Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Korgan

Repairing Equipment

Seriously, that Tankel guy is a little bit annoying. First you have to do a quest. Then he takes your money. And breaks your equipment. He has already broken 2 sets of cuisses, 2 serpent swords, and a titanium chain. And actually repaired one titanium chain. So that is 5 out of 6 fails.

Either Tankel has wooden eyes, or then it's just that humans can't fix anything. This is a bit ridiculous, he should have a huge debt of gratitude for saving his daughter, but no. He rips me off and destroys my stuff.

How about either making Tankel a a bit better at repairing, or adding another NPC (Dwarf, because we dwarves can actually FIX something), that costs more and has either 100% or at least very much larger chance of succeeding. Each time Tankel fails, I get more and more convinced that humans are bloody useless. Not as useless as elves, but useless nonetheless. Then again not even elves are as useless as the greenskins, but then again all greenskins must die and... Sorry, got carried away. Anyway. We need a dwarf blacksmith to actually repair something.

Thank you.

You Forget about Human Arrogance, We will keep trying at something cause we know we can do it, even if it takes us a thousand tries. It's Great to be Human :unsure:

NeoSeS

I've brought him titanium chains, tit longs, and he succeeds everytime.

Then when I bring him an iron plate, he shatters it. <_<

Either you all have better luck than me (which is not hard me being the unluckiest person alive), or Tankel is a bloody no good racist who doesn't like dwarves (probably because we dwarves are honorable and lawful). Or both. I still say Tankel is useless, and I suggest the chances being somewhat more calculated rather than random. When there's a random chance, with my luck it will fail.

No wonder he's retired. No other blacksmith would break equipment while repairing it. You either succeed or you don't manage to fix it, but you don't break it under normal circumstances.

I mean, if you get a dog and then you have to go away for a bit and take the dog to a kennel, would you like if the kennel people just say "Oops I broke your dog" when you come back? It's completely the same thing. You cannot "break" a dog by accident, just like you can't break a pair of cuisses by accident, unless you have wooden eyes, no talent... and obviously if you're human.

Also Tankel says "shinny" when it obviously should be "shiny". :angry:

Korgan, since you're constantly talking about "we dwarves", how tall are you in real life?  :P

*WHAM* *dig dig dig* If you have nothing to add to the topic, please don't post.

And I'm a 6'2 tall dwarf in real life. Ever heard of great dwarves?

Hey, forget about the dwarf/ human/ elf stuff. But that guy's no good. He realy broke about 8 in every 10 items i tried to fix.

Now i don't mind loosing money, but it's realy annoying, and if i'm not carefull and have spare armour, i might end up hunting ciclops with my ass showing (and that's not a pretty sight).

Seriously, i get the feeling that the chances to fix stuff are much smaller than what he says, i don't know if my 28 brokens VS 5 fixes is representative. But i'd prefer to pay more and have 100% chances of succes. After all, he'd have the money by now to lvl up his manu skill :P

Well how about it's a 100% chance BUT it weakens it everytime..say make it a worn->used->shoddy->destroyied for ever