Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Monsters Invasions

is it implemented yet ? Im eager to see the first invasion ;)

I just find the idea of simply "beaming" when you are in a invaded map is stupid. This game should be realistic ! Here is a imaginary story of how I would like the spirit to be :

------------------------

Fluffies ! I hide in a tavern, hoping my friends aren't worried for me.... People eagerly await news from their beloved ones, stuck in the invaded map... Crowds at Desert Pines docks (invasion of VOTD taken), as others try to escape the threat towards the mortos temple, or to Nordcarn... Panicked people run outta VOTD storage and take the boat...

characters crying... Discovering their beloved ones have died in the invasion... They beam and await their friends, getting outta hell.

-------------------------

So thats how I would like it to be... And I would like to have a tight coverage of the invasion, like red messages saying X died fighting a X monster. and maybe if people like my idea, make a victim channel official, where hiding people can reassure their friends saying they are safe in the X town tavern or General Store...

I might seem stupid, but at least I got idea :(

I think is a good idea. But not few and strong monsters. I’ll have no chance against them. Better more but weaker monsters.

Lyanna, i think your ideas are excellent. A brilliant way for players to contribute to the community and a fun thing to do in-game.

However, i can see, after a while, players just not bothering, thinking 'i need to make all these essences first' etc....perhaps im wrong, i hope so ;). Even if players chose not to do it, would this affect the militia system you have suggested?

Otherwise, great suggestion!!!

Back when i hosted ragnarok servers i made my own map for an arena.

I used a main npc to set up the question like

Npc: which boss would you like to fight A. Big mofo B. Bigger mofo C. You aint gonna come back in 1 piece D. I think im too weak

and each prompt would tele you to a room "cept D " inside that room would be the boss monsters that are insanely hard to kill but have cream your pants drops "at a low % of course"

This would lead to more teamwork and allow those whom do not wish to take on such a strong monster "noobies" would be able to play the game normally. Dont get me wrong as u can see from a post i made in the events section i love town invasions.

"You may also notice im pushing for some boss-class monsters"

What exactly is your idea?

To me it just seems like you want a story based on what happens at each invasion.

THe official victims channel is ok, but there is a bot that annouces deaths on channel 666 which basically does this.

I think Joppo is in exactly the right thread for his idea...this thread is for the invasion subject, and his storyline is for the invasions. This whole militia thing could be considered a storyline, so I don't see why this is any different.

I disagree...this was just an announcement by Ent what was about to happen. I think most of us have almost gone off-topic with this thread.

But then i dont really care and it doesnt really matter.

If ent had not wanted reactions and responses, he would have locked it or put it in the news section and locked it. <_<

what about color tagging the names to each certian city. like votd would be blue. pl would be red. i think thath would be good. u can keep ur guild then like 3 guild would just have the same colors. :D

what about color tagging the names to each certian city. like votd would be blue. pl would be red. i think thath would be good. u can keep ur guild then like 3 guild would just have the same colors. :D

I like that if its actually doable...there should be some visible way to see who you are pledged to a certain city with without losing your guild.

I also want to know when monsters are implement so i can get free stuf from noobs .

i am a pwerful magician in el.

never dis me.

Guest Banana

Sweet! these invasions sound really cool! i cant wait for them. awesome ideas everyone.

I do have one thing to say though about this whol militia thing.

it is a great idea, but it is only 2 or 3 creatures at a time. I could see if it was more, but isnt that going overboard?

I do have one thing to say though about this whol militia thing.

it is a great idea, but it is only 2 or 3 creatures at a time. I could see if it was more, but isnt that going overboard?

How do you know that???

I always thought the pirates would invade.. but i guess monsters will do for now hehehe..

but good idea on invasions

Maybe to help militia ppl keep their points(if it ever gets in game) some invasions should be schedruled but have more harder monsters.

It would really help to make it temporarily multicombatant, but i dont know if thats possible. maybe some monsters, like wolfs, are too strong to take on 1v1

Guest protogen

ok heres my view on this:

-no beam me up temp disable for first 15min so thers no instant runners, so they have to hide with the best of us

-a varied army a monster for every1 essentially e.g. 45 goblins 5 fluffies 35 skeletons 15 orcs

-a militia police reward the harder the enemy killed the higher the payoff

- they appear in strategic positions in groups so no extremely powerful player could wipe them out 1 by one

-it changes the map setting so more than one person can attack an enemy and visa versa (again to prevent too powerful players)

- they show an objective e.g the town storage and houses preventing escape or trade until they have been cleared .

-possibly a player commander could be assigned per 5 people (squads)

- the status of the war will appear on the map showing enemy progression and movement.

- death and casulaty rates, but heres the good part when the people die to an invasion monster, within 2 min they cannot loose thier stuff or if they are signed up with the militia.

- monsters cutting of escape routes and searching in groups the map for stragglers, then chasing them down.

essentially i want ot see the monsters organised, deadly and efficient. no hanging around the bottom of the map. i want them heading straight for thier target unlesss they see a player who they will then continue to attack.

oh and the armies should be proportional to the number of players on the map and its size. so you don't get 200 goblins invading votd.

phew a story there

oh and when do they begin

yeah will be fun to log on, In a map, and loose everything =)

oh god where was i when i logged off last week??? :)

I just read EL times and my suggestion is not to add that thing where monsters can appear anywhere and not even the monster magetisum perk/cloak can stop them