Eternal Lands Official Forums
Chryzopraz

Small Improvements To The Harvesting - Big Mistake

I am a passive player (verry little attacking) and my helth is at 45 max, this means i can instantly die when harvesting, THIS IS NOT FAIR.

I have an overall lvl of 53, but spent most of my points on resoning and nexus as I want to diversify my skills. now i need to lvl up 4 more times at this high level so i won't die instantly when harvesting. how do i do this now? i could fight skeletons, but i need a LOT of experience, and doing that from this high lvl is going to be hard.

I could reset and start again, but why?

ENT PLEASE GIVE ME AN OPTION

:angry: Wow, I`ve been up for like 5 mins and already I`ve spoken to several people who are talking about quiting the game after just one night!! Not bad going. Ent, what were you thinking buddy?? :angry: I know all the people using illegal programs pisses you off, and rightly so, but what you have added here is going to kill the game once and for all, not only for those who have stuck by you and supported you, but also for anybody new to the game. Ask yourself this question, someone hears about a cool game called Eternal Lands, the find the site,make a new character, they start to harvest to get some much needed XP to gain some levels, within 10mins, they`re killed several times by bee stings, splattered by falling rocks, teleported to an area they know nothing of,and then killed by a bunch of sad muppets in PK maps that think its funny to kill nOObs or players with no armor or weapons because all they were doing was picking some roses, how long before that person says, whats the point, wheres the fun in that?? I know how hard you`ve been trying to stop people from macroing and using illegal clients, but you really have to rethink this, this is NOT the way to go about it. If I`m gonna lose 2/3 of my hit points every 10 mins by a rockfall, or get stung by bees or get teleported to a PK map, I`m not gonna bother harvesting,and if I dont harvest, I cant make anything, and if I cant make anything, I cant gain levels and if I cant gain levels and improve my skills......whats the point of the game again?? :angry: Please remove this update, for the good of ALL the honest players and for the good of YOUR game :angry:

I think if teleporting and killing were removed the rest would be ok and even nice. It would be effective against macro harvesters and make harvesting more funny :angry:. Maybe pickaxe breaking should happen less often too.

I agree with Wildcard but sadly I have quit the game. I quit my guild, then the game in that order. As for Ent he can kiss my f***ing a**, I was warned about him and his bull and now I see what that person meant. Well good luck to those of you who decide to stay, and for those who are new only one word comes to mind here RUN.

Oldfool formerly of *FT* a great guild that will be missed

dum dee dum ... dum dee dum .... dum dee dum .... <--- Taps

" if you find something free, don't bet on it being good for long " :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

It's not as bad as i was thinking it was going to be.... just need to NOT tp to pk maps... this can be very hard on lower level and lower level hp chars. Need lots of tp rings..lol

Tigger

Ok, so what's next?

You got hit for 50 damage because Bob the ogre whined to his mother about you.

You got teleported because you made a pair of leather pants.

The vegetables you just ate were rotten, and you take 100 damage.

You break your mortar and pestle because the sunflower seeds were so hard.

Seriously. In just few hundred harvests I've been teleported, flame broiled, vaporized, crushed, broken pickaxes... The chances of these special occurances are way too high for comfort. Also what is "Pickaxe's Korgan"? I thought I owned the pickaxe, not the other way around... :angry:

In any case, this is not good. People hate it, as an observant person might notice. Some are willing to quit because of it. Almost everything you do except fighting, needs harvesting. I'm only a quasi-fighter, and as a manufacturer/alchemist/potion maker, I will suffer a lot from the recent tune -- as will all the other not-so-high-on-fighting people. If such a system is going to stay, please at least make the occurances "special", not 1 per 10 harvest. Actually I just now first got blessed by mother nature with some exp and then 2 harvests after that she decides that she doesn't like me anymore and gave me a slap on the wrists.

I trust you are a sensible person Entropy, at least you have demonstrated that in the past. Please reconsider this drastic tune.

Ent, i DON'T LIKE this idea and i want it to be removed :angry: , BUT if it HAS to stay at least do some things:

- most of all decrease chances of all "events" to 1/10 000 or so (like chances to break weapon)

- tele to non PK maps without hostile creatures (like fluffys in SKF) OR just always teleport to beam (works against macroers exactly same way like last option) OR disable teleporting at all :angry:

- prevent ppl from getting more than 19 damage per one "event" (noobs start with 20 hp) it will give everyone fair chance to stop harvesting/heal up

Optional:

- various types of pickaxes and chances to break them based on material hardness (someone else posted that idea here)

- perks/capes that reduce chance of negative events

- replace getting very good items (like weapons or serp stones [ we want BOTH fighters and manuers to cooperate in making serps, right? :angry: ] ) with extra resource u are harvesting. For example - you are harvesting silver and when you get lucky you get 100 silver ore ( or 200 :angry: )

Too many ppl complain and talk about leaving, things cannot be left like that. I hope you will think trough players opinions. I also hope you will REPLY finally :angry:

For all you flamers, i really don't care if you quit the game with your attitudes that you show on here, so goodbye.

Secondly, when we add new things to the game, don't you think for..even just a second, that they are tests to see how things would work a better way? And that adjustments just MIGHT be made after we see how stuff goes? No, you don't think that because you think we are evil greedy game creators that like to make peoples lives miserable MUHAHAHAH!! :P

Anyway, obviously what needs to happen is to remove the pkmaps from the list of teleportation spots, and to make the stuff happen a little less often and everything should be ok.

Now, if the majority of you would have instead made good constructive critisim posts I would not have to close this thread..but since it will take too long to delete all your crap im going to have to do it. Anymore flame and shit posts will be locked. You can talk about this on the forums, but do it nicely like stated in one of the rules :)