Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Monsters Invasions

This was suggested a few times, and finally I will start implementing it tomorrow.

Every once in a while (maybe a 1/500 chance each minute) there will be a chances that a random number of a random predefined variety of monsters will try to "liberate" some map (from a predefined list of maps).

Those monsters will attack anyone, regardless of the MM perk or cloak. When the invasion begins, it will be announced globally, so people can get the fuck out of the invaded map, or, for those brave enough, go there and fight them. The invading monsters will be from the upper end category, such as Trolls, Cyclopes, Fluffies and Mr. Wolf (I always forget it's proper name).

So, soon (a few days) expect messages such as: "Valley of the Dwarves was invaded by 3 fluffy rabbits".

Now, I know that many will bitch about it, but this is going to be implemented anyway. And of course, the mines will not be an exception, so macroing or AFK reading will be even more dangerous than it already is :D

No, IP will be spared. The hell will also be spared, and the inside maps (such as stores and inns, not caves and dungeons) will be also left alone.

Guess where the AFK researchers will go :D

This was suggested a few times, and finally I will start implementing it tomorrow.

Every once in a while (maybe a 1/500 chance each minute) there will be a chances that a random number of a random predefined variety of monsters will try to "liberate" some map (from a predefined list of maps).

Those monsters will attack anyone, regardless of the MM perk or cloak. When the invasion begins, it will be announced globally, so people can get the fuck out of the invaded map, or, for those brave enough, go there and fight them. The invading monsters will be from the upper end category, such as Trolls, Cyclopes, Fluffies and Mr. Wolf (I always forget it's proper name).

So, soon (a few days) expect messages such as: "Valley of the Dwarves was invaded by 3 fluffy rabbits".

Now, I know that many will bitch about it, but this is going to be implemented anyway. And of course, the mines will not be an exception, so macroing or AFK reading will be even more dangerous than it already is :D

Best freakin' idea ever Ent :)

I look forward to it!

I hope someone can kill them though :D

its a great idea =D

but 1/500 MIGHT be a lil too much

ok... 1/500 per minute... thats 60/500 or 3/25 per hour... which is 18/25 per in-game day...

Oh yeah, and a suggestion: make it so that people who log in during an invasion will see a message upon login.

18/25 a day, thats like 16-17 a day? on average?

or am i looking at this wrong?

You are looking at it the wrong way, and that number is also wrong.

Basically, like I said, the probabilty is about 1 each 8 hours (so a little more than one invasion/ingame day (6 hours)).

And no, those who log in after the invasion starts won't see the message, they will have to be warned by their friends or something.

the idea is ok, but i dont lie kteh idea abotu 3 chimera, we tried it in kf, <cough jpb 2 chim adn 2 fluffy)

one helluava diss war adn they had no def. otehr then that 3 fluffy sounds good make them all coem from different places so they eat teh map!!!!!!!

lol sounds awesome, it is one of the best ideas you have had yet, and i would say 1/500 is to little lol maybe once every 4 hours would be nice, but i just like to see people bie by small furry creatures such as fluffy :D

Guest Reandok

I LOVE this idea. When I used to play Star Wars: Galaxies they had a similar thing when Tusken Raiders would invade cities and it made for a great little battle and was really fun. GOOD IDEA ENT!

To be honest, it's not 100% my idea, my idea was just to make the monster invasions random, rather than manual, as a [predefined] event.

winkle, read the news page.

The hell will also be spared,

i'ts called the Underworld :D

And you had better put Goblin invasions as well or I'll kill teh entropy!!! :D

oh oh and, this was mostly all MY idea, in fact I argued with ent a lot to get this in the game :)

For weaker monsters like gobs, gargs, and skellies-maybe add a big invasion number? like, Valley of the Dwarves was invaded by 50 skelletons.

But anyony, GREAT implementation, ent!

oh great..... now we can log on and get killed by something too hard to kill..... lol... if you are going to log off the game do it on IP and ask if it's safe to leave it..lol

Tigger