) fidn that it adds extra excitment to the repetitive aspects of the game :)

ok...i'm goign to be dnow...goodnight.

Look at all these complaints... How many did you see go "oh no, this sucks, I can't macro anymore"? None. How many of the people complaining are macroing? Probably close to none.

How about the uber-macroers, the ants? Do they complain? Not at all, they don't have feelings, they don't get tired of walking back to the mine. They don't even care about dying.

Sure the other macros will just be improved, so that they, like the ants, automatically walk back and continue harvesting. So, the only people hurt by this are those who play.

Guest SanityClaws

Simple request PLEASE change bitten by bee to STUNG by bee.

Bees do not bite. ;)

You know what... of all the posts ive read on this topic sanity's is the one that makes the most sense ^^ kudos

edit-

err i really think that the damage is too much. My lil brother had just finished the 1st quest and was mining some crysantmum or watever and died in 1 hit losing all the items he got off the quest. "minus armor it stayed" I feel thats not cool because it can happen to any noob who is trying to harvest. he had full hp btw like 20 or so.

My few pennies:

- I think this would discourage people to make a living of out of anything else then fighting, im a mage/alchemist/crafter... so if i want to make one medallion i have to make about 100 resources (without fail rates)... which would mean if i want to make 10 of them, i would surtenly be killed with my 50 HP only...

then there is the essences part... u tried to make essences... its pretty hard to make things like death esses and magic esses even WITH a moderate level like mine...

then there is my 3th point, currently enriched stuff is pretty expensive... but if u would discourage people to make a few 1000's of essences at a time, the price while surely fly up, like 20-25k for a EFE.... which means around 40k for the new armors... please tell me this wont happen, cause only full time gamefreaks (;)) can enjoy that kind of stuff then,...

I think this update prove how worry over economy and you know what should just left alone work other more important thing for programming this game. Like more items or add so can shoot arrows in it.

Look at all these complaints... How many did you see go "oh no, this sucks, I can't macro anymore"? None. How many of the people complaining are macroing? Probably close to none.

How about the uber-macroers, the ants? Do they complain? Not at all, they don't have feelings, they don't get tired of walking back to the mine. They don't even care about dying.

Sure the other macros will just be improved, so that they, like the ants, automatically walk back and continue harvesting. So, the only people hurt by this are those who play.

amen.

plz remove the being teleported. it's more than a pita, but only for non-macroers!

i don't have the time to walk back 3 times during 1 harvest while i'm at work ;)

Hrm if the "ants" are the problem and macro'ing is not allowed then why not just ban them...

"i believe i read on some post that macro'ing was allowed as long as your at the kb?"

I feel that this is not so much of an attempt to rid the game of macro'ing but to give the game some zest. Who wants to sit at a flower for an hour just seeing harvest failed... harvest failed... you collected x "flower".

Its just the 2nd day that this is out so it needs tweaking. give them time they are building the game daily and thats more than i can say for most games.

Like everyone else I would like to insert my .02

I don't mind the positive stuff, but think it is not necessary.

Pick axe's breaking no problem, just make the chance of it happening reasonable!

A bee sting for most people is more of a nuisance than a traumatic blow. Maybe warn players that bee activity has increased in an area, before they get stung, give the option of moving away.

A better idea is that instead of bee sting, use something like poison ivy, can't harvest because of itching, or that you take 2pts of damage from the poison ivy, If you quit harvesting then damage stops. This would also work in the caves with the concept of air quality and mine gases. Leave the caves for a bit and you stop losing health from gas poisoning. To get healed of the problem you go to tavern and or by a green tea remedy, that loses it's potency minutes after purchase, so cannot be carried like potion!

I'm sure there are flaws with my suggestions, but maybe they can be improved or just disregarded altogether!

Guest diegoo

well i think the harvesting thing is a good idea, but the event shoulnd happen that often.

i'm a noob ;) and after finaly having read enoug books i went harvesting coal, and after 5 mines i died, losing every thing i had with me. that kind of things should just not happen to noob's it verry discuraging. it should only happen to higher level players. and the idea's about needing things to harvest stuff is also nice, i think it will bring the macro harvesters down nicely.

if they take away the stupid gay teleporting idea...all is good <_<

im at votd...quickly harvest 20 vegetables and i get teleported to some dark distant lands far way from votd ;) VERY stupid....

and THATS another Idea i LIKE

it may sound like a Runescape idea but... what if your harvesting and you get a pop-up or something asking you a question..

Kind Regard

GeneralM

Edit - Sorry for the Multiple post...

I like this idea too, very much. The reward can even be "you keep harvesting undisturbed". Actually it seems like something like this would be a bigger deterent than the teleporting. And as soldus says, who has time to walk back from wherever 3 or more times just to get one harvest load in?

One of the great things about this game is it has something for everyone...you can get the gaming environment without the hazards of fighting if you choose to go the alch or harvest route...Now that option is gone and that was one of the great appeals of the game.

one HINT! or rather sayed an order DECREASE the rate of event that hapen during harvesting infinity was harving for 5 mins lost 3picks got hit by radon and bt a wall in the same time i harved 117 diamonds and after that broke my pick he mined the same amount and had all those things.....I think u should really decrease that rate m8!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I think there's a lot of good ideas here, thank you for posting them everyone and for not being flamey. I hope we will be able to come to a better solution that entropy will actually use...because you are all right in that the macroers will just find another way, it is the players who are hurt the most.

Things I think we should keep:

1.pickaxe breaking

2.some small good things(few gold coins or other common items), and also some SMALL health point damage is ok. Possibly even have a VERY RARE item to be found that you can only get while harvesting.

Things I think we should get rid of:

1.teleporting

2.dying

3.any big amounts of damage(which obviously result in the above)

Things good to stop macroers:

1.random question...entropy was even thinking of doing this so maybe i can talk him into it in replace of the bad things mentioned above.

The biggest problem with the random question is that it would mean the end of all non-english-speaking players.

The biggest problem with the random question is that it would mean the end of all non-english-speaking players.

Wasn't a multi-language thing being worked on anyway?

oh i have a good idea for the random questions too from reading the above posts... we can work them into the theme of the game. For instance:

"a wooden beam starts to creak from above your head..what do you do?

a.stick another beam up to hold it in place b.sit there and watch the dust fall on your head "

of course if you pick b then ....50hp damage as the beam comes tumbling down :D

Another example:

"you see a giant huge wasp land right on the flower you're trying to pick.

a. get away from that flower and go pick another one. b.pick the flower in your hand..."

pick b and you get stung :)

omg roja you are the best !!!!!!!

that would be the perfect solution...you actually read all these posts !!! :D:):D

ent, plz listen to that wise woman at your side ! :)

ah..most of them speak english anyways. not much we can do about it.