Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Post Your Mature Ideas About The Harvesting

Ahem...I moved every post of yours to the flames except for one in which I responded to this mess.

If however, you want to be mature about things, and offer some good ideas/suggestions and constructive critisism, you may post here concerning the new harvesting thing.

Please read rule #12 in the forum rules if something is unclear:

12. No bitching, spamming, or insulting about something in the game. Complaints ARE allowed, but if you're going to complain about something, then try doing it in a meaningful, and positive manner. First take time BEFORE jumping into a post and THINK about what you're complaining about. Then state what you have a problem with, and also provide solutions to the problem, or ask people if they have any. Do NOT insult people, such as the creators of the game who have worked hard to bring you a FREE game, because they do want this game to be the best it can be.

Here is my response to this harvesting stuff:

Anyway, obviously what needs to happen is to remove the pkmaps from the list of teleportation spots, and to make the stuff happen a little less often and everything should be ok.

At least it would be a good idea if the event happens more at higher lvls.

If someone with harvest lvl 10 tries to harvest veggies, or earn money at the portland apple the chances on damage and teleportation should be low, maybe even 0% under lvl 20 harvest.

Do not teleport people with low at/def lvls to Grubani

Fix the randomising factor : sometimes I can harvest 5 minutes without an event, and other times I get 3 in 5 seconds

Maybe it would also be good to let the events happen only if no harvest exp is given (so after the 120 cap)

I think this harvest change is an excellent idea. As you said roja, the pk maps need to be removed from teleportation.

The only other thing i think needs adjusting is the level of HP taken away?

If this were percentage based, i think it would be a valuable part of the harvest change.

OK, here goes:

1. remove the teleporting

2. reduce the occurances of 'events' to like 1/5000

3. lower damage

4. remove getting items and/or gold coins

5. add triple or quadruple the resources as the bonus instead of the above

6. make every harvestable resource need a tool (see below)

7. let harvest tools degrade like weapons

Tools for harvesting:

Each resource should require a tool (I would prefer to see them manuable)

Pickaxe for ore and minarals (degrade 1/5000)

Gloves for sulphur,cacti, vegetables and fruit (degrade 1/1000)

Sickle for flowers (degrade 1/10000)

Kindly

Derin

I definately know ent is doing this because of the increase in macroing, and that's fine. I just think he should find a better way to deal with it. I haven't gone harvesting since about a week ago(when i made 5k fire essences) so i wouldn't know the way around what all the terms are. but here are my suggestions.

remove reandons(the things that deal 50 hp while harvestiong)

lessen chance to break pickaxe and bee sting.

remove portal to PK maps, and lessen chance of portal altogether

(TOTALLY OFF-TOPIC)-make smaller monster invasions contain more monsters

Maybe Ent just should lower any macroers INORGANIC level to zero, along with harvestiong level. It would save us all some trouble, and all ent has to do is lower the levels, no other punishment until second offense, then definately a character creation ban.

And can anyone fill me on these serp stones and exp gains? huh? :P

How about make gloves/pickaxe/sickle needed to harvest...but make them one time use...such as one time per load...people aren't going to want to stock up on them in their inventory bag because it takes away from their load amount of the item they are harvesting...so it will make them go to storage or the store to get more.

Is there a way that the level of the harvester be used to increase the possibility of the event occuring.

eg. (quantity harvested - 120) in 5000 chance of wall collapsing {negative value disregarded}

(harvest level - (quantity harvested - 120)) in 5000 chance of pickaxe breaking {higher chance at lower levels of breaking equip due to lack of knowledge}

(quantity harvested - 120)/harvesting level of char obtaining bonus {gold xp etc}

just a thought anyway :P

(Adjusted) Analysis and Predictions

In General:

- Some items may be removed from the game.

- Players will start to bring HE's or potions to heal themselves...those market prices will rise.

- Teleportation Rings and Spells will rise in value and price

- Harvesting resources becomes slower and more careful. This puts a halt to the unlimited supply of resources. Market prices should improve slightly.

* The combination of decreasing supply and increasing demand would shift the market prices up. However, since pure fighters are not directly affected by this, the balance of wealth would shift to them, as they still get extremely valuable drops from monsters.

If players can still be teleported to monster maps:

- The value of the Monster Magnetism perk/cape will go up.

- Perks become more valuable, as they cannot be lost if killed.

- Excavator cape loses value sharply.

- Non-fighters will have an initial bad reaction, and items held by them would rapidly be lost at first.

- Scavengers/deathbag-stealers would increase in numbers.

If players are damaged (bees, cave-ins, radon, Mother Nature, etc.) by set amounts as opposed to percentages of HP:

- Newbies suffer badly, having too little HP or oldbies don't feel the effects keenly enough, having too much HP.

- Macroing and auto-clickers will suffer.

If players are damaged by percentages of HP as opposed to set amounts:

- Oldbies suffer badly, having a LOT of HP gone. This would discourage them, but they also have more purchasing power, so money and items would start to leak out of the game.

- Macro'ers and auto-harvesters may not be so easily-controlled, since a lot of people are generally tempted to macro at the beginning and middle stages of character development.

If every harvestable resource requires a tool that can be lost:

- Newbies would suffer as soon as they lose the tool, or discouraged when they cannot harvest anything.

-Lyn-

I agree the random # generator seems to be too random... last night I saw one

person harvest 951 times (they were counting) before they got an event, and another

get 3 events in about 10 seconds. I wasn't counting exactly, but I harvested about 300 times in a row with no event. I know the nature of random # generators, but

this seems excessive?

I also agree with all the ppl who say no teleport to PK maps.

Lastly, if it can be scaled way down / removed at low level, that would be good.

I think the harvest damage should be percentile. Like a cave-in can cost you only half of your material points. This means you can't be killed by one hazard IF you make sure you're in good health. And of course the teleports to PK and other dangerous maps should be only for ppl of a certain att/def level. Maybe leave the teleport thing out entirely for lower levels, so you won't scare new people away. It can be really hard to find your way if you're new...

(I'm really looking forward to the monster invasions! Great idea!)

ok, my thoughts after trying it out :)

- teleporting should be removed completely, it makes producing essences impossible.

- axes can break, why not, everything else breaks also..but the chances have to be the same as for low lvl weapons, not like it happened to me 3 picks for 19 diamonds :)

- the "no more tears" perk should affect pickaxes aswell, and i like the suggestion of better axes (less chances to break) very much too...they do have to be manufacturable tho.

- the losing health event has to be relative to the players health, for me losing 50 hp is no problem at all, but harvesters/alchemists are no fighters, they tend to have less health B)

- i don't mind some spice added to harvesting, but i think it will not help to keep ppl from macroing/afk-harvesting. Macroers will actually be less troubled by it than us honourable players.

- last but not least, to those who think harvesting is too easy as it is...it isn't so. i enjoy harvesting a lot, it is perfect for my daily schedule which leaves me not much time for lengthy sessions, but let's me hop on for the occasional harvest every other hour or so :) but believe me it is a very time consuming task already, when you stick to the rules of course.

and obviously it is not a macroers domain either, they can gain much more xp with every other skill, since harvesting is limited to ~ 6.5k xp/hour, at 20 will and diamonds. plz look at the momentary top 10, the only macroer is "ant_queen" among them :P i encourage you to check my logs or whatever you may need to verify the legitimity of my current lvl :)

and for macroers i think you have now a very good instrument at hand by being able to check their last actions.

No. Name Level

1 Soldus 72

2 Aislinn 68

3 EternalBanker 68

4 Ant_Queen 65

5 Infinity 65

6 tigger 64

7 Learner 64

8 Elf_Ranger 63

9 DonPedro 62

10 Puntif 62

so having said all that, i think a lil spicing up is a nice idea, but do not keep whole professions (harvesters, alchemists, manufacturers) from playing and enjoying this great game :)

thanks for listening, sorry it got so longish :P and keep up the great work, we love your game and are seriously addicted aswell :P

I knew I missed something...

With regards to teleporting, this would mean that:

- Current techniques of bag-harvesting and alching would be obsolete.

- People would start to crowd around storages again, producing huge lags.

-Lyn-

EDIT: However, again, this would serve to reduce the supply of items in the game. The problem is, of course, that the harvesters and alchemists already ARE poorer than the fighters.

Edited by Lyanna

I like the idea that has been mentioned that we tie karma into this.

People with good karma rarely get bad things, and they shouldn't be that bad. For example the would only be teleported a short way on the current map (or perhaps not teleported at all) or lose a small amount of health.

Less karma could mean teleportation to a nearby (non-pk) map.

Really bad karma could get you teleported to a pk map, or something equally nasty.

Of course, known cheaters should get worse karma for each offense.

i dont think that i would mind this upgrade half as much if u didnt get teleported all together. also if pickaxes had a much lower probability of getting destroyed. the hp taken doesnt bother me much it is just when im sitting on a huge bag going to make health essences i dont want to have someone else be sitting on it when i get back from being teleported. :P

* The combination of decreasing supply and increasing demand would shift the market prices up. However, since pure fighters are not directly affected by this, the balance of wealth would shift to them, as they still get extremely valuable drops from monsters.

I don't agree with the analysis for fighters...you can't fight withought HE's, mind rests and/or body rests... Do you have any idea how many of these items people fighting and training use per day? Thousands! Per person that is. Who exactly is going to be able to make a thousand anything a day when we can't even harvest 3 in a row of something??? Even though "pure fighters" may not make these themselves, they are required to purchase them or trade for them from somebody else...and there is nobody who can make even close to that amount needed with this current harvest system.

Few ideas:

Remove the teleport to pk maps.

New players upto a certain harv/oa level should not be affected, or the chance for something good/bad to happen be a lot lower than normal.

Lower the overall amount of times an event occurs while harvesting, maybe 3 per game hour or or something.

I dunno if its already implemented, but give the chance to harvest a lot of whatever you're harvesting (Gunslingers found rich deposits of Gold, 12 ores found) for example.

Specific (expensive-ish) pickaxes/leather gloves that reduce the chance of a harv event occuring should be available. Each item has maybe reduces the events happening by 10%. Example:

Reinforced Pickaxe: reduced chance of it breaking

Gravitational Pickaxe: reduce chance of being teleported

Jokers Pickaxe: increased chance of getting gold/an item

and the same type of thing with gloves, for flowers and fruit. No two items can be worn at the same time. Maybe as an alternative, a costly perk which gives you 5% bonus in all areas could be bought, instead of buying each type of pickaxe/glove.

Introduce Ent's idea of Karma - having good karma means you'll get more good things happen when harvesting, bad karma having the opposite effect.

remove teleporting completly, and if u do get teleported it should be one of the nearby maps, not naralik :P

i agree with having no bad effects to noobs, they dont go to hell or lose items until oa 7, so they shouldnt have to deal with this kind of garbage ent spews out unfairly.

the random events do too much damage, and they happen too frequently its totally outrageous, this is a travesty of justice against all el players.

Some people haven chosen the Gelatine Bones perk, under the impression that it wouldnt matter because they dont want to fight anyway. But now they get extra damaging while harvesting, thats kinda harsh :/

Altho this is not a mayor problem, i thought i'd say it anyway :P

Okay, I have a few constructive things to add now. Took me awhile to get over being angry for being sent to a PK map and losing a Powersaver cloak even though I was at the keyboard.

1. Things happen while harvesting(minus pick's breaking) at a very alarming rate and cause too much damage or reward. I watched one player get hit by a bee for 10 points...A BEE!!! :P How can a bee cause 10 points, while a punch from a noob does 1? Is it a killer bee? Or I've watched a player get hit for 18 pints because mama nature is mad, yet the next second that same player is rewarded! Not to mention that harvesting is the best, safest method for noobs to get going. Now they face death from monsters and bees while harvesting flowers.

2. Breaking pick's are a good thing. It will drive the price up which is a good thing. But going through 5 pick's in 15-20 minutes is not good.

The timing on the above two needs major adjustment as does the reward/damage done. Harvesting is not like fighting in that it doesn't happen that frequently. Harvesting is done in the hundreds of items by many people, while fighters don't hit as frequently and have a delay between fights in which their items are damaged or destroyed.

I know that macro'ers are causing problems, but this may be one step to many at this point, killing off or severly limiting the abilities of legit harvesters.

Sorry if there was too much rant in that. I tried to keep it down. At this point I am not going to be going online for awhile, as I've lost to much while harvesting fruit for my personal consumption.

I don't agree with the analysis for fighters...you can't fight withought HE's, mind rests and/or body rests... Do you have any idea how many of these items people fighting and training use per day? Thousands! Per person that is. Who exactly is going to be able to make a thousand anything a day when we can't even harvest 3 in a row of something??? Even though "pure fighters" may not make these themselves, they are required to purchase them or trade for them from somebody else...and there is nobody who can make even close to that amount needed with this current harvest system.

It's possible... after all, I'm not a fighter, so I can't say for sure. But what about the NPC prices? I'm guessing that if the market supply becomes limited, more and more fighters would go to Mira and/or the WS magic shops to get what they need. Hmm...this might balance the economy after all..

-Lyn-

Game balance at this point is in the favor of fighters especially on the high level figthers.

And is bad for those who don't like to fight. The teleporting to random map especially to Pk maps is a verry drastic measure. And quite useless.

Imagine a new player that comes to game start to do the first quest start harvesting and get teleported near a cyclop of near a fluffy rabbit. he dies instantly ... Goes back to harvesting and get teleported after few minutes into another map where is completly lost ...

IMHO is not good . Isla Prima should be excluded from this harvesting measures.

The macroing as is currently known it will be eradicated ( more or less ). But as is known from virus / antivirus fight the macroing will change as well and more code will be added by macroers. It's just a question of time.

So in terms of low term effects on the game this new harvesting system is good .

On long term is bad. It will create more "monsters".

Effects on high level players:

They will switch from good old specializations and they will start training pvp or monster training.

Soon the spawn points for high level monsters will become verry crowded and the fights over spawns will begin.

So by doing this adjustments to harvesting fighting should also be changed by adding more monstes , and more monster types .

Just my 2 cents oppinion.

wow see how much nicer this is you guys? Now if only you'd act like this everytime we add something new & contraversial to the game :P This time ent might actually listen to you guys, since you're not just bashing him to pieces.

My ideas...

Only items that require a pickaxe to harvest are affected. Yes people could still macro fire essences....but,

If you made it were you can only harvest say 200 of any pickaxe'd item per game hour. At 200, you get a message saying "Your muscles have atrophied, they simply cannot harvest any more."

And if you wanted--if somebody did harvest to the 200 point, then they would get X amount of damage from the shrinking of muscles. hehe. That would put a BIG damper on people who AFK harvest.

So sure they would have 5,000 fire essences. But with only 200 tit ore per hour, it seriously becomes a giant speed bump in the macroing of harvesting and alchemy.

WHY?

Because newbies need to be able to make fire essences without the fear of taking X damage or teleporting to a place that is impossible for them to survive. Once you have a pickaxe, then everything changes. With higher levels, comes higher risks.

Also on a similar note, but not so much on topic...

Why not have a X out of 100 chance that when making metal bars, you TOTALLY botch it and hot liquid metal explodes in your face? Dealing X damage.

SUMMARY.

Remove teleportation

Make it applicable to only pickaxe'd items.

My 3 cents,

Thanks.

I think this idea is bad, no offense. Please don't make the game waaaay to hard so that it's unplayable. I would hate losing 50HP while harvesting. That was always one of the easier things to do in the game.

Next thing you know, you'll lose HP when you are manufacturing because the needle will slip or something :D

Still like the invasions idea though :D