Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Monsters Invasions

yeah will be fun to log on, In a map, and loose everything =)

Have post notes on my computer now to only log off on IP..lol... that should work..lol

Tigger

He has made it safe in taverns and stores and houses so log off there. Question though is it announced when the invasion is over? How do we know when it is safe to return to a map?

I think it the idea is great fun though. People cannot say they are bored.

Very Respectfully Sandcastle

Since i'm a fighter, i like the ideea. But 1 thing, why don't you put a 10 second time after you just log in, when you can't be attacked? That way, if you find yourself in the middle of 3 CWolves, you can get the f... out of there.

I like the idea, makes the game more exciting, creating some real tension. And from what I hear these monsters shouldnt enter houses, so those should be safe places.

But then, in order to fight such an invasion, all maps should become multiple combat, for u cant rely on a couple of very tough players being around and just kicking ass. Imagine if nobody came to fight the monsters, so they would remain there all the time. Also, there should be very little fluffies and chimeras.

Then, how long does it take after the message for the monsters to appear, and where do they appear. And would a monster invasion of White Stone be much larger than one of eg. Nordcarn?

But again, this stimulates the fighting part fo the game. I really think there should be more for the non-fighters. And the chance of such an invasion shouldnt be more than 1/800, really, cause if you 're doing a huge manufacturing project, for example, it just sucks to have to interrupt that because of some invasion.

But enough crap for one day... :D

What if i login after they tell the invasion come

Soon as you log on ask friends or other if there is a map under attack... no way to know if you just log on if it is under way....

Tigger

bring um on :D

No offense Ent but whoever the bright person who thought up this idea was on something. There are those of us who like to play the game for fun, and if all of a sudden we get the message that Fluffy's are invading and we are in the middle of arranging stuff in our storage and have to leave. I mean come on not to mention if we are in the middle of a fight, or just log in and end up in the middle of it, it's just stupid. Plus the fact that the mm perk or cape will be useless who the he** thought up that one. I mean if you had safe maps or inside cities with guards that would protect you so you could go about your business then ok but all out war thrust upon you is just gay man really gay. Also when I say gay I'm not putting down ppl who are of that origin so don't go all crazy on me. I don't like gay ppl but hay if that's your thing then go for it but just keep it away from me.

Oldfool *FT*

Just make it so the monsters loose health over time so they wont stay on the map for very long time.

nah then it looks like summoned just let them disapare if they kill 10 people or got killed ;P

Why make it only high-end monsters?

Why can't it be a challenge for like you know 'normal' ppl instead of a death trap to those.

I'm sure I can live with it, but there are others (like my son) who will not be able to survive this at all, unless he stays on IP.

No offense Ent but whoever the bright person who thought up this idea was on something. There are those of us who like to play the game for fun, and if all of a sudden we get the message that Fluffy's are invading and we are in the middle of arranging stuff in our storage and have to leave. I mean come on not to mention if we are in the middle of a fight, or just log in and end up in the middle of it, it's just stupid. Plus the fact that the mm perk or cape will be useless who the he** thought up that one. I mean if you had safe maps or inside cities with guards that would protect you so you could go about your business then ok but all out war thrust upon you is just gay man really gay. Also when I say gay I'm not putting down ppl who are of that origin so don't go all crazy on me. I don't like gay ppl but hay if that's your thing then go for it but just keep it away from me.

Oldfool *FT*

There's always one!!!

I think its an excellent idea. Ill get killed right away, but it's still an excellent idea!!!

LOL Placid I just don't like the Idea of say logging into the game and oh btw THERE"S A FREAKIN WAR GOING ON ATM, next thing you know your in the underworld pushin up daises.

" I approve this message, but I don't approve of ignorance from a dictating game creator like Ent. "

Oldfool *FT*

P.S. Ent I wasn't joking dude dictating .. probably misspelled but you get the point.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

But unofficial store bots = doomed.

Hehe, I would like to see them official store bots kick ass...

They would make the area around them relatively safe :angry:

It will suck when u get cought while making some stuff, for example sitting on 1000 wine, 1000 blue quartz and 200 bsf.

We can probably live with it, butt one thing is unacceptable: that MM perk won't work on those creatures. It's unfair to those who took it to be safe. They should be safe. If you want to change it, let them resign from the perk and get their pickpoints back (without #reset). I know it would be hard, but not doing it is harm and unjustice to MM perk/cape owners

*** hmm, just a tought ... because cape doesn't cost pickpoints it doesn't have to protect from invading monsters. But perk has to IMO

Some ppl make it sound like the end of the world. :)

Think of this. If the invasion is on the WS map; let's say even 5 fluffies. Count the spaces on the map (essentially consider how big the map is), you take one small square, they take 5 and the area within their attack range. When you log in the chances that you are going to spawn next to a ravage beast is very small, not to mention you would have to take into account the chances that you will even be on a map with this going on in the first place.

For the comment about being on a map doing something when it get's invaded, well hope to hell nothing pops up next to you, but other than that, don't expect that 2 or 3 monsters on a map will comming running to you because you're the main attraction of the game .. there will be other people for them to pawn through .. so sit still be calm, pack ur stuff if you wish and when you see one near you make a damn descision. God gave you legs for a reason! :P

A brilliant idea, the thought of players forming a militia like defence of the towns from the invading hordes gives even a lowly alchemist or potion maker the ability to contribute to the greater good... envisions fighters and high level mages holding back the goblin horde while potion and ess makers resupply from storage and the armour and weapon makers re arm the walking tin cans hacking and slashing the monsters back :P

A brilliant idea, the thought of players forming a militia like defence of the towns from the invading hordes gives even a lowly alchemist or potion maker the ability to contribute to the greater good... envisions fighters and high level mages holding back the goblin horde while potion and ess makers resupply from storage and the armour and weapon makers re arm the walking tin cans hacking and slashing the monsters back :P

I'll like to build on this idea.

Would it be possible to create or modify an NPC in each town to become the militia representative for that particular town? Players then sign up to pledge allegiance to one city or another, using the same sort of system that the god quests currently use. It doesn't have to be all the cities - I suggest WSC, Portland, Nordcarn, Mynadar and Corren only. Pledging yourself to a particular city would disqualify you from pledging to others, of course, and have certain benefits for it's militia.

-> WSC-pledged players can get discounts with Mira or Victor.

-> Portland-pledged players can get discounts with magic shop or swordsmith.

-> Corren-pledged players can get discounts at Harvy

-> Nordcarn-pledged players get a NPC that buys certain things otherwise unsellable to NPCs (like maybe polished gems or something...you could write that in as a necessary ingredient for rockets)

-> Mynadar-pledged players may get an NPC that gives them a free heal every hour or so (for all the KF fighters).

But likewise, there would be duties involved. If the map you're supposed to defend isn't rid of the monsters after XX number of minutes, then EVERYONE (as in, every single player that pledged allegiance, whether currently online or not) gets kicked from the town allegiance and loses their benefits. I'm hoping, of course, that this will lead to greater player cooperation and a bit of role-playing, since they are motivated to work together and keep their benefits. I'm sure there could be other sorts of punishments thought up to prevent players from just signing up without commitment, if you think these are too light.

-Lyn-

I'm for it, but remember that most fighters r antisocial, and will not benefit from a deduction at Mira or whatever. Also, if i'm not on, why the penality?

Maybe like the god-quests sistem, there will be diffrent ranks, depending on how many monsters you had slain for that City, with higher bonnuses.

Good ideea, but still needs work :P