Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wolf_Lord

Rare Items For The Game

I was playing today and some idea for some rare items came into my head. I belive I saw Roja in a post suggest maybe creating some Rare or One of a kind Items that would be available for sale only. Well here are some ideas to think about and maybe eventualy after they've been sold for a while they could be implemented to be used as uber rare monster drops after a short (2 month) sale Period.

Rainbow Medalion -($25 USD)- A medalion that when worn increases your experince per unit *per hit, per defense, per potion, per...* by 10. Give wearer +40 Rationality or such or perhaps even no stat increase just +10 experience gained per succesful outcome.

Golden Jewled Sword -($35 USD)- Just a Flash Golden Sword perhaps even with matched Golden tinted Armor Equivalant to a Titanium Long and Plate Armor Set. (Armor set should cost aditional $35 USD)

Goblet of Revelation -($30 USD)- A chalise or a Goblet that would increase your magic by perhaps 5 levels when held in your inventory. It could perhaps even be used to give double the effect of Fruits or Vegetables when kept in your inventory as well.

Cactus Ring (or Book of for Crafters) -($45 USD) Sort of a variation on the Damage ring, but when held in your inventory if a monster or player attacks you they lose half there HP upon initiating battle with you.

If you like these ideas I encourage you to take a look at my previous post on Rare Potion Books. If I get positive Feed back on these suggestions I'll post more. I do not belive that the items should be *For Sale* only, but to start with to generate funds they could possibly be sold as the Swords and such are. This would give the developers money to compensate there time in Creating such a wonderful game for us all to play. This would thus give them more time to work on maps and newer creatures in the game, and some of the items could then be implemented as Rare Drops from the new creatures...

Again as always My Regards to Everyone

NeoSeS

...Rainbow Medalion -($25 USD)- A medalion that when worn increases your experince per unit *per hit, per defense, per potion, per...* by 10. Give wearer +40 Rationality or such or perhaps even no stat increase just +10 experience gained per succesful outcome....

I think this is an excellent idea. Increased experience etc...

The others seem a little....boring? No offence, just not as good as the medalion.

The others seem a little....boring? No offence, just not as good as the medalion

Ahh come on I thought the Cactus Ring was a really good idea too myself. Just the Vision of wandering into a pk map with nothing but one of these on and having someone attack you :D That would be great, you'd still die most likely but they just got a serious Bee sting in the process right :D

NeoSeS

The Ring only Effect the Player attacking, not the one tha was attacked :) Any monster of Player that attacked another player automaticaly loses half there hitpoints.

Regards NeoSeS

That ring could be ok.. but HALF their hit points? That's a bit much..

The medalion would have to have its effects be significantly less than suggested...

For the gold armor/sword.. em.. gold isn't a jewl/gem/whatever, I think you mean embedded. :)

The goblet.. hmm.. If you need a higher level that badly, talk to the magic gods priest, after doing some of his quests he lets you get a temporary bonus of 10 levels. if you took the godless perk, don't complain. :)

I don't mean just to shoot down ideas, but you have to consider balance. ;D

Golden Jewled Sword - Hm a titanium gold tinted sword encrusted with jewels hence a Golden Jewled Sword anyone else have a problem with this description...

Goble - Umm 5 levels really isn't that much and double the effects of Fruits of Veggies isn't really that big a deal either, at least not in my eyes.

Ring - Okay 50% was a little high maybe a variable between 10-50% would be better but still a nice little sting would make this a nice addition to the game I think

Medalion - forget about attributes just make it +10 exp per succesful activity, but in all actuality you need about 40 total will and reasoning to increase your Rationality to the point where you are getting an extra 10 exp per anyway so +40 Reasoning isn't all that much as far as experience is concerned really. If you make a fire essence for example you would get 15 exp per instead of 5, no biggie really.

I see no item in this list that would badly effect balance in the game to any extent, and overall it might even incerase the balance in the game in some ways. The main issue is that EL stands undaunting in some aspects while others change rapidly. Manuers have new items to create and I was just trying to point out some items that would enhance magic, crafting, harvesting and other skils in the game. Even if the medalion were made as just a high level uber rare drop (1 in 10,000,000) from a fluffy Fightters would even have a leg up and balance out the overflow of so many items in the game that lots of players get right off the bat. I think there should be some very rare items in the game, you know truely truely hard to get items that maybe 10 or 20 players might end up having every month.

Balance will be achieved eventualy but to get there new ideas and ways for growth must be implemented.

Regards

NeoSeS